Professor X vs Gorilla Grodd

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Charles pelts him in the face with a banana.
Who wins?

Professor-Xavier-Marvel-Comics-professor-charles-francis-xavier-19664772-322-504.jpg
what-are-your-thoughts-on-gorilla-grodd-v0-jrwbid2ulnza1.jpg

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
If it’s a pure psychic battle then Professor X

If it’s that plus them fighting then it’s literally a gorilla fighting a cripple Professer X is finished
Can Grodd simultaneously do physical battle while in a mental battle to begin with? I feel like if his mind is preoccupied trying to fend off a superior psychic he wouldn’t have the room to leave some mental energy to controlling his body.

Can Grodd simultaneously do physical battle while in a mental battle to begin with? I feel like if his mind is preoccupied trying to fend off a superior psychic he wouldn’t have the room to leave some mental energy to controlling his body.
I mean the dude can snatch Wally West at times fam

all it takes is a hit and Xavier is done for, even with generic psychic protection.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
I mean the dude can snatch Wally West at times fam
That's not really my point. I am not denying Grodd is physically stronger and faster.
all it takes is a hit and Xavier is done for, even with generic psychic protection.
What i'm asking for is a feat where Grodd is doing psychic battle with another formidable psychic and is still able to physically attack at the same time.

Cause the way I see it. His hands would be so full dealing with Xavier's mental assault, if he tried to fight physically on top of that it would give Charles an opening to overwhelm his mind completely.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
with another formidable psychic? I’m not sure. He has however used both TK and Telepathy simultaneously to attack people. So he can fight people simultaneously in both planes
Why I ask is that Xavier's mental reactions are far, FAR above his physical reactions

So even with Grodd tagging the Flash and stuff, I still think the time it would take for him to reach Xavier wouldn't be as fast as him getting overwhelmed from trying to multi-task and not having as much energy going into the mental battle as a result.

Why I ask is that Xavier's mental reactions are far, FAR above his physical reactions

So even with Grodd tagging the Flash and stuff, I still think the time it would take for him to reach Xavier wouldn't be as fast as him getting overwhelmed from trying to multi-task and not having as much energy going into the mental battle as a result.

True. But even in your scans Xavier literally had to ambush Jean unaware when she was already getting calmed down, and even then he notes that Jean herself fought against herself to give Charles the win.

Charles is > Grodd imo but it’s not like he hasn’t fought Martian Manhunter in psychic fights too.

I guess it really just depends on who can tag each other first. For me Grodd is a safer bet because while he’s not as good as Xavier he’s still significantly powerful and physically superior

Last edited:

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
True. But even in your scans Xavier literally had to ambush Jean unaware when she was already getting calmed down, and even then he notes that Jean herself fought against herself to give Charles the win.

Charles is > Grodd imo but it’s not like he hasn’t fought Martian Manhunter in psychic fights too.

I guess it really just depends on who can tag each other first. For me Grodd is a safer bet because while he’s not as good as Xavier he’s still significantly powerful and physically superior
Is MM on par or stronger then Xavier? I know he is one of the most powerful psychics in DC but I don't know how he and Charles compare. Did Grodd fight on par with MM or was he clearly outmatched and inferior?

Back