• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Ranked One Piece Thriller Bark Mafia

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
In the future I ask people to not tag me for future signup threads, thank you.

When you started putting effort today, I thought this could give town a win. You tried to mediate between Gram and Magic and their stopping tunnelling each other was only chance for town to win.

Like, why town let Orca to be in game for so long when he was consensus scum day 3?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I think the biggest detriment to town was Magic and Gramm going at each other, it kind of pretty much spilled over into both their reads, PoE, and solve over and over. I kind of almost TMI'd and Flower sniffed around it when we were discussing the same day phase that Rugrat would get lynched in if it was mylo or lylo but nothing else came of it.

But I wanted to have consistency so I always reminded myself if it came down to bussing I would stay and tunnel Orca and refuse to town read him so neither of us would be aligned.

@Lethal also was fantastic, while Magic pretty successfully theorized it could've been performative and faked, we went into it completely expecting the possibility of one of us getting lynched since the hostility we've had in past games would make it more credible.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
And I was lucky hitting the vig with the RC. Didn't expect Tweet after claiming to get lynched though, never in my wildest imagination.

What did you think @Tempest ?

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
Also thanks to @Ultra for setup review and help in hosting! It was great experience to work with you!

First version of the setup had 6 mafia rather than 5 by the way, I think someone commented on low mafia numbers. We discussed with Ultra that having detached member is not obvious nerf for mafia, since it makes mafia team harder to connect.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
When you started putting effort today, I thought this could give town a win. You tried to mediate between Gram and Magic and their stopping tunnelling each other was only chance for town to win.

Like, why town let Orca to be in game for so long when he was consensus scum day 3?
I was wanting an Orca or Aurelian lynch, especially once I spotted some minor and subtle illogical inconsistencies with Tweet specifically when dragging those quotes of Fang out.
Flower is correct that the turmoil between Gram and Magic made it hardest to overclimb tinfoiling. I mean - as I've noted several times - I didn't help checking out and not solve more.. er, ferociously and proactively.

I abhor this amount of pressure with pot shots being thrown around all willy nilly - it's not something that makes the game enjoyable and part of the reason I simply checked out earlier. But out of respect for my own team, I knew I wanted to go all out as it was the least I could do. I wonder had I played "properly" and not horrendously the dots would connect easier.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
(I can't play properly for the life of me objectively speaking - not self-depreciating, just a factual unfortunate consequence over my play style)

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, I couldn’t really rationalise it either, plus I never really thought he was scum
What did you try to accomplish by telling me to vote you when I was your Top Town read and never gonna do that since I also strongly Town read you? Payback for Hime‘s game when I annoyed you that way or what.

Luka

Polarized Noob
Lol.

Btw Luka likely lied fr. I got confirmation that a jail also stops visits. Idc much as it gave us scum Lethal, but it also explains why he hesitated to vote him.
Oh, real quick on this- I made a mistake with the role. It said the target wasn’t affected by actions so I only assumed it stops effects. I didn’t intentionally lie.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Yeah, you did good, guys

I was also speculating that the kills sounded right up Orca's alley, as it's kind of his bread and butter, but kill spec is often underlooked because it's an abstraction

Ultra

THE BEAR
Oh, real quick on this- I made a mistake with the role. It said the target wasn’t affected by actions so I only assumed it stops effects. I didn’t intentionally lie.

I don't know how many times this was explained to you and it has not stuck, you were just redirected

Back