• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I mean, given how you see some of Kidd's crew fainting as collateral its probably a AdCoC attack and Kidd, unlike Luffy, doesn't really have a defense against that yet either.

Honestly, it speaks something of Kidd that he wasn't cleaved in half too. He's clearly far more durable than his constructs.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Kaido listing Shanks as one of the few capable of fighting him already implied this. The argument that BM wasn't shown among those shadows because she had already fought Kaido in the arc so it wasn't necessary always seemed like cope to me
Nah, thats the overexaggeration take on it.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean, given how you see some of Kidd's crew fainting as collateral its probably a AdCoC attack and Kidd, unlike Luffy, doesn't really have a defense against that yet either.

Honestly, it speaks something of Kidd that he wasn't cleaved in half too. He's clearly far more durable than his constructs.
This right here, this wasn't a casual Shanks at this point. This Shanks came in to down Kidd because he knew Kidd was going to wipe out his fleet.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
oh wow
now that ive read the chapter it's even worse :kobeha
Nah, it's not really that bad from the lens of this hobby

From a writing stand point its awful, but as far as being a feat is concerned Kidd's got nothing to worry about.
This right here, this wasn't a casual Shanks at this point. This Shanks came in to down Kidd because he knew Kidd was going to wipe out his fleet.
My question now is

Can Killer swim? Because I just don't see Kidd being dead when Oda is allergic to killing anyone off outside of a flashback that's not named Ace or Whitebeard

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
@ChaosTheory123 oh im talking about writing standpoint

featwise Kidd being one shot by a serious Shanks is...about what I would expect really
Wano made it clear the new gen aren't quite on the level of the old yet

@GoldenHeart tcbscans usually the first to have it translated before officials get in

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Nah, it's not really that bad from the lens of this hobby

From a writing stand point its awful, but as far as being a feat is concerned Kidd's got nothing to worry about.

My question now is

Can Killer swim? Because I just don't see Kidd being dead when Oda is allergic to killing anyone off outside of a flashback that's not named Ace or Whitebeard
Idk if Smile Fruit users can swim.

But I think someone said Kidd had a fishman on his crew.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This doesn't change anything for me powerscale or hobby wise.

But it does make me question where I might rank Shanks.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
^oh im talking about writing standpoint

featwise Kidd being one shot by a serious Shanks is...about what I would expect really
Feels disingenuous to call it a "one shot" in the context we think of one. Gotta assess it in the context of how intact he was after the fact.
Wano made it clear the new gen aren't quite on the level of the old yet
Bajrang Gun legit overpowered Kaido's strongest move. Luffy did most of the work to soften Kaido up, Zoro scoring a shallow, but permanent, cut/scar on his chest is hardly much to crow about. If anyone wants to treat the Scabbards efforts as substantial, that's quite a disconnect when Zoro still accomplished more with Ashura.

Luffy, at least with what we currently know, is definitely knocking at the door.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Luffy is a top tier.

Kidd is/was borderlining approaching it.

Law has already shown to be stronger since Wano so the Jury's still out on him.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Feels disingenuous to call it a "one shot" in the context we think of one. Gotta assess it in the context of how intact he was after the fact.
Bro is definitely out for the count after a single hit so idk what else to call it. It's a serious attack sure on Shanks' part, but it did only take him one strike.
Bajrang Gun legit overpowered Kaido's strongest move. Luffy did most of the work to soften Kaido up, Zoro scoring a shallow, but permanent, cut/scar on his chest is hardly much to crow about. If anyone wants to treat the Scabbards efforts as substantial, that's quite a disconnect when Zoro still accomplished more with Ashura.

Luffy, at least with what we currently know, is definitely knocking at the door.
Narrative/feat dissonance I guess. No arguments re: Bajrang Gun, but there's the whole thing about Luffy getting KO'd twice before he gets a chance to do serious damage to Kaido. "The constant fights wearing Kaido down" hence his hold on the island starting to slip. I don't want to get into author intent territory bc I think that's basically impossible to argue in any context, but we're basically told Kaido was being worn down over the period fighting everyone, Yamato, Law, Zoro, Kidd etc. Prior to Bajrang, Zoro's desperation attack and Law's Injection Shot are the only things I recall actually doing any real damage to Kaido, and the latter is iirc because of spacial hax

Though I don't disagree with the Luffy knocking at the door sentiment, I think Bajrang Gun made it impossible to argue he isn't nearly there. It's Kidd and Law that are lagging.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Also I think we need to rebook at the Big Mom fight.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse. But we tried to say their portrayel was equal during the fight but clearly....idk but it's starting to look less and less that they were equals.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
who the hell thought they looked like equals :rock

that was always one of my minor complaints about that otherwise good fight, Law was hard carrying there

granted Kidd was being fucked up by Hawkins too, but when he used Punk Corna Dio and Big Mom comments specifically that Law broke her bones and was dangerous …

hard to argue who did the heavy lifting imo

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Bro is definitely out for the count after a single hit so idk what else to call it.
Think of it in relative terms, because his body wouldn't be intact if he wasn't approaching a level capable of hanging with what Shanks was dishing out.

Not so much as a fracture or internal organ failure, he's in spitting distance of having a puncher's chance kind of bullshit here.
Narrative/feat dissonance I guess. No arguments re: Bajrang Gun, but there's the whole thing about Luffy getting KO'd twice before he gets a chance to do serious damage to Kaido.
Like Luffy taunts, his attacks are hurting Kaido from the jump on the roof. There'd be no purpose avoiding them if they hadn't.
"The constant fights wearing Kaido down" hence his hold on the island starting to slip.
That's stamina, not how hard he can take a hit or hit someone. Exhausting one "muscle" does not exhaust them all.

Even then, that's hardly related to his well of Haki or to the power of his final attack.
Prior to Bajrang, Zoro's desperation attack and Law's Injection Shot are the only things I recall actually doing any real damage to Kaido, and the latter is iirc because of spacial hax
If you're talking "draw blood" no shit because both are from lower surface area type attacks and Law's is also an invasive attack that goes after Kaido's "relatively" (relative as we know from Shock Wille that the internals of an Emperor are bullshit) squishier bits too.

If you're talking "can cause pain"? No, Luffy was again doing that much work even before AdCoC.
Though I don't disagree with the Luffy knocking at the door sentiment, I think Bajrang Gun made it impossible to argue he isn't nearly there. It's Kidd and Law that are lagging.
Wouldn't say Law is lagging when his Shocke Wille had Big Mom begging him not to use it due to sheer pain it caused. Also the whole they fucked her up enough to horribly break her arm.

Back