Thanks from me

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I was gonna post this in the convo but it got to long

I joined this forum in January 10, meaning that I haven't even been on this site for a full year (it feels way longer than that though). And when I did join it was only because I had been banned from SB and was looking for other places to vs debate on.

I was expecting this site to be like SB, but got a face full of reality.

But I stuck through and realized how shit SB really is at powerscaling and other things.

But I also couldn't do it, without you guys. I know I was a moron when I first joined, and most of you here still see me as a moron.

But I like to think that I've taken @Xhominid the Fool and @Type-Rey's words of actually researching more to heart.

SpaceBattles was the first forum I've ever joined, and I initially joined for the creative writing section, but found out about vs debates and got swept into it.

I joined the SB hugbox and thought that all other sites were shit, until I got banned and found this place.

Now truthfully this place feels way more inclusive and open than sb.

On SB everything you post or do on the site has to be done with some thought so you aren't breaking any rules, and due to its culture you never really feel free, since you always have to worry about double-posting, curse words, mods etc.

But here its different.

I know it's kind weird to call people you've never actually met friends. But that's how I feel about this place, I can actually talk about random ass things or just meme a lot cause I'm in that mood. Stuff that would get an infraction on SB.

As for Vs Debating, I don't think I've actually changed much, I was always a fan using higher interpretations of characters, @Xhominid the Fool knows about my attempt to argue planet-level Chaos Tide on SB even before I joined this place, in fact, he gave me the link to Chaos's blog.

Or when I argued country level Karna on FN cause I realized I could get away with it. (before learning they were actually much higher than that.)

It's just that SB is shit and slaps it down and alienates you for it, especially with the rampant misinformation actually going on there.

I also admit that I was and I'm a bitch with the 36 mph per hour electro lightning thing argued(I obviously don't believe that now though), and all the toaru sperging I do which I will not take back(though I stopped debating toaru so I don't start sperging again)

But I stayed on this place, took Xhom's and Rey's advice of doing my research and not taking things personally and became a part of this place.

So just wanted to say, thanks for sticking with me throughout this year.

And hopefully we'll be together in the next one,

Happy 2023 soon guys.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
for a sec, i thought this nig was leaving, and was gonna say goodbye to us, cuz i did pranks like those for years, and i was like, meh, not that time yet :wow

you still a noob but you have improved, compared to when you first joined here and you were full sb levels

if

you keep it up, you gonna become even better

and

yeah

may 2023 be a better year to all of us, at all aspects

When you make @Blade feel for an instant you are leaving too soon, that speaks volumes about your progression.

I remember the first time I seen you on SB... you was basically like everyone else there. Who knew that you can get such a massive turnaround in basically a year?
So I do thank you for the props and I will also thank you for ultimately growing into such a fine person and keep up the good work.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I ain't the best with this sort of thing, but great to see that you've fit in and all, and hope you have even more fun times ahead on this forum in the future.

And hey, your beginning here wasn't all that bad. When I finally stopped being a lurker on OBD, right before this site started pulling in, I was so tired when I made my account and started posting that I made an ass of myself initially, so much so that @Uoruk legit thought I was the dupe of an idiot on the site. Compared to that, you didn't start too bad on the wrong foot. You just needed a little hand with debating, is all. :mjpls

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Although I am not very active on this side of the forum, I do actively keep mental tabs on everyone, and from what I have gathered, you have grown a ton since first joining here. I wanted to create a forum that signified all the effort I put into my past failed projects, but more focused on bringing groups here, as those tend to survive through all forum droughts. I thank my fellow staff members, yourself, and the rest of OBD for making my home grow much bigger than I had originally anticipated. What started off as a war between forums ended up being the most successful forum I've had the pleasure of running since I first started my own journey many moons ago. This place will continue to signify everlasting freedom for the most part given the crazies we've have to deal with swiftly to keep this place afloat, so here is to more growth @Thegoldenboy2188 and all you've accomplished this year and what's to come next year clark

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I ain't the best with this sort of thing, but great to see that you've fit in and all, and hope you have even more fun times ahead on this forum in the future.

