• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

One Punch Man Tier, Feats, and Discussion

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
My gut also says Planet level, however I think it would be better to try to get a calc done on that singularity and that gamma ray burst.
Someone over on SB calced it at being 1.2 x 10 ^ 28 joules (2.86 exatons of tnt) per second

That’s below Earth busting, but it would certainly scatter it in like 20 minutes

Last edited:

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Just going off what's posted the mechanic is the same but the overall damage would be lesser than the actual thing

call me when this fight's finished and I might care about catching up on OPM

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i say it is maybe planet level

just to spite murata, and retcon for the 455th time the chap and make garou reach solar system levels, and still get flexed by base brat gt kakarot, dan dan :mjlol

Well the VS Community might be in for a shitstorm...

Ok, sooooo chapter 165....

So Cosmic Garou is described as having gained knowledge of the "flow of all energy" and "behavior of all forces in the universe".
LzrXIZ7.png

zwe0hbs.png

And thus he can copy any of those forces which he demonstrates by...

Copying Nuclear Fission with a punch:
rUbWBFJ.png
MHR6Nzk.png
sZEebLU.png

The explosion/s generated from the technique are registered by a nearby ship as an actual nuclear attack...
g1PWKSn.png

And to top it off the end results of the explosions are mushroom clouds that are typical of nuclear explosion
w7s9D21.png
1hu5uPG.png

He then copies Saitama's consecutive normal punches and seemingly clashes with the real deal evenly:
APYpBSx.png
GglgSM7.png
reSaLX1.png
ZPNqbfn.png
wKVNjKs.png

And lands a punch on Saitama at the same time Saitama lands a punch on him
maUHYaQ.png

And finally...

He copies a Gamma Ray Burst
P5foHUN.png
8RnBQCM.png

And we get a detailed explanation of what a Gamma Ray Burst as the attack hits Saitama
CelNYgg.png

So how literally do we want to take all of this? Even though the nuclear fission attack should definitely be legit I'm a little bit iffy about saying Cosmic Garou's Gamma Ray Burst has the equivalent force to an IRL Gamma Ray Burst since it's much smaller in size and it doesn't destroy the earth just by being fired off in as close proximity to the Earth as it is . If this is considered legit though it is massively above any feat performed thus far and would raise the standing of the verse as a whole by a fuckton.

So do you guys think a healthy level of skepticism is warranted? Or is there enough evidence to just take things as face value? I'd understand either way. I just don't want to take an upgrade this big lightly.

I'd rather wait till we get actual confirmation because that can literally mean anything.
And we don't go by statements alone, we need actual confirmation in the series itself or an actual equivalence. So I will go Planetary at max and just barely at that. Otherwise I would say it's less than that as it's not proven otherwise.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
the downgrade in quality is what makes one mid man now so bad, not to mention, the stans, even worse than before

if only murata could retcon such bad author skillz, what's the point in having amazing art skills if you can ruin a series with such an unexpected bad writing, so fast? lmao

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
the downgrade in quality is what makes one mid man now so bad, not to mention, the stans, even worse than before

if only murata could retcon such bad author skillz, what's the point in having amazing art skills if you can ruin a series with such an unexpected bad writing, so fast? lmao
Yeah, Murata clearly doesn't have a solid plan considering he keeps fucking retconning shit with his redraws:dank

It's almost a crutch at this point. If he can't make up his mind for what direction he wants the story or certain characters to go, he should've just taken a small hiatus and consulted with ONE to get his shit in order rather than fucking with things retroactively over and over.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
as i said before

this feels like a final battle, all featsz blazing and all, and it doesn't need to have a next arc

if murata wants the series to break limits and all, and reach whatever pl he wants the series to reach, cuz it's his series now

it's now

the time for it

it doesn't need a next arc

let the next arcs for the webcomic version

E

Example

Unconfirmed
Dunno if a calc is actually warranted just for that Gamma Ray Burst feat (probably since if the diameter of the actual beam itself is around 20 meters it might yield some disappointing results since the diameter of an actual gamma ray burst is like what, tens of thousands of km?), but it is likely that the gamma ray feat probably isn't going to be higher than the potential result of two Serious Punches colliding with each other.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Well, we got Saitama turning the surface of Jupiter’s moon into debris.

And him knocking Garou into said debris so fast it left light trails all around the moon.

No idea how that stacks up to the Platinum Sperm fight’s FTL speed feat, but it’s definitely covering a larger area.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Lmao.

Saitama power level wank in the most recent chapter. Apparently his power grows exponentially after experiencing strong emotions. Outpacing Garou’s ability to copy him.

His sneeze demolished what was left of Jupiter’s moon and Jupiter itself.

He farted all the way back to Earth from Jupiter (or into Garou’s portal leading to Earth more likely).

And he copies Garou’s new ultimate secret technique. Which is… FUCKING TIME TRAVEL.

So those last two chapters? They might as well not have happened. Future Saitama fuses with Past Saitama and doesn’t remember any of the shit that happened making it even more pointless.

Oh. And just as a little aside here’s what Saitama says as he’s time traveling backwards
GtnOcZk_d.webp

Literally gave me flashbacks to “coolest guy Obito” and the “you were awesome” Kengan Omega meme :russ

Blocky

Illustrious
I guess it could be an retcon after everything but least do know Saitama can still reach that power if he fights someone who can fight him seriously and making him mad. Since time has changed. What do we even view the void in space as of now?

ZenithXAbyss

Illustrious
I guess it could be an retcon after everything but least do know Saitama can still reach that power if he fights someone who can fight him seriously and making him mad. Since time has changed. What do we even view the void in space as of now?
It's definitely not star level considering garou was shitting his pants with saitama blowing a bit of jupiters gas with a sneeze after a direct wog of saitama surpassing garou.

Back