• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

Proto234

Distinguished
Oden's will and practically final wish was opening Wano's borders and subsequently unleashing Pluton. Yamato's DF is pretty much Wano's guardian diety as well. The Straw Hats have more than enough members and Yamato would further make it feel bloated.
Not to mention that he wish to explore the seas and set sail would probably receive an incredibly underwhelming resolution considering the fact that we're already at the end of the story and there's hardly more time for more fun adventures like early on in the story, they've already gone through all the key islands that slowly helped piece the bigger picture, she's missed out on a big chunk of Oden's adventure. It's going to run through the core of the story to the every end from this point onward.

That...and we've already seen Oda struggling to give all the Straw Hats a proper role during the Onigashima raid. We definitely don't need another member, especially someone as powerful as Yamato to take up spotlight from OGs that desperately need their time to shine in a serious battle.

I think lots of people rushed to embed this idea in their heads that "Yamato said she wants to be Oden and set sail like him, meaning she must join the SHs" from the very moment she made her intentions clear. As if character development cannot occur and as if there aren't any other dimensions to Oden's will and story-- as if he didn't come back after knowing what there is to know and died with the hopes of someone freeing Wano in his stead one day.
They still had Elbaf to visit, but beyond it probably none

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah so in more deph from what in gathering.

luffy is going to comeback and take Kine'mon, Yamato, and Momo to sea with him. Hence the 3 nakama part.

Momo, Kinemon, and Yamato are honorary SHs officially like Vivi

El Hermano

Acclaimed
So, we're not going to see much of her other than potentially the final war or more probable if BB goes there to put his hands on Pluton.

I know this sucks for you because you like Yamato. So I'm not gonna gloat about it out of respect. BUT -- I will say I am going to indulge in seeing Rogerbase bawling, assuming these spoilers are not a prank. Just because of his "HAHA I TOLD YOU I KNOW THE BEST" attitude combined with him jumping the gun solely based on 1056's ending.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
I gave Kizaru's vivre card some thought and noticed that we've probably misinterpreted it:
On both available translations(Artur's and the initial one from Arlongpark or WG[?])they mention only proficient Haki users can "grasp his movements" or "capable of spotting" him.

Obviously, as we've already know, being capable of seeing the future alone doesn't simply make you faster. BUT - the way it seems to be worded in Kizaru's vivre card makes me think that CoO genuinely improves one's ability to perceive speed and as a result improves/allows one to improve their physical reactions. This makes sense because there's probably a very limited number of people capable of reaching a level where they could tango with Kizaru, and they're the very(very :maybe)strongest.

Also, something interesting I noticed:
eyS9ygT.png

Note the way he charges his beam -- it looks like he's absorbing light from his surroundings. And I just noticed how most of the laser beams in the series behave the same way.

I gave Kizaru's vivre card some thought and noticed that we've probably misinterpreted it:
On both available translations(Artur's and the initial one from Arlongpark or WG[?])they mention only proficient Haki users can "grasp his movements" or "capable of spotting" him.

Obviously, as we've already know, being capable of seeing the future alone doesn't simply make you faster. BUT - the way it seems to be worded in Kizaru's vivre card makes me think that CoO genuinely improves one's ability to perceive speed and as a result improves/allows one to improve their physical reactions. This makes sense because there's probably a very limited number of people capable of reaching a level where they could tango with Kizaru, and they're the very(very :maybe)strongest.

Also, something interesting I noticed:
eyS9ygT.png

Note the way he charges his beam -- it looks like he's absorbing light from his surroundings. And I just noticed how most of the laser beams in the series behave the same way.
I thought we already gave up on this databook info since one, chaos already proved the lasers were lightspeed and second, Zoro reacted to light without CoO

El Hermano

Acclaimed
I thought we already gave up on this databook info since one, chaos already proved the lasers were lightspeed and second, Zoro reacted to light without CoO

I'm talking about how it could make sense within the context of the Databook and make case for FTL One Piece even if taking the databook into account. Sorry If I wasn't clear.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Also, just to add a bit to the laser beam thing -- I just noticed that one Kizaru uses his beams they never seem to absorb light from the surroundings except for maybe one instances, albeit, said instance looks like it's on practically tiny scale:
ZZ80ZIE.png

I'm probably overthinking it, but I think that the "light absorption" visible when tech is used to create these beams seems more emphasized for a reason.

Just figured I'll share a few things that came to my mind.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'll update the profiles if someone can add them to the page. I'm thinking we have SHs and major characters separated by preskip and post skip. (LAW AND kidd)

Yamato can go into the SHA and Momo andnKinemon can go there as well. Or have a scabbards Oden thing.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
felt very vindicated when chaos did the dressrosa calcs lol

i remember reading zoro vs pica and then seeing we had him at city level for that thinking aint no damn way

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I like how everyone calls him Ben Beckman. Not Ben, not Beckman, not Big Ben, just full name Ben Beckman.

Back