• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #4: never give up, cuz victory goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot Xho is taking a break from Discord so ill post it here as well.

@Xhominid The Fool what do you think fam

Don't worry, my break will be over when I'm done with the test.
But I really don't need to see the video... to agree.
Noelle is basically the best written Shounen Female currently, hands down. She actually improves, go through meaningful character arcs, she isn't reduced to a damsel for the hell of it and she isn't just a medic.
She isn't like Sakura, Orihime or even Nami and Robin, she's legit damn good and it's hard to find anyone better than her that isn't in a Seinen or Shojou.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Noelle is basically the best written Shounen Female currently, hands down. She actually improves, go through meaningful character arcs, she isn't reduced to a damsel for the hell of it and she isn't just a medic.
She isn't like Sakura, Orihime or even Nami and Robin, she's legit damn good and it's hard to find anyone better than her that isn't in a Seinen or Shojou.
I assume Chloe wouldn't count in this discussion because she is actually THE main character of her series, as opposed to just main female. :maybe

But yeah from what you're saying, she's definitely up there at the very least.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
B-but what about Uraraka. She had the best fight in the sports festival (no she didn't :mjlol :skully ) :maybe.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
B-but what about Uraraka. She had the best fight in the sports festival (no she didn't :mjlol :skully ) :maybe.
People actually think her running into explosions over and over again and ultimately getting no diffed, is a good fight much less the best fight in that arc? :hestonpls

Yeah no, the only remotely decent fight in that arc is Deku vs Shouto and even that was nothing to write home about. MHA has dramatic moments but can't do a good fight to save its life.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I actually think Nami and Robin are well written. Yamato as well if she joins the SH's.

But I don't know this other girl, so I have no opinion on the best modern shounen female. It's no Ochoco iirc from MHA.

I really like Maki from JJK as well.

Seriously, that fight was fucking bad because it's like they didn't even try or have her simply use her powers on herself or on Bakugou to basically screw with his perception or anything.
You literally can control Gravity and you can't even give her something interesting to use it with... fucking lame.

Please just kill this nightmare lol.

Look at this shit, they are trying so hard to make Faye into some MCU quipping badass and it just comes off so shit...
I actually think Nami and Robin are well written. Yamato as well if she joins the SH's.

But I don't know this other girl, so I have no opinion on the best modern shounen female. It's no Ochoco iirc from MHA.

Eh... Nami and Robin are similar to the other Straw Hats in which they usually stay in their lane and don't do much outside of it.
Thinking Yamato will join the Strawhats, topkek
And I haven't really gotten deep into JJK so my opinion is still open on that but I wasn't including it there compared to the ones it came out with.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The best main female I can think of (who isn't themselves the main character like Clare and Chloe and so inherently exempt from a lot of these issues as a result) is probably Aki Izayoi from Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. That still counts as Shounen right?

She was great for the first two seasons at least...until Crow showed up and completely stole her (and Rua's) thunder. But oh well, at least she got to be badass for the best seasons of 5Ds.

They should have made Quirks undergo another mutation or evolution, either through puberty or just constantly practising with them or just a random anomaly. Instead of just making things light and weightless with her fingertips, Uraraka could make something heavy, and her gravity powers are not limited to her fingertips. That could be a thing that is easy for Quirk users to achieve who have had them since they were born compared to Izuku.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
FDDnV5dWEAEKu8T

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

nami was pretty good preskip and has been basically shafted and done almost nothing postskip. nothing really terrible about her she just doesn't get to shine any more

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Nami and Robin had my two favorite pre-skip story arcs, but I don't think either has done much post reunion.

I'm expecting (read: hoping) they get new story arcs centered around them again later, especially Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back