Sagittarius Seiya (Omega) vs Aiolia-Zeus (G Assassin)

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It depends on how to take the power scaling, because G is from a different line than the Omega anime, so if he don't take Shura's power scaling, Aiolia should blitz him.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Unfortunately it was untranslated but I heard Hades reappears in a different line

if so they might still scale

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Unfortunately it was untranslated but I heard Hades reappears in a different line

if so they might still scale
Don’t remember Hades reappearing in the Omega timeline, but his spirit is in G Assassin. Poseidon comes back in a video game based on Omega, but I don’t think that’s canon to the show itself

Omega still scales to the original series feats at minimum though

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Omega still scales to the original series feats at minimum though
Omega is like Dragon Ball GT, it should scale from what was animated by Toei, like the original anime, the movies (Except Apollo's), ovas, the Asgard filler arc.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Omega is like Dragon Ball GT, it should scale from what was animated by Toei, like the original anime, the movies (Except Apollo's), ovas, the Asgard filler arc.
Original anime is a bit weird in some parts. IIRC, Saga never actually used Galaxian Explosion on Ikki there, but he recognized GE when Kanon used it on him. So I guess it just quietly takes parts from the manga when it suits them.

There’s also a difference in feats between the manga and Hades OVA. In the manga, Shiryu burned his cosmo to the limit and stopped the Athena Exclamation clash by himself, but in the OVA it took him, Seiya, Shun, and Hyoga. This doesn’t matter as a whole though, God Cloths would scale above AE regardless.

Eztephan

Illustrious
What version of Zeus Aiolia? Cuz during the final fight in Ep. G Assassin him get some power ups over the time like the use of Dunamis, and during the advance of the fight him was mastering the use of 9th sense. So depending of the point and progress of the possesion, Seiya can win by using the Omega or by using the god killer dagger. But i don't seen him capable of defeating the last version of Zeus Aioria that took the effort of all the Bronze/Gold main cast and Shura using the Kusanagi as arms/swords to defeat him.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
So depending of the point and progress of the possesion, Seiya can win by using the Omega
When did Seiya have Omega? It’s hammered in that no one but the next gen MCs can reach Omega. What this Seiya does have is essentially a God Cloth and he can burn his cosmo high enough to endure attacks from Saturn, the strongest god in the anime continuity (probably barring the movies)

Eztephan

Illustrious
When did Seiya have Omega? It’s hammered in that no one but the next gen MCs can reach Omega. What this Seiya does have is essentially a God Cloth and he can burn his cosmo high enough to endure attacks from Saturn, the strongest god in the anime continuity (probably barring the movies)
If i remember correctly the end of Pallas/Saturn saga, all main saints grasp the Omega even Seiya or the gold saints that attacked Hyperion with the Athena Exclamation. But maybe i remember bad.

But in terms of strength i think Saturn is probably the strongest. Considering that the previous movies doesn't had the context of Hades Saga and even by the power of miracles Seiya with the Sagittarius Arrow defeat them, but in comparison him can't truly defeat Saturn even True Omega Kouga wasn't able to defeat Saturn at the end of Omega.

Last edited:

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
The most you could probably argue is that they reached some level of the “prelude” to Omega. Anime does hammer it in that the new generation Bronzies are the only ones to awaken the “True” Omega

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
If i remember correctly the end of Pallas/Saturn saga, all main saints grasp the Omega even Seiya or the gold saints that attacked Hyperion with the Athena Exclamation. But maybe i remember bad.

The most you could probably argue is that they reached some level of the “prelude” to Omega. Anime does hammer it in that the new generation Bronzies are the only ones to awaken the “True” Omega
Pretty much this. Shiryu, Kiki, and Fudo only channeled part of Omega when they did the AE. Seiya himself wasn’t ever noted to be using Omega, but he might be able to utilize a portion of it.

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
on another note, one of the artbooks provides something interesting regarding anime canon

fs6d8f97s97dfa.jpg

Bracketed part:
Sanctuary dictionary. About Saint Seiya.

Popular fighting comic book by Masami Kurumada published in serial form from 1985 to 1990 in the Weekly Shonen Jump. Almost at the beginning of the publications, the animation projects were advanced and the character design of the anime was taken care of by Shingo Araki and Michi Himeno known for their beautiful touches. The TV series was broadcasted for two and a half years (114 episodes), and 4 movies were also broadcasted on top of that.

In 2002 the series was brought back in anime with OVAs constituting the final chapter, the one about Hades, broken down in 4 parts. During the broadcast of the Hades chapter, the Tenkai-hen Joso, its sequel, was shown to the public. Saint Seiya Omega is the sequel (lit: next chapter of the story) of these works.

In the opening credits of Omega, there is a scene that uses a drawing of Mr. Araki and Mrs. Himeno who left a great imprint in the series, where in the first episode, both their names are credited.
So I guess Overture really is part of the anime series continuity, and kind of does explain why Seiya isn’t on a wheelchair anymore in Omega

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Also smol reminder that omega seiya had massive hype due to titan wanting a personal duel with him and IIRC once he lost his holy sword seiya was a bit stronger and that was just with the base Sagittarius cloth

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Also smol reminder that omega seiya had massive hype due to titan wanting a personal duel with him and IIRC once he lost his holy sword seiya was a bit stronger and that was just with the base Sagittarius cloth
Titan stopped a weakened Athena (who still had her Cloth on mind you) from ganking Pallas with his broken blade, then struck back at her only for Seiya to stop it barehanded. Titan was a bit impressed and said that even his broken blade can slice through the world or somesuch

Also, something that’s a bit overlooked is the Time Gate, which is kept locked in stopped time by Titan’s power. It took Athena, six Gold Saints (three of them being Seiya, Shiryu, and Fudo), the rest of the Legendary Saints, the Bronze MCs, and Subaru sending their cosmo to Koga to break through it. It didn’t immediately happen either

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Titan and Hype were just built totally different rofl

meanwhile Gallia with the worst showings out of the 4

Aegaeon at least 1v1'd Ikki who's considered one of the most powerful legendary saints :heston

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
Titan and Hype were just built totally different rofl

meanwhile Gallia with the worst showings out of the 4

Aegaeon at least 1v1'd Ikki who's considered one of the most powerful legendary saints :heston
Gallia’s threat level kinda gets diminished more when you think about how Seiya could’ve just pulled out his New Sagittarius Cloth (totally not a God Cloth we swear) and demolished her :mjlol

Back