• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Shiki (Edens Zero) vs Kat (Gravity Rush)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
This aged like milk if shiki does something next chapter
TBF, who the heck saw this kind of power jump coming?

I personally thought the verse would probably cap at End of Series Toriko levels when it was announced Shiki would fight the Chronophage, not approach Dragon Ball Super levels

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
TBF, who the heck saw this kind of power jump coming?

I personally thought the verse would probably cap at End of Series Toriko levels when it was announced Shiki would fight the Chronophage, not approach Dragon Ball Super levels
It was a space shounen with a multiverse

Not to mention Mother implied shiki was either gonna save or destroy the universe

It doesn't shock me at all

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It was a space shounen with a multiverse

Not to mention Mother implied shiki was either gonna save or destroy the universe

It doesn't shock me at all
Yeah but for the longest time, the verse was capped at planet level feats among the Top tiers excluding potentially Mother.

Did not expect this leap.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
And now we know how Shiki measures up to it. Pretty glad he didn’t just Talk No Jutsu’d the Chronophage out of not doing it

IpDdPzf.png

Once more re-iterated that this was going to destroy and remake the whole universe

MveOQMz.png
DTNGCnI.png

4rwbChV.png

OJYjZAk.png

XZqo2WO.png

VwN2uVr.png

NWgLfAZ.png

GLz6uTD.png

Xaa6WdB.png

elVq5xQ.png

Shiki manages to absorb literally 10,000 times the energy of the Big Bang and hits the Chronophage with a gigantic version of his ultimate move, Black Sky, powered by her own Big Bang used against her.

Also, Shiki is currently sitting at MFTL speeds from Ziggy flying all the way from the Sakura Cosmos to the unknown region of space Mother resides in for the final battle. An unreachable space in a setting where intergalactic travel is a regular thing.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Pretty glad Mashima didn’t forget Shiki and Ziggy’s abilities to steal others powers with their gravity. It’s not just Ether techniques or Ether power either, Shiki can absorb and steal even simple kinetic energy and add it to his power

1:40

So yeah, Shiki can now stop up to Big Bang++++ levels of power and amp himself up to that level.

Suck it, Runesave

Last edited:

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
And now we know how Shiki measures up to it. Pretty glad he didn’t just Talk No Jutsu’d the Chronophage out of not doing it

IpDdPzf.png

Once more re-iterated that this was going to destroy and remake the whole universe

DTNGCnI.png

4rwbChV.png

OJYjZAk.png

XZqo2WO.png

VwN2uVr.png

NWgLfAZ.png

GLz6uTD.png

Xaa6WdB.png

elVq5xQ.png

Shiki manages to absorb literally 10,000 times the energy of the Big Bang and hits the Chronophage with a gigantic version of his ultimate move, Black Sky, powered by her own Big Bang used against her.

Also, Shiki is currently sitting at MFTL speeds from Ziggy flying all the way from the Sakura Cosmos to the unknown region of space mother resides in for the final battle. An unreachable space in a setting where intergalactic travel is a regular thing.
Rasengan

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Pretty glad Mashima didn’t forget Shiki and Ziggy’s abilities to steal others powers with their gravity. It’s not just Ether techniques or energy either, Shiki can absorb and steal even simple kinetic energy and add it to his power

1:40

So yeah, Shiki can now stop up to Big Bang++++ levels if power.

Suck it, Runesave

"It's not just Ether techniques or energy either"

"Shiki can absorb and steal even kinetic energy"

You could've phrased that better :mjpls

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The craziest thing, this is a somewhat downgraded Shiki for the final battle, having regressed to his younger days due to time travel and cosmic resets.

Basically a GT Kid Goku situation where he still retains all the power and experience, but as his younger self, he doesn’t have the capability yet to withstand his own power he acquired as an adult. It wasn’t until recently where he could even handle going into even his standard Overdrive.

Older Shiki from the arc before is him at his best, with a body easily able to handle his Ether power and being able to go into a second advanced Overdrive form which he lost access to for this final arc

FFeH34YVEAEHuog.jpg

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
The craziest thing, this is a somewhat downgraded Shiki for the final battle, having regressed to his younger days due to time travel and cosmic resets.

Basically a GT Kid Goku situation where he still retains all the power and experience, but as his younger self, he doesn’t have the capability yet to withstand his own power he acquired as an adult. It wasn’t until recently where he could even handle going into even his standard Overdrive.

Older Shiki from the arc before is him at his best, with a body easily able to handle his Ether power and being able to go into a second advanced Overdrive form which he lost access to for this final arc

FFeH34YVEAEHuog.jpg
Hopefully we get that back by the endb

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Such a shame. Edens Zero really felt like it was cut short this last arc, probably from Mashima’s increased interest in working on his new series Dead Rock

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Wouldn't mind if the anime expended on stuff
The lore mainly. Mashima threw out some near ideas like those Knights Xenolith was a part of and Chrono Witches which hardly got explored. Some of the Oracion Seis Interstellar and Galactica members hardly got any attention too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Also, even before these last few chapters, Shiki was already probably way above planet level

To start, here is the 20,000 anti-matter bombs Shura was planning on using to kill both his father and Ziggy

cXMpRDl.png

EkUMcih.png

The explosion would be so massive, it’d reach even other neighboring planets

pI9tuJB.png

In an alternate future, Shiki and Rebecca chose to stay behind on the planet to try to stop the explosion

F4FhjtU.png

1slNlUd.png

UsK9hVM.png

HCF3Bry.png

xjCnYo8.png

They couldn’t stop the explosion from happening but their combined energies with the bombs knocked them 20,000 years into the future. Rebecca was killed but Shiki ended up surviving this blast, albeit left in near death.

7qawB50.png

h5LPGkb.png

haAhPtu.png

JFRtjwe.png

Xb0PnGH.png

wPoHnhd.png

Long story short, the alternate future Shiki who would later become Ziggy managed to survive, albeit barely, 20,000 antimatter bombs, each capable of destroying a planet.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
wait that's actually quite a bit above universal unless Mashima fucked up the numbers
Universe+ Level for our observable universe is actually 9 TenaFoe, 40 YottaFoe came from a generously low estimation using 13 billion light-years diameter as an estimation instead of 93 billion light-years. This estimate is 10 NinaFoe, so it's actually 1/900th universe level.

But contextually still a universe level feat since it was going to be used to destroy the universe but we can't expect Mashima to be a big wiz on numbers dude wrote Fairy Tail after all.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Universe+ Level for our observable universe is actually 9 TenaFoe, 40 YottaFoe came from a generously low estimation using 13 billion light-years diameter as an estimation instead of 93 billion light-years. This estimate is 10 NinaFoe, so it's actually 1/900th universe level.

But contextually still a universe level feat since it was going to be used to destroy the universe but we can't expect Mashima to be a big wiz on numbers dude wrote Fairy Tail after all.
The number that Mashima used is that of all the energy contained in all the matter in the universe, I suppose that as a mangaka he would have thought that that amount of energy is enough to be the equivalent of a Big Bang.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
The number that Mashima used is that of all the energy contained in all the matter in the universe, I suppose that as a mangaka he would have thought that that amount of energy is enough to be the equivalent of a Big Bang.
Yeah, that's why I say contextually it's still a universe level feat because story-wise that's what it was going to do, his numbers were just off. It's like how in marvel character guides list Thor as being strong enough to "lift up to 100 tons" when the dude's been arm wrestling with planet benchers since the silver age.

Back