Spider-Man vs DIO

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Or more accurately: how would Spider-Sense interact with The World? Since that's ultimately what this comes down to. 🤔

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Does Peter have feats of reacting against time manipulation?

lmao

bnSjqqo.jpg

comic's peter spider sense can react to space/time shenanigans across dimensions even, what's dio gonna do here except from getting cui'd in this fight?

lmao

peter wins, easily

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
lmao

bnSjqqo.jpg

comic's peter spider sense can react to space/time shenanigans across dimensions even, what's dio gonna do here except from getting cui'd in this fight?

lmao

peter wins, easily

Well, shit. Can't say I expected Spider-Sense to be that effective.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Unless he starts with full knowledge Dio's win condition is much harder than Peter's

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
I'm confused about how this helps Pete at all. How does knowing time is about to stop let him do anything about it?

Spider-Sense: "Something bad is about to happen!"
Pete: "Oh no!"
Time: *Stops*
Dio: *Impales Pete's skull*
Time: *Restarts*
Pete: *Dies*

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
I'm confused about how this helps Pete at all. How does knowing time is about to stop let him do anything about it?

Spider-Sense: "Something bad is about to happen!"
Pete: "Oh no!"
Time: *Stops*
Dio: *Impales Pete's skull*
Time: *Restarts*
Pete: *Dies*
Except Peter’s taken heavier hits from characters stronger than Dio. Hell, Dio’s technically not even the strongest Vampire he’s fought considering Morbius and Morlun. Stopped time or not he’s not getting oneshotted. And conversely Spider-Man can rip Dio’s head off with Mark of Kaine just fine considering it could tear off the body-plate of an Iron-man suit
3869365--049.jpg

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
Spider-Man can rip Dio’s head off with Mark of Kaine just fine considering it could tear off the body-plate of an Iron-man suit.
This isn't consistent, is it?

I ask because it never fails to be mentioned but I've never once seen it corroborated. Been the better part of a decade. And this all I ever see when hearing about Spidey being beyond city+.

From what I can tell, Pete generally sits around MCB+ and has some high damage soak. I have a hard time seeing him walking away alive after being left completely prone with an MCB+, lightspeed vampire for 9 seconds. I don't think Pete consistently takes hits of this level with no damage. Death by a thousand paper cuts seems like a real possibility.

As long as DIO can draw blood, a time stop should be a win. Worst case scenario, he can just open all of Pete's arteries. Or drink him dry.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member

I ask because it never fails to be mentioned but I've never once seen it corroborated. Been the better part of a decade. And this all I ever see when hearing about Spidey being beyond city+.

From what I can tell, Pete generally sits around MCB+ and has some high damage soak. I have a hard time seeing him walking away alive after being left completely prone with an MCB+, lightspeed vampire for 9 seconds. I don't think Pete consistently takes hits of this level with no damage. Death by a thousand paper cuts seems like a real possibility.

As long as DIO can draw blood, a time stop should be a win. Worst case scenario, he can just open all of Pete's arteries. Or drink him dry.
Actually we have his DC/Durability outside of Mark of Kaine at small town level+

OBD wiki may not be up to date but unless there’s been a downgrade I missed he shouldn’t be any weaker than that.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
bWs6Zf9.jpg
EU9McLdXQAEB8PZ.jpg

It's completely consistent.

The entire point of Kaine as the Scarlet Spider is that he's Spiderman without the responsibility, without the moral qualms, he has no issue having to kill or mangle someone to get the job done.

Peter isn't the Punisher, of course this isn't an ability he would utilize all the time, but he is completely capable of doing so.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Actually we have his DC/Durability outside of Mark of Kaine at small town level+

OBD wiki may not be up to date but unless there’s been a downgrade I missed he shouldn’t be any weaker than that.

we fixed the comic profiles, like 2 months ago, so recent they are

not to mention, that small town level+ is a very low-end version, with recent convos we had, most chars of that tier are at least town level+, especially the likes of peter

Edward Nygma

Illustrious

j6hu8vH.png

Haha, easily Town+ level's.

"Enduring as his bones crack". Endurance = damage soak =/= durability.

I mentioned his high damage soak, specifically. And I clearly stated that I thought DIO's best win condition was contingent on him being able to draw blood from Pete. If town+ breaks his bones, I'm not convinced DIO (MCB+ superhuman) can't puncture his skin. That's all he has to be able to do in order to take the win. If he can reach Pete's blood while in timestop, it's GG.

