• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #4: never give up, cuz victory goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
I don't see anything inherently wrong with that scene, it's the same as how Black Widow and the Avengers call Iron Man "Shellhead", except the delivery isn't well executed and it isn't a passing joke/comment like it should be.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I don't see anything inherently wrong with that scene, it's the same as how Black Widow and the Avengers call Iron Man "Shellhead", except the delivery isn't well executed and it isn't a passing joke/comment like it should be.
That's what I mean, if it were a passing joke all we would get is them smiling and asking "is that really your name" instead of bursting like a bunch of laughing joking numbnuts with way more time than necessary being drawn out by it.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
That's what I mean, if it were a passing joke all we would get is them smiling and asking "is that really your name" instead of bursting like a bunch of laughing joking numbnuts with way more time than necessary being drawn out by it.
Honestly? That scene would work 10 times better if they're imminent laughter was interrupted by a mechanical arm to all three of their faces.

That would make that scene actually golden in context, since it's not only in character for him to get ticked off by something like that, it's a way to remove the cringe drawn out part of it, and introduce some "This is serious business" energy back into the scene.

Honestly? That scene would work 10 times better if they're imminent laughter was interrupted by a mechanical arm to all three of their faces.

That would make that scene actually golden in context, since it's not only in character for him to get ticked off by something like that, it's a way to remove the cringe drawn out part of it, and introduce some "This is serious business" energy back into the scene.

I would avoid having Sam Raimi Spider-Man laugh and him actually trying to point out how dangerous Otto is and the other two eat Metal Tendril to the face while he dodges.
That would make it alot better to be frank.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
I would avoid having Sam Raimi Spider-Man laugh and him actually trying to point out how dangerous Otto is and the other two eat Metal Tendril to the face while he dodges.
That would make it alot better to be frank.
I said "imminent" laughter, and no, the scene would be superior if all of them got easily dispatched and tossed aside with metal claws, since it would establish not just to the audience, but to Peter and gang just how dangerous this Otto Octavius is. And that he's not to be underestimated going forward thus increasing tensions.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
FEac3b8XoAYCQCi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back