VS Battle The Aetherials (Grim Dawn) invade MHA Earth

sir_fire

Distinguished
Can superpowers and superheroics be able to defeat evil magical space zombie ghosts?

cory-trego-erdner-gd-shot09-rough05.jpg

My-Hero-Academia-Season-5-Opening-Full-Cast.jpg

Scenario 1: The Aetherials unexpectedly arrive and without prep

Scenario 2: The Aetherials infiltrate. Possessing and bribing and assassinating their way into every critical facet of society to facilitate its total collapse the moment they unveil themselves.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
To the detriment of the invaders as they aren't used to hosts with such... Low mental capacity.
Without a doubt.

Anyway, besides the obvious, the Aetherials were servants of the primordial gods and have a direct beeline to the Aether. Which is also why the player character got access to it after their possession.

The Aether itself is one of the two most powerful forces in the universe. The other being the Void. Both of which are drawn on by the gods. Ascendant and primordial alike.

They possessed a few prominent people but I am not sure where exactly to pin them. There's a few Archmages in their number, and even one Ascendant.

However, I imagine they won't have them in scenario two. In scenario one they would steamroll the whole universe.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Without a doubt.

Anyway, besides the obvious, the Aetherials were servants of the primordial gods and have a direct beeline to the Aether. Which is also why the player character got access to it after their possession.

The Aether itself is one of the two most powerful forces in the universe. The other being the Void. Both of which are drawn on by the gods. Ascendant and primordial alike.

They possessed a few prominent people but I am not sure where exactly to pin them. There's a few Archmages in their number, and even one Ascendant.

However, I imagine they won't have them in scenario two. In scenario one they would steamroll the whole universe.
I'd assume anyone they possess becomes an arcanist due to their bodies becoming a conduit for aether energy.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I'd assume anyone they possess becomes an arcanist due to their bodies becoming a conduit for aether energy.
Probably, but there's a big gulf between beginners and archmages. Hard to pin how powerful they could be. They were used in the war between the gods as soldiers though. They also destroyed and created different iterations of "creation." This could be either other worlds besides Cairn, or other universes. Hard to say.

"We were the servants of the primordial gods, but when our makers grew jealous of one another, we became soldiers in a cataclysmic war. Countless creations were eradicated by the ensuing conflict, countless millennia of our work erased in a flicker of godly anger. But none of that compared to the day one side chose to harness the darkness of the void in a desperate bid for victory. The results were catastrophic and our masters were cut down or scattered to the far reaches of creation. And we, the most loyal servants, were banished to the Aether for the simple crime of serving without question. There, stripped of our physical forms, we were forced to wander the emptiness of the stars for all eternity, the scars inflicted upon us by the void's minions still burning deep. That is until we encountered humans..."

- Anasteria

Back