• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Shin Megami Tensei/MegaTen Feats and Discussion Thread

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
UM1V384.png

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Basically, The Creator/God stripped all other demons/gods of their Knowledge. Reducing them to a state where they were just demons. Nahobinos are created when a god/demon reunites with their Knowledge.

And only Nahobinos can take the Throne, and become the new Creator/God for all intents and purposes.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
To me it seems to follow after the True Chaos Ending somehow. Since Lucifer killed God and the Demi-Fiend is still around. And the Mandala System explains why the world was retconned anyway, and didn't stay destroyed. Since it's what is responsible for all of this endless repetition.

And the question is put forth whether The Nahobino actually ended it or not by taking the Throne and erasing all demons/gods from the multiverse. Which seems like sequel bait, and that even this final solution might not be so final.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Both Flynn and Nanashi should be below Aleph, Tadano, and the Demi-Fiend
They should be

Flynn gets carried by "muh godslayer" hype and Masakados' katana which can harm godly beings

If you take the absolutely retarded messiah DLC as canon, then all the protags never made it to their respective games' final bosses and somehow they can fight an agent of the true Universal Will/Big Will/Axion who is prob on par with YHVH or some shit.

Even then, they had to nerf Ed bighead to the level of a "common" demon to really put him down in the game's main story.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member

Are we sure in Nahbo being >Demi? Unless Endgame Nahabino

They're honestly prob about equal

Nahobinos get a shitload of hype from both demonic and angelic factions in the game, and technically speaking MC is a bootleg one. Demi also doesn't really seem worse for wear after the fight and is ready for a rematch basically instantly. You can prob make the argument he's slightly above Demi but he shouldn't be too far behind.

ven then, they had to nerf Ed bighead to the level of a "common" demon to really put him down in the game's main story.

Oh yeah, you are right about that.
I remember fully watching that boss fight and basically the entire part of the first phase is denying YHVH so hard he devolves into the 7 Plagues and the Beast of Revelation and he STILL gets more powerful from that deal.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
There's so much wrong in that one blog I don't even know where to begin

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Just because different entries into the series use the same mythological references does not mean they're interconnected and trying to pretend they are when we're explicitly told they're not is absolutely ridiculous

Hell even in the same spinoff series P1/P2 is a separate universe/theme from P3/P4 and P5

His entire beginning spiel about mental universe flies in the face of 3 and SJ (we're literally shown one of the reason endings would have everyone still "Existing" but within their own separate universes more or less)

Tries to connect demons to shadows when we're not only told they're not the same thing, Shadows don't even have the same origin between P1/2 and 3/4 and 5

Again, even between personas, the Collective Unconciousness of Humanity isn't even unified, trying to use exposition in the past game to unify it to a separate universe is disinginuous

reading this thing gives me a damn headache

Tries to connect demons to shadows when we're not only told they're not the same thing, Shadows don't even have the same origin between P1/2 and 3/4 and 5

Again, even between personas, the Collective Unconciousness of Humanity isn't even unified, trying to use exposition in the past game to unify it to a separate universe is disinginuous

Okay yeah, that doesn't even make sense.
Saying Persona 3, 4 and 5 are connected makes sense due to the nature of the Universe makes sense... but how the hell is Persona 1 and 2 connected?!
And the entire point of the SMT and Persona series are that they are ultimately entirely different Multiverses at that and aren't connected in the slightest. This is like saying Demon Survivor is at the same time as Megami Tensei.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
Anyway, I think this also upgrades the Demi-Fiend. Since he probably helped Lucifer kill Big G.

And he is able to hold his own against the Nabohino, and at least spar with him on mostly even grounds.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
So since I'm clearly a bit lacking in terms of Persona knowledge, what level do they operate at again and why?
In terms of strength/speed and hax, specifically.

Back