• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Saitama's Serious Punch discussion thread electric boogaloo

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
My only hang up with the void is its clearly absent when Garou spots Earth from Io/Jupiter when from where he's at the void should have been hilariously apparent given the cosmic scale of distance between Earth and Jupiter is a rounding error to the distance between the star system and that void would be.

So if Murata either clarifies "yeah, its still there, I just fucked up drawing it" or the inevitable tankoban redraw in a couple years corrects it, then fine

My only hang up with the void is its clearly absent when Garou spots Earth from Io/Jupiter when from where he's at the void should have been hilariously apparent given the cosmic scale of distance between Earth and Jupiter is a rounding error to the distance between the star system and that void would be.

So if Murata either clarifies "yeah, its still there, I just fucked up drawing it" or the inevitable tankoban redraw in a couple years corrects it, then fine
It’s weird because I’ve really got nothing against accepting it if it turns out to truly be destroying those stars, but it’s so immediately glossed over for comparibly less impressive destructive feats that I can’t really accept that interpretation.

even with Roshi’s Moon Feat, which we don’t actually accept, has a better claim to be legit tbh

So basically, your main issue is on wether or not the energy and the void are related to each other? (Since it's not explicitly shown where the energy went?)
If that's the case, i don't see how occam's razor doesn't solve this.

The question would essentially be "did this occur through natural means?" (i.e: the void)
If this isn't the case, then the question becomes "what else could have caused it?" The sequence of panels then gives us our answer (Energy gets thrown into space > explosion happens > void in space)

What's more simple to assume once you've eliminated the natural element? An unexplained, non-implied, and invisible mechanism (like it being caused by Blast's spatial bs, like people suggested in the other thread?) or inference based upon an understood fantastical element of the story?

My issue as a whole is that primarily, it's something that isn't given the focus it needs in a series that consistently gives focus to these feats, the page doesn't show how far the blast went at all and we don't even see it again after it's done.
That's my issue with this as a whole as in comparison, Sephiroth's Super Nova isn't a one-time thing only done by Safer Sephiroth, it gets explained and even shown that it is literally something Sephiroth could do as a living being prior to Nibelheim.
Why in a series where we get gratuitous shots and explanations of feats and how massive they are, the one people want to put at Multi-Star System... only had the Earth be threatened despite Blast knowing of alien life and otherwise? Why only put priority on just the Earth then?

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
extremely late but decided to read it for myself and this is my take

my conclusion is that the void is just Blast's larger portal created with the help of the shadowy figures that gave him a boost, we see him trying to create one to redirect the Serious Sq energy and then immediately after we see the black circle. The only thing that would call this question into mind to me is normally his portals are drawn both black and with a trail of white energy, but that's also when he's actively generating them. The location also seems consistent, Blast's initial portal was just above the earth as is the void immediately after.

Secondly, while I've said I don't think later feats being lesser inherently means an earlier stronger feat is invalid, some of the context in the arc itself makes me question if any stars were destroyed too. Saitama describes the start of the fight on the moon as him being able to go all out, and his sneeze wrecking Jupiter is described as his strength having grown exponentially (which makes sense, he goes from shredding a smallish moon with his hands to wrecking a planet much larger than earth with a mere sneeze, this tracks with everything we are told in the narrations).

My only hang up at this point is the 'reversal of causality' panel showing a circular-ish foggy ring of stars, but there's no planets in sight to make it clear it's even the same thing. Additionally, while I think it being the same is actually the simplest and most likely explanation ordinarily...the panel is shown in the timeline from Earth before Blast had ever made that portal and before the Serious Punch Squared even happened. If it had taken place after that, then I think it would've been a stronger case made for the void being star destruction, but as-is the timeline doesn't match. You'd have to prove that single panel takes place later than the rest of the chapter.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
why so much fuss for a large planet level feat, i still dont get it, why every saitama feat needs to be that complicated for no reason? lmao

toeiland king vegeta still is >> that, this is the olf obd, and we accept him at large planet level/ftl+ speed, good game

whoever

wants solar system/galaxy level saitama, go to fanzverse obd

not here, enough with one mid man :smh

Back