One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Imagine if Saturn is revealed to be Yonko level after all of this

"Goda" types will spend essays trying to justify it

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Fryf4MUXwAAMoF5
FrwnW1EWIA0rdNf

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Why would they need to? Why would it be bad writing? The Gorosei were left ambiguous for a reason.
Within the context of One Piece power system

5 Yonko level guys would mean that even if all the yonkos allied they would get fucked up by Gorosei+Admirals+everyone else

Making the Balance of power pointless

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Within the context of One Piece power system

5 Yonko level guys would mean that even if all the yonkos allied they would get fucked up by Gorosei+Admirals+everyone else

Making the Balance of power pointless
To be fair Im already exists and can supposedly nuke islands, so the balance of power likely never existed from the start.

But Im pretty much exists to throw a wrench into everything we think we know about the series so that's also not a fair comparison to make :mjlol

To be fair Im already exists and can supposedly nuke islands, so the balance of power likely never existed from the start.

But Im pretty much exists to throw a wrench into everything we think we know about the series so that's also not a fair comparison to make :mjlol
It doesn't make sense why Im just didn't nuke wano or Ohara if they mattered that much. :lolwat

The balance of power never made sense as if all the marines got together (excluding im) and all the pirates got together the pirates would literally neg diff them as there's too many players on the pirates side.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The balance was maintained because the Emperors were all against each other as much as the WG. Two or more Emperors teaming up would crush the WG.

Great Potato

Preeminent
And Kid being defeated to the first on-panel named, serious attack of the most enigmatic character everyone's been waiting for over two decades to see fighting is quite the fucking honor, in a way.

No, it's absolutely not an honor for Kid to be trashed like this. Not a single person thinks that Kid came out of this exchange looking good, spoiler thread on OL ran 420+ pages of people dunking on Kid because of how garbage Oda made his performance here. He even went out of his way to call Shanks allied fleet a bunch of trash fodder so that Kid couldn't even look cool for taking them out before being trashed.

It also really puts me off Shanks as a character, because this is just a trend of Oda wanking him at the expense of other characters. Shanks shows up on Marineford and has Akainu in cold sweats, he shows up during Wano and instantly destroys the prestige of newly introduced Aramaki by making him look like a pussy cowering in Shanks presence, he gets his own movie where he has Fujitora and Kizaru looking like clowns, and now not only obliterates all of the 15 years of build-up around Kid but makes his other Yonko who were having trouble with these guys on Wano look garbage by extension.

Killer can take a Fulgora from Big Mom and shake it off no sweat, but now he's instantly defeated from standing near Kid when he took that attack? When Oda writes Blackbeard we know he's going be a dominant threat and there's tension behind his moves because of that, but he never does so by making the other characters look garbage in comparison. Blackbeard is billed as the main threat among pirates in the franchise, but Oda made sure that Ace, Hancock, and Law all still looked great in their confrontation against him, where Gary Stu Shanks is always killing hype of other characters by Oda having them look weak in his presence with only Whitebeard making it out okay. Oda gave Vista more respect against Mihawk than Kid against Shanks.

The whole "Oda probably had plans but changed his mind" doesn't feel like a good justification for wasting all of the investment he built up for a character, because all this tells me is that we can't have faith investing in the cast of characters Oda has built up because there's no longer expectation he'll pay it off in a meaningful way. Smoker got left in the dust straight into the post-skip, X Drake was a joke, and now even Kid who Oda spent a long time highlighting as a big deal of the Worst Gen was just discarded like nothing. Why should I as a reader now have expectations for anticipated characters like Crocodile, Urouge, Coby, Kuzan, etc. to be written with a satisfying payoff? Even the Strawhats I don't have faith Oda is doing anything noteworthy with, so far Franky hasn't been more than an afterthought in the arc where people thought he would be his most prominent, and Usopp who once upon a time had several great moments has been starving for attention all-time skip only to be embarrassed at every turn.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The balance was maintained because the Emperors were all against each other as much as the WG. Two or more Emperors teaming up would crush the WG.
Nah I don't think so.

It took large amounts of plot for the Marines not to stomp Whitebeard pirates. So really it depends on the two Yonkou.

Nah I don't think so.

It took large amounts of plot for the Marines not to stomp Whitebeard pirates. So really it depends on the two Yonkou.
You gotta admit, there was a lot of plot for the Marines side for all those fodder to land attacks on WB in the first place and BB finishing him off.

Oda just likes to pretend the numbers game means something.

Two fresh Yonko I don't see the Marines doing shit. Shanks himself came and noone wanted to fuck with him.

As for this chapter you were right. That was a pretty high end attack from Shanks. So Kaido is still > Shanks imo.

There is also guys sending death threats to leakers and spoiler providers over this.

I didn't know Kidd fans back him that hard bro.
How is it one of Shanks strongest moves if it has no Acoc, no indication of black lightning.

He got hit with an attack that Roger used on Oden as hello and Oden got right back up :why
It’s Divine Diparture. It’s Rodger’s move. That’s the same move that bitched Oden. That’s definitely AdvCoC

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean to be fair.

Shanks went all out from the begining. So Kidd made Shanks get serious. Cause it seems like Shanks didn't really want to do that to him.

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
Kaido listing Shanks as one of the few capable of fighting him already implied this. The argument that BM wasn't shown among those shadows because she had already fought Kaido in the arc so it wasn't necessary always seemed like cope to me

Back