One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
The SH crew is confirmed as Commanders.

Crocodile and Mihawk and Buggy begging for their life. Mihawk thinks Buggy is supremely pathetic. Crocodile is about to Kill Buggy but Mihawk spares his life. Saying he wants to live a peaceful life.

Buggy owes Crocodile lots of money. In fact all of Buggys services were funded by Crocodile. Crocodile and Daz Bones are the one who got rid of all the Marines attacking Buggy.

Brannew says Mihawk is more skilled than Shanks. Says Mihawk is defacto strongest swordsman in the world.

Buggy's crew members think Crocodile is Buggy's brother.
hm this is kinda really gay

it would have been way funnier for some really weird string of events to happen that made them both indebted to Buggy

kinda letdown by this Yonko Buggy was a great idea, we all know he's a fraud, Buggy's whole thing is he fails upwards, just keep that momentum going

El Hermano

Acclaimed
hm this is kinda really gay

it would have been way funnier for some really weird string of events to happen that made them both indebted to Buggy

kinda letdown by this Yonko Buggy was a great idea, we all know he's a fraud, Buggy's whole thing is he fails upwards, just keep that momentum going
The problem with them being indebted to Buggy for whatever reason would be the fact that they're aware he's a fraud. I could see Mihawk reluctantly paying it back and being a man of honour. In Croc's case, and considering the circumstances? Not likely.

Not that I really like the excuse for Buggy and the actual circumstances.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
i just think its a boring way to handle it
even the him being a yonkou was a mistake rather than a weird series of events like how he got "power" at Marineford

obviously croc and fraudhawk would know he's a fellow fraud I just don't like how oda handled this

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
i just think its a boring way to handle it
even the him being a yonkou was a mistake rather than a weird series of events like how he got "power" at Marineford

obviously croc and fraudhawk would know he's a fellow fraud I just don't like how oda handled this
I think this makes rhe most sense though.

No way Crocodile or Mihawk would join an alliance with Buggy in the first place. And it had to be written this way just for them to be in the same vicinity as Buggy.

Especially with someone like Mihawk who has all this hype and respect. Wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for him to agree to alliance with Buggy. The way it was showed this chapter how he formed it with Crocodile before makes more sense.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Also I think Cross Guild's only role in the story is to put Mihawk back in the story. Because up until now he didn't seem to care about anything.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
actually mihawk's role makes more sense, like him just kinda affably joining for whatever reason works, he was chilling on an island with perona and a bunch of monkeys so him joining buggy is actually more believable. He's kinda just down for whatever

i mainly wish Crocodile's was handled better, or rather in a more fun way

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I disagree about Mihawk. Way back in Skypiea everyone was surprised he joined the meeting because he never does. He only did because he was interested in Zoro and Luffy were the topic of conversation. Along with the missing Warlord spot.

I don't see a contrived scenario where Buggy had something of interest that made Mihawk want to join him. As Mihawk said this chapter. He has no interest in being a Yonkou and just wants to live a peaceful life.

Now Crocodile on the other hand. I think Oda introduced Crocodile that way to show the readers how much clout he has gained preskip. 1.9 billion. Dudes basically a shadow yonkou at this point.

Idk I just see this as the more logical solution for Buggy falling upward. Because what we know of these two, no way they owed Buggy anything.

Never forget 500 animals on a random island are stronger than preskip Luffy.
And at least one of them was stronger than Gear 4 Luffy, with Luffy needing to invent King Kong Gun to beat it.
r5mx0dnQAfawPVEZJ1rI1611721558.jpg

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Never forget 500 animals on a random island are stronger than preskip Luffy.
At least 50 of them were probably Veteran Level making it even more ridiculous

Actually doesn't Iva have 99 guys stronger than Pre timeskip Sanji?

Back