• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #4: never give up, cuz victory goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
People actually think her running into explosions over and over again and ultimately getting no diffed, is a good fight much less the best fight in that arc? :hestonpls

Yeah no, the only remotely decent fight in that arc is Deku vs Shouto and even that was nothing to write home about. MHA has dramatic moments but can't do a good fight to save its life.
Mha fans.jpg :mjlol

Shoto also had the only decent fight in the absolute shit show that was the joint training arc. Maybe Hori's trying to tell us something :mjlol. Most of the fights suck in this series because it either amounts to needing to punch harder or needing to punch even harder-er with maybe some quirk Zenkais to help you out (which is stupid in concept but that's its own topic :kobeha). Only real stand out fights in the series is All Might vs Afo, because before we knew that Hori had no idea what to do with him anymore it was legitimately cool to see All Might tell his death shroud to fuck off. Then there's Chadeavor vs high end. The only real decent fight for Izuku is against Muscular because there was some kinda stakes involved and even that wasn't that good because Izuku just punched harder again to win:mjlol.
Seriously, that fight was fucking bad because it's like they didn't even try or have her simply use her powers on herself or on Bakugou to basically screw with his perception or anything.
You literally can control Gravity and you can't even give her something interesting to use it with... fucking lame.

Please just kill this nightmare lol.

Literally only creates a meteor shower out of rubble that only the fucking blind wouldn't see coming :kobeha. She can join Kaminari I guess, you'd think having lightning powers would be cool by its very nature but Hor goes out of his way to make it lame as fuck. She can also join 99% of class a but people like tapeboy, taillad and sugar man had no future to begin with :mjlol.
Sad shit frankly imagine peaking in the third arc :mjgrin
Keep in mind that Hori said her importance rivals nibbas like Endeavor, Shoto and All Might at one point since she's the "main heroine" in name only :skully. I'd bet money the only thing Hori really thinks is main heroine material with Uraraka is her nonexistent chemistry with Izuku as a love interest. I wouldn't be saying that if this was her early arc personality before Izuku was all she ever thinks about but it's the truth :kobeha.

sir_fire

Distinguished
75.jpg

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
nami was pretty good preskip and has been basically shafted and done almost nothing postskip. nothing really terrible about her she just doesn't get to shine any more
kinda agree. she had no big part really in dressrosa, gave sanji a wakeup call, in shadow of luffy's, and in Wano got a fanservice outfit and got a cloud upgrade. so yeah, nami is lacking alot.
Nami and Robin had my two favorite pre-skip story arcs, but I don't think either has done much post reunion.

I'm expecting (read: hoping) they get new story arcs centered around them again later, especially Robin.
Maybe when we reach another cryptic stone pillar with cryptic letter she can read, she will be relevant again.

She had a cool moment tho, when she showed how her powers had grown since timeskip, actually protecting a fellow strawhat instead of being support or being protected, but no real stake in either dressrosa or wano. her devil form is pretty cool tho.
She had some time to shine but I think its time for the climax and kaido's downfall by luffy punch.
lets see if it hits as hard as the crocodile barrage.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
The best main female I can think of (who isn't themselves the main character like Clare and Chloe and so inherently exempt from a lot of these issues as a result) is probably Aki Izayoi from Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds. That still counts as Shounen right?

She was great for the first two seasons at least...until Crow showed up and completely stole her (and Rua's) thunder. But oh well, at least she got to be badass for the best seasons of 5Ds.
Elle Ragu is still top.

:kannasip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back