Should current RWBY still be Building level?

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It's no secret that, in the context of vs debates, RWBY hasn't had it easy. Started out rather competent, with calcs putting it solidly at building level and hypersonic. Eventually more calcs started to spring up, and it gradually upgraded to MHS and MCB to town level. Then it turned out there was a lot of context missing/wrong math/other errors and it was reverted back to building level and only just reaching double digit hypersonic.

This was all during the first three volumes. Out of what is about to be nine, and a confirmed tenth volume after that.

Not only do these feats currently make up only a third of the total series, but there are practically no other feats of those levels to be found in later volumes. For the majority of the series it actually has feats only around wall to small building level. Speedwise you're not going to get much more than dodging a single gunshot. I'm not even trying to downplay here, look on any respect thread online and you're going to almost exclusively find that this is what the general power level of the cast is. Hell, there was even a period where VSB actually downgraded the verse due to all this (though they seem to have gone back on that :mjlol)

Yeah I know we don't really do things based on what's most consistent here (aside from comics for obvious reasons), but as the series progresses all those early feats are turning more and more into outlies by the day. At this point I'm just wondering: is RWBY ACTUALLY building level, even today? :pepesip

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
It's no secret that, in the context of vs debates, RWBY hasn't had it easy. Started out rather competent, with calcs putting it solidly at building level and hypersonic. Eventually more calcs started to spring up, and it gradually upgraded to MHS and MCB to town level. Then it turned out there was a lot of context missing/wrong math/other errors and it was reverted back to building level and only just reaching double digit hypersonic.

This was all during the first three volumes. Out of what is about to be nine, and a confirmed tenth volume after that.

Not only do these feats currently make up only a third of the total series, but there are practically no other feats of those levels to be found in later volumes. For the majority of the series it actually has feats only around wall to small building level. Speedwise you're not going to get much more than dodging a single gunshot. I'm not even trying to downplay here, look on any respect thread online and you're going to almost exclusively find that this is what the general power level of the cast is. Hell, there was even a period where VSB actually downgraded the verse due to all this (though they seem to have gone back on that :mjlol)

Yeah I know we don't really do things based on what's most consistent here (aside from comics for obvious reasons), but as the series progresses all those early feats are turning more and more into outlies by the day. At this point I'm just wondering: is RWBY ACTUALLY building level, even today? :pepesip
The simple answer from me is, no. No, they are not. :mjlol There's too many feats going against the rating at this point(and some REALLY bad ones at that. Blake getting one-shot by a Beowulf anyone?) the verse is, at this point, deserving of a downgrade, I'd say.

No joke? No, they aren't even Building level.

Yes, you can say Volume 1-3 exists but here's the problem with that: It's literally nothing but Anti-Feats the whole way down that no one really scales to at all and it actually sticks. So yeah, I fully agree that it should be downgraded further because are they even Anti-Feats anymore?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
From what I vaguely remember (I saw Volume 8 like a year ago lmao)... No.
Not even close :mjlol

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
devils advocate though i think the first 3 vol feats are fine

plenty of series have bursts of showings and nothing afterwards matching it. Star Platinum never does anything close to city block bustinf again after part 3 for example

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Their creator died mid series and a bunch of jokers took over, it's not surprising it went downhill

But no, there's no real reason to change it unless they straight up retcon the first 3 volumes (which considering the jokers in charge, actually remains a possibility), but until then they just remain where they are

devils advocate though i think the first 3 vol feats are fine

plenty of series have bursts of showings and nothing afterwards matching it. Star Platinum never does anything close to city block bustinf again after part 3 for example

1. We know the First 3 Volumes are fine, that's what we constantly use... the problem is that we can't stay on that constantly because

2. Star Platinum doesn't need to constantly be CB-MCB for his feats to stay that way throughout the rest of the parts because the scaling still works for every other character and thus him. RWBY has this exact opposite problem where outside of the Gods, people suddenly gain and lose power depending on the plot. Including Salem or the Best Hunters in Atlas, The Ace-Ops. It's like seeing DIO and Jotaro do their feats in the OVA... but the rest of the series have them struggling against Cars and thrown rocks.

