The Calc Request Thread

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Saw we didn't have one here yet and thought I'd make it myself.

Want a scan or video from a piece of media looked at for what speed, destructive capacity, range, etc... can be derived from it? this is the place to ask about that.

Last edited:

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
And to christen the thread i'll make the first request myself reposting a request I made on the other forum

I would like to see two feats from a series called Orient get calced.

Here's the first one

9-615c3f9669a49.jpg

What's being cut is a hollowed out mountain on an island which we can get an above view of from here
11-614d8416c4bf5.jpg

and an explanation of it being hollowed out from here
12-614d8417631b7.jpg

And here is the second one

8-615c3fabb35bd.jpg

We get an explanation and a zoomed out view showing the attack reaches all the way from Awaji Island to the far shore of another landmass

9-615c3fac453e8.jpg
10-615c3facc3828.jpg

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i would like to see two feats from a series called Orient get calced.

Here's the first one

9-615c3f9669a49.jpg

What's being cut is a hollowed out mountain on an island which we can get an above view of from here
11-614d8416c4bf5.jpg

and an explanation of it being hollowed out from here
12-614d8417631b7.jpg

And here is the second one

8-615c3fabb35bd.jpg

We get an explanation and a zoomed out view showing the attack reaches all the way from Awaji Island to the far shore of another landmass

9-615c3fac453e8.jpg
10-615c3facc3828.jpg

def low island levels [at least]

Last edited:

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Can someone calc this feat from The Great Mage Returns After 4000 Years?
nEPSwBE.jpg

W3qyng4.jpg
It kinda looks like a spatial slicing attack to me the way it’s drawn.

But I guess the “ridiculous strength” remark goes against that…

@Blade so what would you eyeball this at?

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member

But I guess the “ridiculous strength” remark goes against that…

@Blade so what would you eyeball this at?

at least country level+, but the insane part, is the massive dozen amount of km's of that space cutting slash range

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Well, Ricky does have the ability to cut through space to make portals so it could be that but...

The novel makes it sound like he did it with pure strength as well.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Said it somewhat as a joke but would being half of the energy needed to push away Jupiter sent flying at Earth at FTL speeds pushed by Satan back into orbit be equal to destroying a large planet?

Kinda actually want to know this.

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
Said it somewhat as a joke but would being half of the energy needed to push away Jupiter sent flying at Earth at FTL speeds pushed by Satan back into orbit be equal to destroying a large planet?

Kinda actually want to know this.

The OBD doesn't do KE calcs for anything FTL and higher because of how it breaks physics.

E

Example

Unconfirmed
The OBD doesn't do KE calcs for anything FTL and higher because of how it breaks physics.
Speaking of calculations that are faster than FTL, can't you just make the assumption that objects that move at FTL speeds are outside the boundaries of what can be calculated?

It would more or less be considered hax, pretty much.

So moving Jupiter at FTL speeds would be Large Planet level since Jupiter's actual size is around that level.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Can someone calc this feat from Beware Of Chicken?

He was the kind of man that couldn’t be reasoned with.

[Blood Arts: Strength of the Feast]

I felt the pulse from the man. Big D and Xiulan both screamed. I felt the grass wither. I felt the ugly, gaping void that he spawned.

And then the eruption of fire that threatened to consume both of them.

He was nothing but a rabid beast, wasn’t he? And every farmer knew what to do with one.

…No farmer ever enjoyed it.

I took a breath.

Do you want me to do it?

No. We’ll do it together.

Everything I had ever run away from. Every piece of cultivator bullshit, all in one person. Attacking my friends, my family. All of it was right here, culminating in this fucking asshole.

I clenched my fist, and felt something like approval. Small arms around my neck. Lips pressed to my forehead.

I stepped into the flames.

======================

Lu Ban’s attack was to be the end of it.

Instead, oil, blood and fire was dispersed like water droplets being shaken from a leaf.

Between the rooster and the woman, a man stood. A man whose face had haunted Lu Ban’s nightmares for the past year.

Lu Ban’s fingers spasmed. The rooster and the woman turned, looking up at the man.

Rou Jin.

His eyes were cold and hard.

Lu Ban had taken too long. He hadn’t managed to defeat them in time.

He swallowed as the summer breeze, once so gentle, became unbearably hot.

“One chance to surrender.” Rou Jin stated simply.

Lu Ban’s face twisted. At the confidence. At the assurance. At a man with power looking down at him again.

Lu Ban snarled as he concentrated. His defences were prepared. He could possibly escape. He couldn’t fight him now but—

Rou Jin brought back his fist and the world shuddered with anticipation. The earth stilled even as the heavens churned.

Thin, golden cracks appeared. First, they formed from his knuckles, branching out up his arm like a virulent weed, all the way to his shoulder. Something shattered and broken, repaired with gold.

His eyes were clear and pure, full of resolve.

Crushing. Suffocating. The very land itself was staring at him with disgust.

It was a simple punch. The simplest of punches. The foundation of all cultivators, the first thing all warriors learned. His stance was wide and stable. His fist chambered like it was from a training manual.

A technique to be practised and refined. Diligently studied and then abandoned, as a cultivator learned better and more powerful techniques.

Lu Ban did not pause to see what would happen.

