• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

Great Potato

Preeminent
Looks like X Fake retains his title reign for most disappointing performance in the manga, almost had me fooled that he'd put some actual points on the board before the end.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'm not worried about the fight at all tbh, King vs Zoro, Queen vs Sanji, Supernovas vs Big Mom have all been fire. Oda will give us a good finale regardless. Just worried the simplicity of Luffy's fruit will be messed up
At least it took over a 1000 chapters to reach that point, so if nothing else it will at least feel earned if Luffy's fruit power is dramatically changed, though his awakening.

Him having (if we're being honest) one of the weakest fruits in the series but STILL making it look OP was a cool aspect of his character. But just like Sanji acknowledging that at the power scale they're operating at, they can't afford to look a gift horse in the mouth because they need every advantage they can get, we kind of have to accept that Luffy needs more than just a generic power up at this point.

I mean Luffy needs SOMETHING to help him fight Blackbeard later so. :maybe

El Hermano

Acclaimed
At least it took over a 1000 chapters to reach that point, so if nothing else it will at least feel earned if Luffy's fruit power is dramatically changed, though his awakening.

Him having (if we're being honest) one of the weakest fruits in the series but STILL making it look OP was a cool aspect of his character. But just like Sanji acknowledging that at the power scale they're operating at, they can't afford to look a gift horse in the mouth because they need every advantage they can get, we kind of have to accept that Luffy needs more than just a generic power up at this point.

I mean Luffy needs SOMETHING to help him fight Blackbeard later so. :maybe
I think the same. To me, it feels like Luffy deserves a more significant powerup.

That being said, considering the context of it all, I still believe the elders talked about Zunesha. I'm having a hard time making sense of that statement referring to the Gomu Gomo no mi.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
That's a dead CP0 agent next chapter and I'm wondering how Oda is gonna treat this you could see on Kaidos face he didn't want interference like that

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The chapter was hype for Luffy.

Got dudes so afraid of Luffy now the dude Tekkainas soon as he got near Luffy.

Warlordgab

Illustrious
I think the same. To me, it feels like Luffy deserves a more significant powerup.

That being said, considering the context of it all, I still believe the elders talked about Zunesha. I'm having a hard time making sense of that statement referring to the Gomu Gomo no mi.
In regards to the Gorosei, is it possible they know a about the "Voice of All Things"?

While I'm not fond of theories, I'd ask: is it plausible that one reason to want Luffy dead is because of this ability? After all, they may think the Voice of All Things would allow Luffy to command Zunesha (they're likely unaware of Momo having that ability too)

If that's the case, the Gorosei probably talked about Zunesha instead of Luffy's DF

El Hermano

Acclaimed
In regards to the Gorosei, is it possible they know a about the "Voice of All Things"?

While I'm not fond of theories, I'd ask: is it plausible that one reason to want Luffy dead is because of this ability? After all, they may think the Voice of All Things would allow Luffy to command Zunesha (they're likely unaware of Momo having that ability too)

If that's the case, the Gorosei probably talked about Zunesha instead of Luffy's DF
Exactly. I think they figured Luffy's responsible for Zunesha's awakening or just that he can communicate with him. Or that perhaps Luffy's DF actually has something to do with Zunesha itself. I'm still convinced they talked about Zunesha.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Izo is pretty strong to basically take down two CP0 members.

Bowler Hat was really lucky to hold Luffy in plane. I don't scale any of that to him.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Was that Gendo smirk from one of the numerous times Unit 01 went Berserk? Might be reading too much into that given I’m pretty sure that gif doesn’t get used in similar enough a context

Going to just vaguely guess Kaido rages on the CP0 clown and the chapter ends showing a gravely injured Luffy standing.

Or Oda could just skip that and blue ball the fandom with the remaining ninja fight

Back