It's completely consistent.

The entire point of Kaine as the Scarlet Spider is that he's Spiderman without the responsibility, without the moral qualms, he has no issue having to kill or mangle someone to get the job done.

Peter isn't the Punisher, of course this isn't an ability he would utilize all the time, but he is completely capable of doing so.
I wasn't asking about the consistency of his behavior, I was asking about his power output. The wiki lists ripping Tony's armor off as a country level+ feat. I don't know who that chick is, but since when is a symbiote's bond to its host country level? Is that a result of the recent symbiote arcs with Knull and shit?

----

More generally, how the fuck does Pete have such drastically different numbers for his durability than for his max DC? Pete's stickiness works just like a real-life arachnid, insect, or lizard. However much force got applied to Tony's armor in that feat also got applied to Pete's hands; his skin mostly.

This kinda feels like fanboys wanting to have their cake and eat it too. Nobody is dumb enough to think they can support a consistently country+ Pete. But that armor-tearing feat is the gold bars in some debaters' personal spank-banks. They'll never nut again if it can't be used at all. So, a purely physical feat that Pete can do at any time is now an activated technique that only impacts his DC...cause, reasons?

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
That's not what is said, and his bones only start to snap by the third panel, yet he's still holding Sin Eater Juggernaut's arm back for a moment before that, and even after.
If town+ breaks his bones, I'm not convinced DIO (MCB+ superhuman) can't puncture his skin. That's all he has to be able to do in order to take the win. If he can reach Pete's blood while in timestop, it's GG.
Juggernaut isn't a town level character, and Sin Eater copied his powers directly from Juggernaut's unconscious body, and Peter was able to restrain his arm for several moments.

Don't act ignorant, you know the level these characters are at, if Peter can restrain one arm of the Juggernaut, with his body being used to push down on him, he can and will rip Dio's head off.
wasn't asking about the consistency of his behavior, I was asking about his power output. The wiki lists ripping Tony's armor off as a country level+ feat.
Nothing contradicts him being able to rip off that body plate, nothing has ever resisted Pete's mark of Kaine, does this mean he can rip off anyone's skin? No, but it doesn't mean you get to attach imaginary arbitrary limits to his abilities or call outlier because you don't like it or the sample size.
but since when is a symbiote's bond to its host country level? Is that a result of the recent symbiote arcs with Null and shit?
That scan is meant to show the difference between Pete and Kaine, and why he doesn't use it as often as Kaine does, because he doesn't want to kill or disfigure people generally, too bad he doesn't have that qualm here.
More generally, how the fuck does Pete have such drastically different numbers for his durability than for his max DC? Pete's stickiness works just like a real-life arachnid, insect, or lizard. However much force got applied to Tony's armor in that feat also got applied to Pete's hands; his skin mostly.
It's comics, trying to apply physics to a fictional character who got his abilities from a magic spider biting him, let alone an entire multiverse where Deadpool can kill Galactus with puppets isn't going to work here, sorry.

And Spiderman has more than enough damage soak to face-tank whatever Dio throws at him.

Hopefully i don't have to educate you on Morlun's feats, or him tanking every missile and piece of artillery in Wakanda.
5489691-12.jpg
5489692-13.jpg

Nobody is dumb enough to think they can support a consistently country+ Pete. But that armor-tearing feat is the gold bars in some debaters' personal spank-banks.
No one here is saying Peter can punch out Iron Fist, no one here is saying Peter can tank attacks from the Thing, because that isn't how that ability works, but you really wanna make that correlation and try to apply real world physics to fictional superhumans, because then you would be able to invalidate it, sadly you can't.
So, a purely physical feat that Pete can do at any time is now an activated technique that only impacts his DC...cause, reasons?
It's not an activated ability, quit making shit up, no one said that. He just doesn't want to use it much, again, because he doesn't like killing or disfiguring people.

What is true, is that it only affects his DC because that's all it's ever been shown to affect, the properties of his stickiness obviously function differently from a real-world spider, no matter how much you want to say otherwise.