And hey, your beginning here wasn't all that bad. When I finally stopped being a lurker on OBD, right before this site started pulling in, I was so tired when I made my account and started posting that I made an ass of myself initially, so much so that @Uoruk legit thought I was the dupe of an idiot on the site. Compared to that, you didn't start too bad on the wrong foot. You just needed a little hand with debating, is all. :mjpls

GM (God Movement) apparently had people mad af when he joined and slowly became one of the OBD's best contributors. Alita54 was literally just ctype (super whiny naruto fan boy) with a name change but over the years he became one of the more rational individuals in post 2012 OBD. The fact that the convo has occasion toaru discussion that isn't just mocking it into the dirt is proof of how much the community has accepted him and a few other new comers.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
GM (God Movement) apparently had people mad af when he joined and slowly became one of the OBD's best contributors. Alita54 was literally just ctype (super whiny naruto fan boy) with a name change but over the years he became one of the more rational individuals in post 2012 OBD. The fact that the convo has occasion toaru discussion that isn't just mocking it into the dirt is proof of how much the community has accepted him and a few other new comers.
:yousmart Agreed.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Are these lads here? If not, why aren't they here yet?? :lit

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
kurou said it better than I could

you’re doing well bruh

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Thanks guys, I was initially unsure how about posting this

cause I didn't want people to think I was farming for sympathy.

But I would feel bad if I didn't do something like this so

thanks again for accepting me despite my toaru sperging and other faults:catfeels

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
When you make @Blade feel for an instant you are leaving too soon, that speaks volumes about your progression.

actually, let me translate that, cuz your own google translator gave you this as interpretation of what i meant, what i meant was

i thought he was leaving and one noob less for the o bee dee, but as a humble mc, i tried my best to be gentle and tell him some good words :wow :mjlol

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Although I am not very active on this side of the forum, I do actively keep mental tabs on everyone, and from what I have gathered, you have grown a ton since first joining here. I wanted to create a forum that signified all the effort I put into my past failed projects, but more focused on bringing groups here, as those tend to survive through all forum droughts. I thank my fellow staff members, yourself, and the rest of OBD for making my home grow much bigger than I had originally anticipated. What started off as a war between forums ended up being the most successful forum I've had the pleasure of running since I first started my own journey many moons ago. This place will continue to signify everlasting freedom for the most part given the crazies we've have to deal with swiftly to keep this place afloat, so here is to more growth @Thegoldenboy2188 and all you've accomplished this year and what's to come next year clark

spoken like a true

olf jarvis :mjpls compared to jffxx's walmart ultron :mjpls

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I was gonna post this in the convo but it got to long

I joined this forum in January 10, meaning that I haven't even been on this site for a full year (it feels way longer than that though). And when I did join it was only because I had been banned from SB and was looking for other places to vs debate on.

I was expecting this site to be like SB, but got a face full of reality.

But I stuck through and realized how shit SB really is at powerscaling and other things.

But I also couldn't do it, without you guys. I know I was a moron when I first joined, and most of you here still see me as a moron.

But I like to think that I've taken @Xhominid the Fool and @Type-Rey's words of actually researching more to heart.

SpaceBattles was the first forum I've ever joined, and I initially joined for the creative writing section, but found out about vs debates and got swept into it.

I joined the SB hugbox and thought that all other sites were shit, until I got banned and found this place.

Now truthfully this place feels way more inclusive and open than sb.

On SB everything you post or do on the site has to be done with some thought so you aren't breaking any rules, and due to its culture you never really feel free, since you always have to worry about double-posting, curse words, mods etc.

But here its different.

I know it's kind weird to call people you've never actually met friends. But that's how I feel about this place, I can actually talk about random ass things or just meme a lot cause I'm in that mood. Stuff that would get an infraction on SB.

As for Vs Debating, I don't think I've actually changed much, I was always a fan using higher interpretations of characters, @Xhominid the Fool knows about my attempt to argue planet-level Chaos Tide on SB even before I joined this place, in fact, he gave me the link to Chaos's blog.

Or when I argued country level Karna on FN cause I realized I could get away with it. (before learning they were actually much higher than that.)

It's just that SB is shit and slaps it down and alienates you for it, especially with the rampant misinformation actually going on there.

I also admit that I was and I'm a bitch with the 36 mph per hour electro lightning thing argued(I obviously don't believe that now though), and all the toaru sperging I do which I will not take back(though I stopped debating toaru so I don't start sperging again)

But I stayed on this place, took Xhom's and Rey's advice of doing my research and not taking things personally and became a part of this place.

So just wanted to say, thanks for sticking with me throughout this year.

And hopefully we'll be together in the next one,

Happy 2023 soon guys.
You mean you stopped debating To Aru until the respect thread is finished in 2028? :mjpls

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
GM stopped posting regularly in the OBD years ago and barely shows up. Alita wasn't the convo type
He’s more active on the DB section…occasionally nowadays

Vegeta Corp was going strong for a while and he was our CEO before the DBS anime ended :pepohug

Back