Relationship Advice Thread

colours

yung plague
Art Section
when i see someone use the word waifu unironically my eyes turn red and i lose consciousness for 1-3 hours. the courts have ruled that i am not legally responsible for any of my actions during that span of time
Hollered into the skies

Dragon D. Luffy

Illustrious
tMQII9K.png

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
✨Hey Little Sister what have you done ~
✨Hey Little Sister who's the Only One?~

E

Example

Unconfirmed
This place probably better off bringing in people that sh1tpost on Youtube and TikTok vids just to get activity up.

They might not contribute anything substantial, but more activity here on the forums overall is going to be good for this place.

It's probably the reason why DDJ is still sticking around in that relationship thread because hey, at least when he makes a reply, people tend to respond to his replies every couple hours or so.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
i explain the intricacies of viking history and culture to them and if they're still interested after an hour of me talking about it they're a keeper

works 95% of 50% of the time

Reactions: Ral

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i got a new gf by being naturally cute, funny, interesting, and nice :)

Wow, I'm actually going to use this thread in a serious capacity now

Alright, so an old friend of mine is trying to set me up with a girl who attends and volunteers at his church.

And while I have absolutely no interest in seeking out a romantic partner at the moment, I don’t hate the idea because it might be fun to give it a shot, at least

Here's the problem: the church he goes to... I've been there once and it's fucking weird

Like some evangelical, can communicate directly with God type stuff.

I don't even believe in god, so being seriously involved with someone like that would be a bit more than I can handle, and certainly something I do not want to do.

The obvious thing to do now would be to tell him I have no interest in that, and to stop trying to get us together, while being very careful not to mention that his and her religious beliefs are really strange and a deal breaker.

Knowing him, though, there's a very good chance he'll try to get the reason out of me, and I don't want to accidentally be too honest (i am known to do this under pressure) because I would like to keep him as a friend.

Especially considering he is the only good friend irl that I still have. I can't afford to burn anymore bridges.

Any ideas on how I should approach this?
Like in terms of either

A. Reducing any issues he might have with my initial explanation that would prompt questions,
or
B. Phrasing the truth as delicately as possible as to not upset him, or at least not upset him very much.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
No need to mention the religious beliefs, bullshitting so you don't offend people is a networking skill you are probably gonna need to learn sooner or later.

My suggestion

1. Say you are focusing on yourself Nowadays and aren't looking for anything serious .

2. Say you have a LDR girlfriend

Given that you live in Texas and how you describe him, he is probably concerned about you and thinks she will "shape you up". It's probably best to be gentle about it.

Back