Prince of Persia Discussion thread. (Upgrades incoming)

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Ok, so to preface this .

I've been going through PoP again as its one of my personal favorite series. It is to my shame to report though...that after all of those years i found out something completely new about the series i thought i knew so well.

What is that , you might ask ?

Well, dear reader , that has to do with the Forgotten Sands mini series in the Sands of Time series. What do i mean by miniseries ? Exactly what it sounds like.

Turns out that there is not one FS game (the PC/Xbox/PS 3 ) version that most people are familiar with..but actually 4 completely different games with completely different stories .

There's a PSP version which is completely original, a DS version that is completely original and a Wii version that's completely original.

What i've been doing for the last couple of weeks is to go through these games and it turns out there's some impressive shit in them.

In this thread i'll try to bring those things to light but also to bring up some shit from the other games, things might have been overlooked.

@Adamant soul @Blade , you niggas were fans of PoP as i remember, so i think you'll like this.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Oh, I have the POP reboot and POP sands of time for the ps3. I haven't finished POP though, I've kinda lost interest in it.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
First of all , i'll start with the original SoT trilogy as i found this for the prince :

From the Warrior Within manual :
VVUqZHI.jpg

Pretty self explanatory .

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Next, let's take a look at Kaileena .

Two instances in which she is slain.

First one being in TWW

Second being in T2T.

Sand fuckery that results after her death shakes the whole palace and it starts to crumble :

The blast from TWW and the cloud fuckery in T2T might bring some results. And also should obviously scale to the Prince, Dahaka and Zurvan which all are above her.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Ok, now let's take a look at the PC/Ps3 ..etc version of the Forgotten Sands.

Two things here.

The army of the King Solomon that Malik released is noted by Razia to be able to eventually cover the entire world if it is not stopped :

Second is Ratash.

Now , we know that he should be around building lvl in his small forms from his casual energy blasts and large building levels from his giant form by virtue of size alone.

But there's another thing.

As his power over Malik grows , he creates a sandstorm that eventually envelops Solomon's Kingdom :

First time the storm is seen :

During the last fight , the storm gets powerful enough that it starts destroying buildings :

If you watch till the end you can see it covering the whole city .

The storms dissapears immediately after the prince kills him , so it's obvious that Ratash was the one who created it.

As for scale, this is the best picture i could find of Solomon's kingdom .

As2oUvs.jpg

Hope someone who can calc would be able to get something out of this.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
dastan :maybe in the ps3 game, can neutralize large building level monsters, with style

not to mention, thunderstorm tier feats and all, have always been resulted to at least town+ levels, so, there you go

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
quality wise

warrior within for ps2, is still the best one

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Next up, i'll take a look at shit from the Psp version of the forgotten sands.

First thing, some lore :
- Gods are a thing in PoP
- World is flat
- A God created the concept of time which brought death and then he took himself out of the census to create the spirits of time (which help the Prince in the game) and also to create the fortress which maintains time on the planet.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Now, using the help of those spirits of time , the Prince has access to some time related abilities which can be used whenever without needing the Dagger, Medalion or any sands to activate them.

- Freezing time on the environment or enemies,
Freezing sand in time so that it becomes a solid block :

Freezing enemies in time :

Also he can speed up time on the environment and on enemies .
Speeding sand up for environmental puzzles :

Speeding up enemies :

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Time to take a look at the Wii version of FS.

So in this game, the Prince hangs out with a genie, which i dunno if they;re the same as a Djin like Razia or Ratash or another thing entirely.

Anyway, they form a magical bond which allows the Prince to become kinda immortal .It's limited to his "life bars" but still.

Basically, the try again function is taken into account by the lore.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Now, some lore.

Game takes place in the city /country of Izdihar.

Izdihar is the stereotypical super city that is hidden from the rest of the world. Gods created it and the Djinn/Genies resided there once.

Everything was a ok until the Fire Nation attacked, which in this case brings us to the main antagonist of the game.

The Haoma.

What is a a Haoma you ask ? Basically,it's a giant magical fern on steroids that fucked up the whole kingdom.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
So aside from being big enough to wrap itself around the whole city ...what are the Haoma abilities ?

First, it basically turn everyone in the city that didn't get killed into monsters , similar to what the Sands do to normal people.
Meet the Witch, which is like the main puppet of the Haoma :

She was the princess of Izdrahar.
The Haoma can repeatedly revive her after she's struck down by the Prince.

Second, it can animate inanimate objects like statues :

It can creep into other dimensions :

Now, the most impressive shit is that The Witch, whilst using the Haoma's power , can create a huge ass sandstorm that envelops the kingdom similar to Ratash.

Except this time, the storm is powerful enough to sink the entire kingdom into the sand .

And for context, this virtually makes it a game where the Prince flat out fails as the Kingdom gets destroyed and he has to get the fuck out of there.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Ok, so , if the giant Ferm is so impressive an enemy, how did the Prince deal with it ? (Well, he didn't really , but he did his best)
The answer is a sword made by the gods.

The sword is what basically sealed the Haoma before the events of the game.

Sword got broken in the game and it specifically needs the power of the gods to be reforged

Now, some God lore.

The ones who forged the swords were:

The Earth Godess : Zam Armatay , who provided the raw material.

The Water God, Tistria , who enhanced it with magic

And the Moon God, Maah, who made it shiny ? I guess ?
Interesting thing about Maah, is that he has his own dimmension , which it seems to come with its own Stars and Constelations.

It also specifically lacks the concept of time
https://youtu.be/muHQeLns7B4?t=847

Now, you know how contested dimension feats with their own Sun/Stars and shit are so i'm not gonna say anything about that. It is what it is.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
That's kinda of it.

Building level PoP my Ass.

Feel free to analyze and discuss this shit if you want and if not, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Back