• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Shantae feats, lore & power discussion thread

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Shantae is a fantasy sidescrolling platformer adventure game series, starring the titular half-genie Shantae. Currently there are five games in the series, Shantae, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Shantae and the Pirates Curse, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero and Shantae and the Seven Sirens. There is a sixth game, Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution, in development.

The games follow half-genie hero Shantae as she saves the day from various threats such as pirates, mercenaries and ancient evils.
7FXJix4.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
There's a giant Lummox living on Saliva Island.
JTZmsnX.jpg
Sky has giant bird eggs in her home.
0E00GIF.jpg
There's a giant dinosaur skull in the shop in Scuttletown.
AiDe17D.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Pirate Master is a threat to Sequin Land.
SDpMZDa.jpg
It took the power of all Genies to defeat the Pirate Master.
TniDxBj.jpg

nEOG8s6.jpg
The Pirate Master draws power from Dens of Evil from across the Isles.
vKSKymj.jpg
JWdXS23.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The next Shantae game will have Risky use a 'secret subterranean device' to 'rotate and rearrange' the entire continent.
Filling in the gaps between the original Shantae (2002) and Shantae: Risky’s Revenge (2010), Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution sees Shantae protecting Sequin Land from a twisted new plot orchestrated by her nemesis, the pirate Risky Boots. Using a secret subterranean device, Risky is able to rotate and rearrange the continent, plunging it into chaos and giving her more coastal cities to plunder. Fortunately, by harnessing this technology and the knowledge of the Relic Hunters, players will be able to turn the tables on Risky, giving Shantae new paths through environments and a chance to thwart the villain’s scheme.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Techno Baron survives a direct hit from the Ammo Baron's cannon, which is strong enough to create a hole in the ground.

(7:50)
Techno-Baron-blasted-away.gif

Shantae effortlessly defeats the Techno Baron in a single attack and sends him flying.

(7:16)
Shantae-vs-Techno-Baren.gif

Earlier, Shantae has a large canister bigger than her with Bolo inside (which appears to be made of metal) land on her head (the above video at 0:18).
Shantae-smacked-on-the-head.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Pirate Master breaking free of his prison unleashes a huge amount of energy that causes boulders bigger than a person to float into the air, even while he's in a weakened state.
Shantae-and-the-Pirate-s-Curse-20240222173003-3.gif

Shantae-and-the-Pirate-s-Curse-20240222173131.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Holly Lingerbean is a memory of an incredibly vain girl who perished centuries ago (when her town was destroyed in a sandstorm that lasted for centuries).
Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240609234609.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240609234618.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240609234653.jpg
Wilber is a species of rare chilopoda of titanic size that feeds on neurotransmissions, and Holly plans to use Wilbur to feed on all memories that aren't of her.
Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240609234720.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240609234732.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240609234741.jpg
Wilbur is unable to devour Shantae's memories, as she is a half-genie (Also as a note, Wilbur is able to devour the memories of everyone in town even from many miles away).
Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240609234804.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
More confirmation that Risky will rotate the entire continent in Risky's Revolution (with a device known as the Tremor Engine). From the sounds of it, this may be a power Shantae is capable of too, as you must "turn the tectonic tables on Risky by rearranging the land itself".
Helmed by the original design team of Shantae creator Erin Bozon, series director Matt Bozon, and programmer Michael Stragey, Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution is the direct follow-up to the beloved original 2002 Shantae game. In this hair-whipping, belly-dancing action-adventure, Shantae's nemesis, the nefarious pirate Risky Boots, has a "groundbreaking" new scheme that will leave Sequin Land spinning — by rotating the continent, she can move any town to the coast for easy plundering! As Shantae, you must turn the tectonic tables on Risky by rearranging the land itself...shifting, swapping, and moving between the foreground and background to navigate mix-and-match multilayered levels.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
An example of the Tremor Engine in use to rotate the continent (from an official preview of Risky's Revolution).

Tremor-Engine.gif

Beneath Sequin Land is a massive cavern that spans for miles.
Tremor-Engine-1.png

Tremor-Engine-2.png

Tremor-Engine-3.png

Tremor-Engine-4.png

Tremor-Engine-5.png
Risky will use the Tremor Engine to access the parts of Sequin Land that are usually landlocked, and will turn the tectonic tables on them.
Tremor-Engine-6.png

Tremor-Engine-7.png

Tremor-Engine-8.png

Tremor-Engine-9.png

Tremor-Engine-10.png

Tremor-Engine-11.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
There will be a Shantae comic, that will come with the Shantae Swimsuit Special (and from what I've heard, there may be a comic series proper after that).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Risky tricks Uncle Mimic into creating the inverter for her, which reverses the polarity of something, and can thus transform something or someone from good to evil (and theoretically vice versa). Risky plans on using the dynamo to corrupt the entire Genie Realm.
Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220543.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220553.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220603.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220613.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220625.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220635.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220702.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220712.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220728.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220741.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220759.jpg

Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-Ultimate-Edition-20240614220810.jpg