• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Piece Tier/Feat/Canon/Toei Discussion thread: Toon Level feats only please.

Who is the strongest person in OP now?

• Total voters

El Hermano

Acclaimed
Yeah obviously.

But supporting a franchise you supported for almost 2 decades and that above are completely different sides of the spectrum
Obviously that was a gross exaggeration :maybe

Point being that I'm not going to support what is essentially Hollywood shitting on a franchise I love. It looks more loyal than most other adaptations, I'll give it that, but it still looks pretty bad and not necessarily only because they've done a bad job but rather it being something that simply shouldn't exist.

If you think this looks fine or somehow even good, then by all means enjoy it. I can't bring myself to genuinely support it nor would I want to if it doesn't do justice to a franchise I adore.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Buggy is supposed to be kind of Handsomeish inspite of his nose and flamboyance, not look like Leto's Joker.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
I mean I don't want a copy and paste from the manga/anime just a decent take on the story we like I personally thought it was a good trailer hoping they give me a call to play Magellan

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
two things bugged me about the trailer, the main one was just how orange everything looks. Most OP arcs to me look extremely bright and colorful, not too much monochrome

the other is Luffy’s lines don’t feel like “him”
Luffy is a kind of delusional guy, vaguely aware of how other people live, the crew tension line felt like a mcu-ism creeping into the show. It’s just one line, not enough to judge by, but this is our only trailer so…

I’m ok with a little jank and hope it’ll be fun, but that’s my initial impression

I mean I don't want a copy and paste from the manga/anime just a decent take on the story we like I personally thought it was a good trailer hoping they give me a call to play Magellan
Nah. They immediately took off stuff like Sanji’s eyebrows and Ussop’s nose. It’s definitely not gonna be a copy and paste

I wont work if it is a copy and paste. Half the humor only truly works in a cartoonish art form. They’re gonna need to pull a Edgar Write (Director of Scott Pilgrim) just to pull off the tamer aspects of One Piece

Great Potato

Preeminent
I'm okay with Usopp not having his nose because his character is supposed to be human anyways.

I just hope they found a way to translate Arlong's nose/teeth, Chu's lips, Kuroobi's arms, and Hatchan's extra limbs, etc. since these unusual features are what define them as fishmen. That they don't just do the bare minimum and settle for normal looking blokes with different colored skin like most sci-fi shows. Buggy keeping his nose raises the chances that they'll also stay faithful to Arlong.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Kuro and Krieg should be the easiest villains to adapt. Fast guy with Freddy Krueger claws and dude in a suit of armor with a bunch of guns and assorted weapons, they and their crew are the most grounded we get.

Arlong is going to be the test on how well they can handle some of the more crazy designs and Buggy how well they can handle some of the more crazy abilities. Though Luffy himself is already one of the more difficult powers to translate well.

Great Potato

Preeminent
Watched the Kid & Law vs Big Mom episode. Anime really went and had Kid just stand there and face tank about 50 raw hits from Misery, lol. Also added a pretty cool segment of Law nonstop teleporting around the room peppering her with hits followed by Kid hammering her with his own volley of attacks. Very fluid animation on this all around without falling into the DBZ territory, light effects made sense this time because of fighting living elementals and Damned Punk actually being portrayed as a laser beam in the manga.

Watched the Kid & Law vs Big Mom episode. Anime really went and had Kid just stand there and face tank about 50 raw hits from Misery, lol. Also added a pretty cool segment of Law nonstop teleporting around the room peppering her with hits followed by Kid hammering her with his own volley of attacks. Very fluid animation on this all around without falling into the DBZ territory, light effects made sense this time because of fighting living elementals and Damned Punk actually being portrayed as a laser beam in the manga.
It's funny to think about that all the DBZ auras is because they decided to portray Haki, mostly ACOC, that way but because Law and Kid don't really, if ever, use that their fights look fine.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The anime is doing a g9od job on these fights. Makes you excited for Gear 5.

Also an American produce and wrote this episode I believe.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Damned Punk isn't a Laser Beam tho.

It's a piece of Metal being shot by Electromagnetic energy.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
The anime is doing a g9od job on these fights. Makes you excited for Gear 5.

Also an American produce and wrote this episode I believe.

/フフ         ム`ヽ
/ ノ)
/ |  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ノ⌒(ゝ._,ノ
/ ノ⌒7⌒ヽーく  \ /
丶_ ノ 。   ノ、 。|/
   `ヽ `ー-'_人`ーノ
    丶  ̄ _人'彡ノ

pictured: oda internally flexing on kimetsu bots, with the actual good toei animation budget 🤷‍♂️

Back