It's not like Peter fighting Tony is something new anyways.
iQTG24g.jpg

Another at least Town level+ feat Dio can't contend with.
:mjlol

So, when you come back, come with some scans, because right now you look like a whiny piss baby crying because he won't get what he wants.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I mentioned his high damage soak, specifically. And I clearly stated that I thought DIO's best win condition was contingent on him being able to draw blood from Pete. If town+ breaks his bones, I'm not convinced DIO (MCB+ superhuman) can't puncture his skin. That's all he has to be able to do in order to take the win. If he can reach Pete's blood while in timestop, it's GG.

The fact that he wasn't reduced to paste immediately is a durability feat in an of itself. Also, I'm pretty sure DIO should be town level during timestop via accumulated damage.

I wasn't asking about the consistency of his behavior, I was asking about his power output. The wiki lists ripping Tony's armor off as a country level+ feat. I don't know who that chick is, but since when is a symbiote's bond to its host country level? Is that a result of the recent symbiote arcs with Knull and shit?

----

Mark of Kaine =/= lifting strength. It's explicitly him using his wall-crawling ability offensively, which is an entirely different beast from him just pulling on something.

Ce3NykP.png

qbY4uiG.jpg

3PN0MiD.jpg

None of those had anything to do with his physical strength.

This kinda feels like fanboys wanting to have their cake and eat it too. Nobody is dumb enough to think they can support a consistently country+ Pete. But that armor-tearing feat is the gold bars in some debaters' personal spank-banks. They'll never nut again if it can't be used at all. So, a purely physical feat that Pete can do at any time is now an activated technique that only impacts his DC...cause, reasons?

Normally I'd actually agree with you, but Peter's a weird case since he's a street leveller who consistently has a lot of really high-end feats. As in, way more than any other character. This isn't unique to just Pete, either, because a lot of his rogues' gallery tend to at least do pretty well against most metahuman-level characters, and it's established multiple times that if Peter is more than capable of stomping all of them if he really gave a shit. In all honesty you could make the argument that Peter's on the same level of tier. He just hangs out with the small fries is all.

That being said I'm not buying a consistently country+ Peter either. Maybe on VSBW :mjlol

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
That's not what is said, and his bones only start to snap by the third panel, yet he's still holding Sin Eater Juggernaut's arm back for a moment before that, and even after.

Juggernaut isn't a town level character, and Sin Eater copied his powers directly from Juggernaut's unconscious body, and Peter was able to restrain his arm for several moments.

Don't act ignorant, you know the level these characters are at, if Peter can restrain one arm of the Juggernaut, with his body being used to push down on him, he can and will rip Dio's head off.

Nothing contradicts him being able to rip off that body plate, nothing has ever resisted Pete's mark of Kaine, does this mean he can rip off anyone's skin? No, but it doesn't mean you get to attach imaginary arbitrary limits to his abilities or call outlier because you don't like it or the sample size.

That scan is meant to show the difference between Pete and Kaine, and why he doesn't use it as often as Kaine does, because he doesn't want to kill or disfigure people generally, too bad he doesn't have that qualm here.

It's comics, trying to apply physics to a fictional character who got his abilities from a magic spider biting him, let alone an entire multiverse where Deadpool can kill Galactus with puppets isn't going to work here, sorry.

And Spiderman has more than enough damage soak to face-tank whatever Dio throws at him.

Hopefully i don't have to educate you on Morlun's feats, or him tanking every missile and piece of artillery in Wakanda.
5489691-12.jpg
5489692-13.jpg

No one here is saying Peter can punch out Iron Fist, no one here is saying Peter can tank attacks from the Thing, because that isn't how that ability works, but you really wanna make that correlation and try to apply real world physics to fictional superhumans, because then you would be able to invalidate it, sadly you can't.

It's not an activated ability, quit making shit up, no one said that. He just doesn't want to use it much, again, because he doesn't like killing or disfiguring people.

What is true, is that it only affects his DC because that's all it's ever been shown to affect, the properties of his stickiness obviously function differently from a real-world spider, no matter how much you want to say otherwise.

It's not like Peter fighting Tony is something new anyways.
iQTG24g.jpg

Another at least Town level+ feat Dio can't contend with.
:mjlol

So, when you come back, come with some scans, because right now you look like a whiny piss baby crying because he won't get what he wants.

Man, reading through that Morlun fight reminded of me how Pete won against Phoenix empowered Colossus and Magik in AvX. That Parker grit and wit always coming in for the clutch
bury.png

Back