• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo Thread #4: never give up, cuz victory goes to those with courage

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
mIjuQJqXSFdEyws_b3iSfisEwMOZTDco_4HBU7y0FiqRhDpiHZeVR1WlchSM8CU7Hc3J5c0pW0WHQg=s1600
7l45CxuIMfEOXbSOFUFOEIafqxDlrwvMiAU7GR56_tiwLHiPl4uxNAUzD8xDZ1s-wnF00l39HKjKVA=s1600

Bloodlusted Ben Grimm = easily solar system levels, minimum.

Ben managed to straight up KO the Immortal Hulk at one point iirc

Broke his arm but damn them is some bragging rights

This shit right here is fucking VILE.
Julia is somehow the main antagonist and SHOOTS Spike, Spike is literally scared shitless as he falls and they then make it be a goddamned ocean because fuck you.

They continue to miss the fucking point of the original scene and the entirety of Spikes' character because he wasn't afraid of dying in the slightest, not even then.

And don't even get me started on Vicious, holy fuck did they murder that character worse than virtually anyone else on this travesty.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
So I basically started ff10-2, Just one question why didn't they made ff10-2 a full 3d game.

:kannasip I meant including the environment. they basically camera locked the game instead of giving you a way to fully control and spin the camera however way you want when exploring.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
So I basically started ff10-2, Just one question why didn't they made ff10-2 a full 3d game.

:kannasip I meant including the environment. they basically camera locked the game instead of giving you a way to fully control and spin the camera however way you want when exploring.
I guess because that's how FFX was and they were re-using a lot of the same areas from X in X-2. Most of the real work seemed to go into the battle system and the few new areas they had.

By the way, did you talk to Brother on the airship? He gives you a dressphere if it's the HD remaster/International version.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member

Strange things with that game.

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Also yeah, watched the first episode of betflix bepop yesterday with a friend who wanted to see it.

spike was ok at first but after the opening act, he just becomes to serious. Never nonchalant or laidback attitude at all. Just stoic.

Jet is the only one that seemed like faithful.

and Faye just reminds me of that chick from nostalgia critic. And that’s bad that it reminds me of that. She feels written by nostalgia critic.

also first episode, Asimov and Latina girl that wants to go to Mars,
Apparently she was in with the syndicate and it’s mostly her escaping that is the big motivator not Asimov stealing red eye and getting god complex.

Latina girl also is the one that flies the ship and bull rushes into the police, as Asimov dies of a gun wound and overdosing.

her death is gruesome instead of being tragically beautiful as in the anime. Like she blows up and you se her float in space, cut wounds and blood and organs spilled everywhere.
Like I’m not against blood snd gore, cause you gotta own that PG rating but make it work at least.

as of now, only the music and environments are top notch. Music is made by original composer, so why shouldn’t it be good.

ill see if I finish it. Don’t know. If the music and environments are the only best things, that’s not gonna carry it.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I guess because that's how FFX was and they were re-using a lot of the same areas from X in X-2. Most of the real work seemed to go into the battle system and the few new areas they had.

By the way, did you talk to Brother on the airship? He gives you a dressphere if it's the HD remaster/International version.
Yea I talked to him.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Yea I talked to him.
Nice, there's a lot of stuff like that can be easily missed in X-2 since nothing telegraphs the fact you're supposed to do them

Like how you have to rest in the ship's cabin, or go to the deck of ship once every chapter to get an additional scene each in chapter 5 (which you need to get 100% completion in one playthrough). How would anyone know to do that shit without being told? :blobwhat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back