• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
There's a theory on Youtube that says that Figarland Garling can be Bonney's real father based on this:

R.a9784fb1c1b045195fc26b5664a44483

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

@OtherGalaxy dupe account made this thread.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Garp because he keeps beings Marine despite knowing Celestial Dragons are slavemasters
Because he still wants to bring Pirates to justice, doesn't mean he has to like the people he works for, especially when he can't realistically do anything about it without bringing the full might of the World Government down on his head.

Like these people do remember what exactly happened when Luffy decided to punch a Celestial Dragon in the face right? It didn't exactly end well for most involved.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I think people forget that the OP world will change because of Luffy. Luffy won't change for the OP world.

So Luffy does what he wants when he wants. Because he's the embodiment of freedom the OP world needs.

Many agenda warriors treat this as a powerless thing when it's not.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Dragon is written as an intelligent leader who actually plans things through and doesn't just wage wars haphazardly because he's aware of his responsibilities and the consequences of doing so, and the OP fandom doesn't know how to process that because they're so accustomed to Luffy just throwing himself into battles haphazardly and things just working out for him because plot-armor.

I do wish Oda would have done more to add hype around his fighting power though. When it comes to Garp, Oda has done a lot to constantly emphasize his power and keep his name shining. He's always getting revered as hero of the Marines with guys like Whitebeard, Roger, and Big Mom putting respect on his name, we see him involved in key instances like the God Valley war, and we get those flashbacks where he caves in Chinjao's skull and pulverized mountains as a warm-up.

We don't really get any of that from Dragon. There was that moment where everyone in Marineford was shocked upon finding out Luffy was Dragon's son, but generally none of the top-tiers seem to acknowledge his existence outside of Akainu and the most he has in terms of combat showings is blowing away Smoker at his weakest.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Dragon is written as an intelligent leader who actually plans things through and doesn't just wage wars haphazardly because he's aware of his responsibilities and the consequences of doing so, and the OP fandom doesn't know how to process that because they're so accustomed to Luffy just throwing himself into battles haphazardly and things just working out for him because plot-armor.

I do wish Oda would have done more to add hype around his fighting power though. When it comes to Garp, Oda has done a lot to constantly emphasize his power and keep his name shining. He's always getting revered as hero of the Marines with guys like Whitebeard, Roger, and Big Mom putting respect on his name, we see him involved in key instances like the God Valley war, and we get those flashbacks where he caves in Chinjao's skull and pulverized mountains as a warm-up.

We don't really get any of that from Dragon. There was that moment where everyone in Marineford was shocked upon finding out Luffy was Dragon's son, but generally none of the top-tiers seem to acknowledge his existence outside of Akainu and the most he has in terms of combat showings is blowing away Smoker at his weakest.
In fairness, I think this is a combination of the fact that Garp is actively involved in the story a lot more often and Oda wanting Dragon to be a bit more mysterious.

Though granted Shanks is also meant to be something of an enigma and yet his power has been constantly emphasized as well so...eh. :maybe

Honestly Garp, Dragon and Luffy have similar questionable moments in their lives that make shit more interesting.

>Luffy breaking out the entire Impel Down prisoners
>Garp inadvertently serving the broken WG system
>Dragon not mobalizing his crew to save his friends like Garp and Luffy do

These things have some obvious inadvertent consequences of affecting the One Piece world negatively at times. But you understand why they make those choices and normal people don’t blame them too much.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The fact that the status quo has to be maintained untill Luffy shows up hurts the Worldbuilding in general
I don't agree with this.

The status quo was being maintained to keep balance in the sea. Many people have tried to break it but failed. Luffy is the only to break it makes logical sense story wise.

Back