Samsung's new phones break milestones

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon

Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 are about to break a major sales milestone

By Adnan F.

Last updated: October 1st, 2021 at 09:35 UTC+02:00

Samsung’s new foldable smartphones have been very well received. The Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 are seeing incredible demand across the globe. Samsung had confirmed previously that the pre-orders alone had surpassed all of its foldable smartphone sales to date.
It’s not uncommon for devices to lose momentum once they’ve hit the market. The initial hype wears off and those that really wanted to buy them have already done so. These new foldables seem to have no problem keeping up the sales momentum.

Galaxy Z Flip 3 is the best-selling foldable​

Korean media is reporting that sales of the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 are likely to cross 1 million units this weekend. This marks a major milestone not just for foldables in Samsung’s home country but globally.
If there was any indication that Samsung has made foldable smartphones mainstream, this is it. Merely a month after the launch, the new foldables are set to achieve the milestone of 1 million units sold. That’s sold, mind you, not shipments. There are a million people in South Korea that have bought one of the two new Samsung foldables.

The Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 are in great company. Their sales momentum is similar to that of Samsung’s popular Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S8 devices. They were among the fastest devices to reach 1 million units sold in South Korea.
Samsung’s new foldables have been doing very well in other markets as well. There’s particularly great demand for the Galaxy Z Flip 3. That’s one of the reasons why Samsung might have cancelled the Galaxy S21 FE.

The Galaxy Z Flip 3 is the clear favorite among customers. It has sold twice as many units as the Galaxy Z Fold 3. The psychological pricing barrier that Samsung has broken with the Galaxy Z Flip 3 has certainly helped.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I believe my brother had the Fold 2 (or 1) at the time, he sold it for like $400 and I nearly blew a gasket.

Samsung is very based, which is why I switched from iShit to Annihilate All other Mobile OS's Droid.

Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G anyone?

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
I used a Samsung feature phone for twelve years. I gave up and bought a cheap Galaxy A12 a couple of months ago so I'd have some smart features and wouldn't feel so left out.

I may not be able to fold it in half without breaking it, but it's fine:whatevs

Velkuvrana

Notorious
I have a Samsung 5G 21. Love it. What I wish for is a better way to carry my music collection around. I collecgt far too much but I have found my tastes rapidly expanding as the year go on.

Leng

Illustrious
I wonder if there will be a substantial new level up with mobile technology. The folding element is interesting but possibly a solution looking for a problem.

Reactions: Ral
E

Example

Unconfirmed
Got a Note 10+ (The Kylo Ren Star Wars edition) on Ebay that was on sale for like $550 CAD. It still performs really well, although the phone gets a bit hot during gaming sessions.

The Z foldables and flip phones have such a high price tag that the even the iphones feel cheap compared to it.

There's no reason for those foldables and flip phones to cost about as much (or even almost double) the price of a regular flagship phone when they come with the same chipset (for performance) and with comparable, or even less battery life compared to Samsung's regular phones.

Tfw this causes the vast majority of Samsung's phones to skyrocket in price for diminishing returns...

EDIT: Prices
Galaxy Z fold 3 5G
Galaxy Z flip 3 (128 GB storage, 8GB ram)

Just get an ASUS ROG 5 or something. Better sound, better performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ral

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
I'm probably one of the few who isn't a fan of folding phones.
My first actual phone is a flip phone. (Got it in college)

It's easy to the pocket.

:kannasip Basically I like the flip phone more than the current standard one considering how easily the standard one get scratches if you put it in your pocket or bag.

Tobidara

My first actual phone is a flip phone. (Got it in college)

It's easy to the pocket.

:kannasip Basically I like the flip phone more than the current standard one considering how easily the standard one get scratches if you put it in your pocket or bag.

I has a flip-phone at one time, but a smart flip-phone doesn't sound right. Scratches can be easily remedied, if one buys a half decent phone cover.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Got a Note 10+ (The Kylo Ren Star Wars edition) on Ebay that was on sale for like $550 CAD. It still performs really well, although the phone gets a bit hot during gaming sessions.

The Z foldables and flip phones have such a high price tag that the even the iphones feel cheap compared to it.

There's no reason for those foldables and flip phones to cost about as much (or even almost double) the price of a regular flagship phone when they come with the same chipset (for performance) and with comparable, or even less battery life compared to Samsung's regular phones.

Tfw this causes the vast majority of Samsung's phones to skyrocket in price for diminishing returns...

EDIT: Prices
Galaxy Z fold 3 5G
Galaxy Z flip 3 (128 GB storage, 8GB ram)

Just get an ASUS ROG 5 or something. Better sound, better performance.
Yea the current problem with this phone is they are basically the same inside with less functionality (removal of the headphone pin/no extra storage capacity. etc) but they get higher and higher prices.

:kannasip even the standard apps like music players and shit sometimes are missing.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
being able to open and close your phone like that is a power move.

The t mobile store here makes you pay a huge up front cost for these phones (I don't have them, but I went with my friend so no one tries to swindle her into buying something stupid).

I doubt my carrier will even carry these since they're pretty niche and you have to have their cable company to even use their phones. I'm sticking with my iPhone 12 Pro Max or Max Pro or whatever. I can't see going back to Android.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I always buy my smartphones off Amazon as unlocked ones, I ain't giving these mobile service fuckers any more money in monthly installments and other fees. I'd rather pay $1000-$1200 up front then $3000 for 2 years of installement fees, and other crap.

Back