• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #4: never give up, cuz victory goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
7341018-strength-%20while%20amped%20with%20the%20life%20force%20of%20asgard%2C%20the%20destroyer%20hits%20a%20celestial%20with%20blows%20that%20would%20bust%20a%20planet%20%28thor%20%23300%29.jpg

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Tbf, it's not like that joke hasn't been made in the comics before.

But also being fair, Otto Octavius is a objectively better name than having you're initials be PP, lol.
I honestly hope he would do something like that just to get back at the little shits

"LOL your name is Otto Octavius"
"And what's your name again?"
"Uh Peter Parker?
"so guess what that makes your initials"
"What does that have to do wit- Oh"
"Not so cheery now aren't ya? And your name is what again Miss?"
"Mary Jane?"
"Well that's a weird substance to be named after but I ain't your parents"

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Jameson made fun of the name

pretty sure this entire scene inspired the movie

They even mention Dr. Strange

I think the problem is more how the joke is used than the joke itself. Compared to how it is said there it is quick and to the point and does not break the tension to make sure the audience laughs unlike what the MCU does all the damn time.

I think the problem is more how the joke is used than the joke itself. Compared to how it is said there it is quick and to the point and does not break the tension to make sure the audience laughs unlike what the MCU does all the damn time.
I like Jameson better because its very in-character to talk about names. He’s the one that comes uo with their names in-universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back