• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Social?

How social are you all these days? And by social I'm not referring to cyber points or pals you can turn off with a button (touchscreen? the future man...) but the good old cursed but sadly still quite mandatory "hello fellow neighbour how are you this fine day, please answer me before another one of yous shows up" or the boss/friends/lovers sorts?

No judging here, this is a safe space, a sterile abstract cube of love and understanding, a womb not made of flesh but love and friendship, this is indeed where you belong and where you can excrete all your worries and negative thoughts for someone else to gobble up.

So if you think you're lonely or failing at the bug ridden game of life now is the time to let out your frustrations.

For me? I'm not a lone wolf nor an eusocial isopteran but rather I try to fit wherever there's a crack 🪲

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i'm pretty social though not as much anymore due to being a lot busier in general. weekends are usually when i'm around people other than roommates.

i love clubbing and hitting up parties. back in the day i had some friends that were dorming in a college town, so i was hitting up parties almost every week. shit was fucking grimey tbh but those were fun times

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I mostly socialize at work. I don't like Miami though so I don't care to go out.

I'll socialize with strangers at a bar, people in places I visit regularly, etc.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I only recently started to socialize outside of the Internet; my soul has been closed for business for a long time now and I am slowly opening back up again. I must be weary though as I know my enemies are lurking in the distance :ral

I must be weary though as I know my enemies are lurking in the distance :ral
16e4c3b99ff24e8b932bdb85ac074ce7dd842bdc.gifv

• Skully
Reactions: Ral

Some Schlub

Preeminent
Oh, just the bare minimum.
Pleasant short conversations, and random blurbs. And that's pretty much it.

I don't get invited to things, and I dont expect to be. /shrug

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
My immediate family and what's left of my extended family, Dragon Ball Forums and One Last Forum, and my job are my only means of communication. I might go to a Church with my brother one day though.

RÆM

Distinguished
Lone wolf right now.
I should have partied more before this pandemic era. 😒

I'm uh introvert, but I do enjoy meeting nice new people and hearing their stories or whatever. Understanding what makes them tick.
Traveling to new faraway places.

The mimic :.)

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I used to be extremely social but most of my friends got married and had kids and my social circle dwindled massively. Even when I do see those friends it doesn't feel the same, I dunno.

It's not quite so fun being a rolling stone in your mid 30s. I do really miss having a crowd of friends, parties, just having people around me. I feel charged up by it, in my element. Even outside of a crowd one of my favourite things to do is meet someone new, find out about them, what makes them tick all that.

The pandemic has absolutely created a sense of isolation in my life I basically spend a lot of time alone RN unless i'm at the gym or training MMA (which is quite social actually but it's not the same in that setting). It is what is is, i'd like to go travelling again at some point I tend to meet a lot of people that way.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
not in my 30s yet but it certainly is an odd feeling seeing people you know get married one by one. i'm happy for them of course, but still

I used to be extremely social but most of my friends got married and had kids and my social circle dwindled massively. Even when I do see those friends it doesn't feel the same, I dunno.

It's not quite so fun being a rolling stone in your mid 30s. I do really miss having a crowd of friends, parties, just having people around me. I feel charged up by it, in my element. Even outside of a crowd one of my favourite things to do is meet someone new, find out about them, what makes them tick all that.

The pandemic has absolutely created a sense of isolation in my life I basically spend a lot of time alone RN unless i'm at the gym or training MMA (which is quite social actually but it's not the same in that setting). It is what is is, i'd like to go travelling again at some point I tend to meet a lot of people that way.
not in my 30s yet but it certainly is an odd feeling seeing people you know get married one by one. i'm happy for them of course, but still
I mean at least you still see them, all my high school friends are abroad minus a few and those few rather not dwell in the past. Funny enough I agree with them on this, that's part of the reason I don't even log into facebook anymore, and yes fb is an official and quite desirable platform here for friends to keep track post-graduation, in fact they added me in a group meant to share pics, vids and all sorts of backed up memories of our high school years, but I wonder what is the point? Don't get me wrong I was one of the people who didn't even want to think of the day me and all my pals will drift apart but that's reality. Childhood friendships suffer the most seeing how we all change way too much when we are finally adults and whatever bonds held these friendships together slowly eroded away.

I'm 31 right now going for 32 in a month and what I can say is I will never have the same amount or quality of friendships I had throughout my childhood up to university days, I always had someone next to me, I always had a brother not just a friend. I've seen what true bond between two friends can be but I shouldn't hope for that reappear nor should I feel sad it went away, I have the memories of both the people and our adventures and even if these people changed now for the better or worse the memories never will.

RÆM

Distinguished

Yeah for real.

Think my one regret is not having a kid to hang out with that cousin I've been friends with since childhood. His kid is 8 now. So would be cool to have my kid hangout with his, like when the two of us hanged out as kid. We live in the same town atm.

But eh he is going through a divorce now or whatever with his wife. So I'm glad I don't experience that..... and his older bro having a divorce too.

My other friends from school are all far away since I met them out of state. The few good ones I have in my hometown moved to like New York lol. One from middleschool and one from highschool.

So bah.

MMA is awesome btw, I want to get into that Brazilian jujitsu shit.

(Oh on the kid thing, teaching at a school for a bit made me realize I have good uh parental instincts. LOL. Embarassing I know most of all the little stupid shit they are into nowadays. )

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
funny enough, everyone i talk to now is post-high school. i don't really miss anyone from my teen years

Delta Shell

Preeminent
funny enough, everyone i talk to now is post-high school. i don't really miss anyone from my teen years
Same.

Most of the friends I'm talking about are University or work onwards. I only have one friend I still stay in real life contact with from school.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
Yeah for real.

Think my one regret is not having a kid to hang out with that cousin I've been friends with since childhood. His kid is 8 now. So would be cool to have my kid hangout with his, like when the two of us hanged out as kid. We live in the same town atm.

But eh he is going through a divorce now or whatever with his wife. So I'm glad I don't experience that..... and his older bro having a divorce too.

My other friends from school are all far away since I met them out of state. The few good ones I have in my hometown moved to like New York lol. One from middleschool and one from highschool.

So bah.

MMA is awesome btw, I want to get into that Brazilian jujitsu shit.

(Oh on the kid thing, teaching at a school for a bit made me realize I have good uh parental instincts. LOL. Embarassing I know most of all the little stupid shit they are into nowadays. )
BJJ is awesome man. Please let me know when you start bro. I'm focusing on it more now than I used to as I get older and less full MMA (these bones can't take the beating as often).
It's super addictive because it's the closest thing in real life to living in a shonen anime/manga.

You have a protagonist (you). A zany cast of characters (the club regulars in all shapes, sizes and personalities) and most importantly a clearly defined power structure and tiers that you have to progress. It's great and it's up to you whether you participate in tournament arcs or not.

I'm no longer the protagonist but I'm like the somewhat over the hill mid tier guy that offers encouragement to newbies. Like Iruka sensei (well he's not mid tier he's a scrub but so am I).

Back