Sword World RPG Feats and Lore General

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
gtNaDIB.png

Sword World is a Japanese TTRPG created by Group SNE. It is one of the most popular tabletop games in Japan, selling over 10 million copies of rulebooks, light novels, and replays (basically campaigns and game sessions turned into novels).

Sword World was first published in 1989, as an RPG supplement for Record of Lodoss War. Originally Lodoss was planned on becoming an official setting for Dungeons & Dragons, but the pitch was turned down by TSR, and Sword World was born. The first edition, Sword World 1.0, features the world of Forcelia, which contains the lands of Lodoss, Crystania (of Legend of Crystania), and Alecrast (of Rune Soldier). The second edition, Sword World 2.0, was released in 2008 and has an entirely new setting in the form of Raxia, and Sword World 2.5 released in 2018 was a ten-year anniversary revision of the rules.

Although none of the editions have ever been released outside Japan, there are translations that exist, though mostly for SW 2.0. Because of this, I will mostly be posting stuff from SW 2.0, but expect stuff from other related material and series as well.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The planet known as Raxia was created by the three Swords of Creation.
sVTHEjU.png

The Beast King and the rest of the barbarous split the continents apart, the former likely with the use of the Second Sword of Creation, Ignis.
GzmCAN5.png

Lyphos, the God of Creation, is said to the be King of Gods, and the Supreme God of the Earth. Lyphos also created many of the other gods of the world by splitting his own power. Said power was given to him by the First Sword of Creation, Lumiere.
EUnlYeM.png

NGS4uUS.png

One of the other gods of Raxia is Tidan, God of the Sun. One of the spells that Tidan grants to Priests is Daybreak, which creates a small sun.
4pYtyu7.png

aQvFRXs.png

One of the spells granted to priests of Sien, Goddess of the Moon, creates small stars.
W9xGzvb.png

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
DOOM units are magitech robots armed with machine guns, cannons, and anti-personnel missiles. Characters can dodge these, by the way.
cd0DlMs.png

h4bcm1K.png

Even the less powerful GAR-UI, which are just for security, can transform their hands into guns.
qaCpyTW.png

Barringers are magitech robots designed to supply power to other constructs, and are capable of attacking with electricity.
XTRWrXp.png

l6epWmB.png

Artificers can create special bullets that allow guns to fire lasers, which are even stated as being light. By using mana, they can even bend the lasers.
T3YYNTl.png

lxLfNEi.png

Fairy Tamers are capable of creating earthquakes and tornados.
Qw0oWXa.png

Record of Lodoss War Stuff

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
During the final battle of the War of the Gods, Marfa and Kardis fought, splitting the continent in the process.

Orson is capable of creating a large hole in the ground with a single swing of his sword, shortly before creating a larger hole within the side of a cliff.
xwp7l81.png

ziqE8dY.png

Wagnard manages to cover the area within clouds when he appears, and can be seen in the distance.
BcEwOCm.png

YaeihIJ.png

c7OgHgp.png

While fighting Parn and Deedlit, Wagnard raises a large amount of rock into the sky.
BSjAwez.png

Z8J3Lvd.png

Back