He threw himself backwards as fast as his body could carry him.

But there was a whisper on the wind, a chanting sutra from ages long past filling his ears as the gold spread, forming behind Rou Jin.

‘And so the great Ancestor, Shennong, commanded his disciple in the ways of preparing the fields. Till the land. Cut down the trees. Divert the waters—’

[BREAK THE ROCKS]

Feet drew power from the Earth. Hips twisted to refine it in the Core. The Core stabilized and channeled energy to the Shoulder. Shoulder pulled back Arm to condense Qi. Arm lengthened to send forward a Fist.

The Fist became a Blow.

With all the weight of the world behind it.

Rou Jin swung.

Lu Ban was away. Far away, beyond the man’s reach.

But the fist did not have to hit him to strike him.

All five of Lu Ban’s talismans activated. Treasures that each could survive a blow from the power of one in the Earth Realm.

There was a sound like breaking glass as all the talismans attempted to save Lu Ban.

Attempted to.

The earth did not heave. The Heavens did not shatter. There was no devastation at all.

One moment, Lu Ban was a form in the air, and the next….

He was gone.

The birds chirped cheerily, the little devils. They were always far too happy this early in the morning.

Ganshi examined the heads of rice growing from his field. The harsh, rocky soil and altitude wasn’t the best for growing the crop, but this year, things seemed to be different.

They were much larger than he was expecting. How had they grown so tall since he last examined them? He had only looked at them last week!

Well, after that fight last night, when the entire village rumbled, it was something welcome! The chickens wouldn’t stop crowing; the fence around the cows had toppled, and the only reason the cows didn’t escape was that they were too terrified to.

“Love, have you seen the size of these earth apples!” His wife asked, her eyes shining. “This is amazing!”

“I have,” Ganshi laughed, loving and sharing the joy his wife found in an unexpected bumper crop.

Indeed, they were twice as fat as they were last year! The rice seemed thrice as lush as last years, and even he himself seemed energized. It seemed everything was growing well.

But it was not just him. His neighbours too raved of their increased yields. So did the men of the next town over. And the next town after that.

It was as if the entirety of Yellow Rock Plateau had suddenly been blessed by the god of agriculture! Shennong was truly with them this year!

But there was a bit of a concerning story. Apparently, there had been a rockslide on Tianliyu Heights, a few hundred Li to the south, after a great something had impacted there.

Well it was pretty far away and nobody seemed hurt. Hopefully there wouldn’t be any more of those.

He smiled and walked to the edge of the plateau. It was always his favourite spot. You could see down across the Azure hills from here, and on a good day, without any mist, sometimes, you could even see the barest tip of the Dueling Peaks, a thousand Li distant.

Jin Rou, or Rou Jin the MC punches Lu Ban so hard and far he cross a thousand li.

Here’s a few maps for scale.

Map of the Crimson Phoenix Empire:

0AtWxLf.jpg

Something to note, Rou Jin is punching Lu Ban from the Dueling Peaks, which is labeled 7 to Yellow Rock Plateau.

Pale Moon Lake which is the circle of water labeled 5, which is beside the Dueling Peaks, while looks small is actually comparable to the Great Lakes in the US.

Size of Pale Moon Lake compared to real life lakes:

FDthLXP.png

So much energy did this punch have to send Lu Ban over a thousand Li?

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Ganishka in Chapter 297 of Berserk creates a pretty big storm. Part of it's built up a page prior but the clouds don't appear until the latter page.

Kcf9JWK.jpg
FyxyFjL.jpg

It's possible we could get some decent numbers out of this.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
How fast are Remo and Chiun moving here exactly. Based on how much they move compared to the electrical signal.

Taken from The Final Crusade.

Chiun is able to move faster than electricity in a wire. After Remo triggered a detonator by accident. In the same instance it also notes that Remo was moving "nearly as fast" as the electrical signal. He's able to grab two of the satchel charges before the electrical signal can reach them but he's not fast enough to get the third one. However, his master is able to grab it. Chiun explains in detail how he was actually moving faster than the electrical signal, and stopped it before it could reach the satchel charge. In everyday electrical and electronic devices? Their signals on average travel 50% to 99% the speed of light as electromagnetic waves.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
How fast are Remo and Chiun moving here exactly. Based on how much they move compared to the electrical signal.

it is in the ftl range either way since it's part of the em spectrum, if i have to say a minimum version, it's in the 2-4c tier

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member

Anyway this can calced? It's from Kaijuu no 8 happened over Tachikawa in west tokyo not sure if that body of water is Tokyo Bay or not though

Last edited:

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Anyone want to take a look at this crater feat from the latest chapter of Ghost Reaper Girl?
0033-010.png
0033-011.png
0033-012.png

0033-013.png

That's wind that Night-Gaunt's using in case that helps or it isn't clear.

Last edited:

xenos5

Objectionable Objection
V.I.P. Member
@Blade

Forgot to tell you bro. Burning Effect translations have come back!

And Bear gives us a preview of what would happen if his overflowing power were to keep going for too long
burning_effect_194_3.jpg

Seems like the Earth wouldn't just be destroyed the explosion would be way larger than the planet :blobtrin

Reactions: Ral
Back