New Feature Rep is officially here!

Use this tag to present new features.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, yes, rep... no not that other confusing system you're use to elsewhere; I'm talking about the classic Vbulletin rep! It's here, and you can start spreading all the reps you want! Actually, that last part was a lie, sorta, and I'll explain why in a bit.

The rules are simple with rep as with any of the rules of the forum; no flaming, leaving hateful comments, gang negging (or whatever it is y'all call it), and most importantly, don't abuse the system. It's as simple as that. We'll have better rep rules laid out as the forum grows and know that you can report any reputation as well as comments you find that break the general ethics behind reputation etiquette. We'll treat it like any other situation as if it was a post that was reported, staff will see these reports, and take action once we evaluate the evidence and come to a decision on what to do.

As of right now, all members, even staff, adhere to the same rep distribution rules as everyone else; there will be no Admin that can bypass the daily rep limit or spread because that can unbalance the system with ease. Be vigilant with how you handle giving out reputation and most important of all, make it count!

In a nutshell, here are the stats and configuration options we set for an optimal first release:
  • The maximum amount of users you can give rep to in a day is currently 24, until there is a need to increase it in the future.
  • You will need to at least spread rep to 5 other users before you can rep the same person again.
  • For every 50 post you make, you will receive +1 rep point
  • For every 50 reactions you give, you will also receive +1 rep point
  • For every 50 rep points you have, you will receive +1 rep point
  • For every 10 trophy points you have, you will receive +1 rep point
  • There is currently no maximum limit of the amount of reputation points one can hold, unless we collectively decide as a community that it actually needs a cap 🧢
  • The max number of characters you can put in a rep comment is currently 420 and no, we didn't set that limit, the mod author did initially
  • If a bunch of you don't want rep to be allowed to be given in a section you frequent in, the section majority members can vote to exclude rep from said section
  • You can view the reputations you gave here
Staff reserves the rights to remove this feature at any time if it's being abused by more than one user. We will only come to such conclusion if a balance cannot be created to sort out the abuse (e.g., altering the calculations or resetting the abusers rep).

We are also accepting feedback on the current status cause lort knows when anyone will get AT LEAST 1 point of rep to start spreading :hestonpls

Good luck and enjoy!

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Who will be the first to take the rep throne? And who will reign upon it the longest? The next Zaru? Only time will tell.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you for exposing my mistakes during this public testing y'all; we must have complete global saturation!

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
My apologies again; it seems I have over-saturated the forum and overlooked one quirk with this vast rep system.

Full disclosure:
  1. Rep comments were visible to anyone in the post you repped them for after you repped. I fix :)
  2. Rep comments were visible to anyone who visited your profile. I fix :)
Although a temporary fix is in place that will protect your most dirtiest and raunchiest rep spread comments, I am looking to do some nerd programming work to get this shit corrected on my own seeing as the dev recently split from the XF scene.

If you see anything that shouldn't be visible to you or others, let us know, so I can fix* :becel

(*rep and future shop points will be given as bounty if you snitch on yourself)

E

Example

Unconfirmed
Testing things out @Ral to see if the system actually works.
It's working just fine btw.

Reactions: Ral
Back