Maddie

Acclaimed
At this point RWBY volumes 1-3 and 4-9 are basically different shows and could have separate keys/profiles period. One for volumes 1-3 + manga(?), other for Miles and Kerry. No reason to shit on what Monty worked on by acting like what he spent his time animating didn't exist, instead make it two separate pages. Like how Disney/Legends is split.

At this point RWBY volumes 1-3 and 4-9 are basically different shows and could have separate keys/profiles period. One for volumes 1-3 + manga(?), other for Miles and Kerry. No reason to shit on what Monty worked on by acting like what he spent his time animating didn't exist, instead make it two separate pages. Like how Disney/Legends is split.

Or Naruto and Boruto.
Again, we aren't going to downplay the entirety of RWBY to spite Monty, it's obvious as hell we will do the split.
The problem is that it's kinda too damn hard to basically keep Volume 1-3 feats together with Volume 4-9 and think that it'll somehow swing back to how it was before when we know it won't and then some.

Proto234

Distinguished
Is it really that bad though? RWBY' feats I mean.
Now, I don't know much about RWBY since I only know them from second hand sources, but even comics (and I'm sure things like DBZ, Fate, etc) have their low showings

Maddie

Acclaimed
Is it really that bad though? RWBY' feats I mean.
Now, I don't know much about RWBY since I only know them from second hand sources, but even comics (and I'm sure things like DBZ, Fate, etc) have their low showings
DBS occasionally throws a bone like with Broly vs Gogeta shattering dimensions. Toei seems to remember episode 12 exists more than Toyo and Toyo is th eonly one making content atm. That's the issue.

Comics tend to have had an upper trajectory with feats.

RWBY has been barren for 6 seasons now.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean I can understand if a series doesn't have a bunch of one type of feat. Dragon Ball ironically had very little planetbusting, and as previously mentioned Star Platinum only had his MCB feat once. But at least in those series it didn't feel like outliers, as everyone in Dragon Ball was stated to be able to destroy a planet, and Jojo has a few other feats that are on a similar level.

RWBY went from having its main building level feat back in Volume 1 and never anything like it again. To the point where in Vol 4-8, basic guys with guns are considered a threat to the protagonists. Shit, the most impressive thing to come from the Miles and Kerry era is the moon shit with the Brother Gods, and that sure as hell doesn't scale to anyone.

I mean I can understand if a series doesn't have a bunch of one type of feat. Dragon Ball ironically had very little planetbusting, and as previously mentioned Star Platinum only had his MCB feat once. But at least in those series it didn't feel like outliers, as everyone in Dragon Ball was stated to be able to destroy a planet, and Jojo has a few other feats that are on a similar level.

RWBY went from having its main building level feat back in Volume 1 and never anything like it again. To the point where in Vol 4-8, basic guys with guns are considered a threat to the protagonists. Shit, the most impressive thing to come from the Miles and Kerry era is the moon shit with the Brother Gods, and that sure as hell doesn't scale to anyone.

Even Salem and Ozma destroying a typical Castle isn't that impressive when against a far more inexperienced Oscar using Ozpin's powers caused her to scream in pain for a bit and barely kill or viciously maim some teenagers and she struggled against Hazel of all people who should never be able to match her as well as he did.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

thing is for jojo the other city block feats were from ripple users so that wouldn't even scale to anyone but Dio, although Jolyne meteor deflecting might've come out to cb levels, I forget

E

Example

Unconfirmed
There was that storm feat where Vernal tried to conjure up a stormcloud in that scene with Hazel & Cinder (Volume 5, Episode 9), although it was Raven as the Spring Maiden who performed the feat.

Cinder Fall's flames vaporizing through a couple layers of metal platform as well as the resulting hole formed is also a feat.

Vine's sacrifice barrier which managed to contain a bomb that could have destroyed Mantle if it was detonated is also a notable durability feat.

Despite the later seasons of RWBY displaying PIS all over the place, it also manages to include a couple of notable feats in there as well.
Keeping my stance on the validity of these feats btw

Last edited:
Back