• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Shiki (Edens Zero) vs Kat (Gravity Rush)

Both gravity-shifting adventurers are at their best, they have no knowledge of each other and both start 10 meters away from each other.

Round 1: IC

Round 2: Bloodlust

Location is Robocop’s Detroit.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
How do we rate Kat’s feat at the end of GR2 where she defeats The Darkness and destroys the black hole at the very bottom of the world?

Kat defeated Neu Hiraleon, a gigantic nevi that consumes and destroys entire cities.

Kat can easily destroy large shipping containers.

Kat defeated a transformed Kali Angel, who was converting all matter she touched into energy.

Kat defeated Elektricitie, who was implied of reducing the world to ash.

Kat fought a prolonged fight against the Destructive Force, who threatened to destroy everything, reducing the world to nothing.

In the Gravity Rush 2 box art, the Destructive Force was referred to as being able to “threaten the fabric of the universe itself”.
dFBIDse_d.webp

The Destructive Force also manifested the supermassive black hole at the bottom of the World Pillar.
gpeM1KuMFiSGILQ9go5E6gQq4LYljq2ePGhI5SWMvogJ5PArzMDzocqp3FOkXSxkknbq0Hc0xQu4lfqO2KXHyhi7ImmI6NuPGUS-bHeSr5qfKiuymeqK_bR6ixXtD28rzVhc2_Wy4DEak8zT22wgOuM

Kat can create black holes, including one that was large enough to seal the giant Destructive Force.

Kat is as strong as Raven, who defeated Lumino and Tenebria and overpowered a combined blast from them while they had absorbed the powers of the creators Gade and Cyanae.

Gade had created the entire “world” of the Gravity Rush setting and holds it together himself.

Cyanae forms the world itself as her dream, everything in it being a mere figment of her imagination.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Papa Nier

Defeating the Destructive Force and destroying the black hole at the bottom of the World Pillar is about the only relevant thing here, especially with Shiki fighting the Chronophage itself as of right now.

Wondering how you can measure it, it’s probably at least a planet level feat.

Kat defeating a horde of Nevi before a skewer could fall to the ground.

Kat dodges a whip without using her powers.
dq6juOE_d.webp

plf7HYS_d.webp

iuCVhOY_d.webp

Kat is able to dodge RPG projectiles.

Someone like Raven can dodge bullets (or they have shit aim).

Kat is capable of moving faster than missiles.

Kat moved Yunica out of the way of point blank missile fire.

Kat can move fast enough to create sonic booms.

Kat outflew the Snakerabbit’s aircraft.

Kat can kick so fast that she catches on fire.

Kat can dodge lightning from Elektricitie.

Kat was able to escape the pull of a black hole.

Kat withstood Raven's gravity, which crushed a pillar.

Kat is capable of surviving bullets and RPGs.

Kat survived this large impact.

Kat is able to keep fighting in a prolonged battle with Elektricitie even while tired out.

Kat resisted the Destructive Force attempting to sap away her powers and life.

Kat survived being turned into a singularity for an entire year.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Someone on imgur did calc Kat’s Black Hole at large planet level.

It’s actually a pretty even fight. Got Eden’s Zero calcs putting the verse at Large Planet level like Xenolith’s Gravity Center feat of pulling down interplanetary sized tidal waves

And as mentioned, Shiki is fighting the Chronophage, whose so massive, it carries multiple planets around.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Well damn.

This just happened

330ALjk.png

xs67Qrf.png

w0uUG5B.png

Edens Zero about to jump straight into universe destroying territory. If Shiki in anyway even comes close to matching this in the next chapter, this is now a stomp in his favor.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Well damn.

This just happened

330ALjk.png

xs67Qrf.png

w0uUG5B.png

Edens Zero about to jump straight into universe destroying territory. If Shiki in anyway even comes close to matching this in the next chapter, this is now a stomp in his favor.
no fucking way LOL

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
wait that's actually quite a bit above universal unless Mashima fucked up the numbers

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Going to be honest, this is about the only interesting part of this final arc. Everything else, even how ONE Void was handled, was Fairy Tail Alvarez Empire levels of anti-climactic and rushed. Like Mashima just suddenly lost interest in this series and wants to get it over with.

Really hoping unlike Fairy Tail, Mashima can stick the landing and make the final bad guy, the Chronophage, a great final battle on par with Haru and Ellie fighting Lucia and Endless

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Okay, I did also like the flashbacks explaining Mother, the Shining Star’s; and Dark Star’s origins as well as more of Ziggy’s backstory.

But damn, the amount of time traveling and timeline swapping around is a pain in the ass to follow. Wish Mashima could be just a bit less convoluted about it all too.

Shiki at this point has got to have the weirdest looking family tree

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The chapter was ripe with feats. Nothing else comes close to the Chronophage casually producing 10^72 joules of universe destroying energy at the end but still mad impressive

Shiki’s Overdrive energy levels rivals a black hole

58Ivm2p.png

Chronophage destroying countless planets across the universe in a short time frame

CeLDxqY.png

tVzswjs.png

iigv77t.png

eGxOtc6.png

So yeah, this was a nutty chapter that solidified many comparable characters to casually planet levels and now a potential huge jump to universe destroying levels

Edens Zero has easily established itself as Mashima’s strongest series and if it that 10^72 joules feat holds up, it beats the breaks on the vast majority of Shounen verses

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
This aged like milk if shiki does something next chapter

Back