• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Aint Genjutsu basically Mindfuck it feels dumb to disregard given No one piece character has shown resistance to mindfuckery

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
one armed shanks and still fights the likes of kizaru, casually, lmao

shanks and mihawk truly are built different

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
From the movie

"He stops Kizaru from killing innocents like at Marineford. And Kizaru listens.

Shanks and Kizaru do fight, and Shanks is able to keep up and even cut Kizaru while he’s moving as light" :kobeha

toeiland upgrades are on another level

the high tiers and top tiers were ftl, since the ray vs kizaru fight in pre-timeskip, and this movie is part of toeiland so, more upgrades as was expected

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Doesn't genjutsu only work on the 5 senses tho? Unless I'm missing something here it can't do anything to regular CoO.

It's the whole reason why characters needed to look at itachi's feet when fighting him.
Yes. Question is - could they possibly see through the illusion their trapped in and figure it out? It's too bold to assume this type of interaction between two completely different power systems.

But, if in the movie someone manages to break out of Uta's world/shows thr ability to communicate through it via Haki, I see no reason why the same wouldn't apply to shit like Tsukuyomi.

Yes. Question is - could they possibly see through the illusion their trapped in and figure it out? It's too bold to assume this type of interaction between two completely different power systems.

But, if in the movie someone manages to break out of Uta's world/shows thr ability to communicate through it via Haki, I see no reason why the same wouldn't apply to shit like Tsukuyomi.
Ah gotcha. Yea Tsukuyomi is different. Nevermind carry on. :tupac

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
lhrcK95JZNfArJvcg_2up63P-CNBVWIEbunj_9OWtm5OWt2kw7E_jyM6qXbhmbgZFSFe-GK96_7M2mw=s799-nd-v1

Blocky

Illustrious
I have a feeling in 1057. Yamato nor Carrot won't be joining at all in the end or least they're not ready yet.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
I can see Yamato not joining for some reason. Only for Oda to be to c9ntroversial.
Oden's will and practically final wish was opening Wano's borders and subsequently unleashing Pluton. Yamato's DF is pretty much Wano's guardian diety as well. The Straw Hats have more than enough members and Yamato would further make it feel bloated.
Not to mention that he wish to explore the seas and set sail would probably receive an incredibly underwhelming resolution considering the fact that we're already at the end of the story and there's hardly more time for more fun adventures like early on in the story, they've already gone through all the key islands that slowly helped piece the bigger picture, she's missed out on a big chunk of Oden's adventure. It's going to run through the core of the story to the every end from this point onward.

That...and we've already seen Oda struggling to give all the Straw Hats a proper role during the Onigashima raid. We definitely don't need another member, especially someone as powerful as Yamato to take up spotlight from OGs that desperately need their time to shine in a serious battle.

I think lots of people rushed to embed this idea in their heads that "Yamato said she wants to be Oden and set sail like him, meaning she must join the SHs" from the very moment she made her intentions clear. As if character development cannot occur and as if there aren't any other dimensions to Oden's will and story-- as if he didn't come back after knowing what there is to know and died with the hopes of someone freeing Wano in his stead one day.

Last edited:
Back