• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion Thread Part 3: Road to star level

El Hermano

Acclaimed
qtMxds0.png

Hint from Arab provider. Had to use very advanced techology to translate this image.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I get the feeling something is gonna happen involving him being defeated in the flower capital

basically the people he enslaved getting to witness him go down

if this is really it then im ngl im disappointed

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Also, note how act 3 didn't even end. That whole thing felt anti-climatic, not to mention that Oda explicitly said that he doesn't want it to end the very way last chapter ended, and knows the fans would hate it

I'm having a hard time thinking It's actually over. It doesn't make much sense, IMO.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh it definitely isn't "over", but Kaido has been beaten in the same sense that Big Mon was, they're out of the fight. There's still plenty of shit to deal with though, and the WG still has time to fuck shit up.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Also, note how act 3 didn't even end. That whole thing felt anti-climatic, not to mention that Oda explicitly said that he doesn't want it to end the very way last chapter ended, and knows the fans would hate it

I'm having a hard time thinking It's actually over. It doesn't make much sense, IMO.
yeah was gonna say there's allegedly that quote "fans won't like if Kaido goes down with a strong punch" idk the source though

1044 was one of my favorite op chapters ever, Gear 5 reveal was so fun, but the following chapters haven't quite lived up to me. Hoping this wraps up in an interesting way.

Backstory was also a little lacking. Oda should've used the flashback last chapter for some more Kaido backstory, as it stands Big Mom had way more interesting lore

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Kidd outright admitting Law's attack was stronger and would have killed him.

Kaidou having to take a breather after Law's attacks.

Toei like Oda, is showing there bias fanboyism, and I'm ok with that.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
yeah was gonna say there's allegedly that quote "fans won't like if Kaido goes down with a strong punch" idk the source though

1044 was one of my favorite op chapters ever, Gear 5 reveal was so fun, but the following chapters haven't quite lived up to me. Hoping this wraps up in an interesting way.

Backstory was also a little lacking. Oda should've used the flashback last chapter for some more Kaido backstory, as it stands Big Mom had way more interesting lore
On a re-read, I'm not sure now. It feels more like he acutally beat him now. But it's just...so weird and feels anti-climactic.

@B Rabbit Also, just realized how fucking deep he drilled Kaido into the ground with that punch, holy shit.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
On a re-read, I'm not sure now. It feels more like he acutally beat him now. But it's just...so weird and feels anti-climactic.

@B Rabbit Also, just realized how fucking deep he drilled Kaido into the ground with that punch, holy shit.
yeah if that's the end then oda fumbled the bag honestly. not feeling it

i think there's more to it though, i can see him losing in front of the flower capital being significant like how crocodile was thrown above the people of Alabasta

El Hermano

Acclaimed
yeah if that's the end then oda fumbled the bag honestly. not feeling it

i think there's more to it though, i can see him losing in front of the flower capital being significant like how crocodile was thrown above the people of Alabasta
Yeah, that should definitely be the case here as well. Maybe Kaido's gonna shoot a massive boro blast out of the hole and come back for a short round 2?

And another thing I just notice(thanks to a comment on the chapter):
"How is a person 10 years old 46 years ago, then is 15 years old 44 years ago? Is math done differently in OP?"

Back