• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

VS Battle The Covenant (Halo) in Mass Effect

sir_fire

Distinguished
For the sake of convenience, they replace the Reapers and their minions. Oh and no Flood, just rumors of Halo being in this corner of the Galaxy and the Mass Relays and tech produced by the Protheans considered Forerunner artifacts by the Prophets.

Scenario 1: Following the plot of both Games

Scenario 2: Total war of extermination.

Did this cause I don't trust SB.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Covenant have generally superior FTL, greater logistics and industrial capacity (they built at least 1 or 2 moon sized battle-stations/shipyards for example), and superior technology.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Covenant have generally superior FTL, greater logistics and industrial capacity (they built at least 1 or 2 moon sized battle-stations/shipyards for example), and superior technology.
SB would argue that Biotics, the Krogan, "relativistic" mass driver weapons and Shepard would tip the scales in ME's favor.

But this isn't SB.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
SB would argue that Biotics, the Krogan, "relativistic" mass driver weapons and Shepard would tip the scales in ME's favor.

But this isn't SB.
Considering a few Covenant cruisers can easily glass a planet on a similar if inferior scale to what ISDs do in Star Wars, that would be hilarious.

Covenant bodies, no question.
Easier use FTL engines, only a few destroyers can glass planets and far more ludicrous weapons and shields and the aliens are actually diverse beings with bullshit levels of strength and durability themselves.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
the aliens are actually diverse beings with bullshit levels of strength and durability themselves.
Giving Halo the overall, no question, but the infantry level shit was pretty underwhelming last I was given feats for Master Chief.

Mass Effect had a bizarrely consistent number of mid to high end multi block infantry shit on top of the massively hypersonic bullet timing from that shitty movie.

but the infantry level shit was pretty underwhelming last I was given feats for Master Chief

Probably, but I was more counting Brutes, Elites and Hunters with that and usually the higher end for the latter 2 but I get your point since it is a little underwhelming for how the rest of the universe is tech-wise.

Mass Effect had a bizarrely consistent number of mid to high end multi block infantry shit on top of the massively hypersonic bullet timing from that shitty movie.

Mass Effect has a movie?! Well, that's actually surprising then, especially with those amps.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Probably, but I was more counting Brutes, Elites and Hunters with that and usually the higher end for the latter 2 but I get your point since it is a little underwhelming for how the rest of the universe is tech-wise.
Where do they sit in general for infantry anyway? Like I mentioned, Mass Effect is comfortably multi block. I’ll link my old blogs in a bit.
Mass Effect has a movie?! Well, that's actually surprising then, especially with those amps.
Paragon Lost

James Vega consistently moves at speeds comparable to the mass accelerator rounds throughout the film

It’s hilarious

Also, fodder human L3 Biotics are city block level for halting the charge of a Praetorian.

Where do they sit in general for infantry anyway? Like I mentioned, Mass Effect is comfortably multi block. I’ll link my old blogs in a bit.

I haven't been huge in Halo for awhile so you'll have to get to someone else for that.
Most likely, they either hit a powerboost later on or I really did overestimate the feats there.

Paragon Lost

James Vega consistently moves at speeds comparable to the mass accelerator rounds throughout the film

It’s hilarious

Also, fodder human L3 Biotics are city block level for halting the charge of a Praetorian.

Okay, that's actually very impressive... and hilarious at the same time.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member

Have to reupload the webm/mp4 for the movie shit, but I should also just recut those scenes again as I have better access to shit like bandicut than I did back then.

Here are these feats, that just makes James Vegas dodging Mass Accelerator rounds even more valid.

Here’s Kalros, also known as "The Mother of all Thresher Maws" avoiding a laser beam from the Reaper’s Destroyer, goes underground, and then surprises it with an attack from behind.

HiddenAggressiveIndigobunting-size_restricted.gif

Here’s Paul Grayson who was an agent of Cerberus but betrayed them, rather then killing him Cerberus decides to inject him with technology from the Reapers, who eventually became indoctrinated and the avatar of the Reapers.

latest

This machinery became interwoven with his biology, granting him greatly enhanced physical capabilities as well as biotic powers.

tezQBas_d.jpg

Can tackle a 500 lb Krogan and sends it flying.

5N8C5UQ_d.jpg

Punches hard enough to shatter the bones in his hand, shattering the visor of a Turian's combat helmet and caving in her carapace to kill her instantly.

5bxRSLJ_d.jpg

Can dual wields assault rifles as if they were pistols.

Q2W1vMh_d.jpg

Can move so fast the world around Grayson blurs, and then slaps away an assault rifle as it's firing.

xbKIL9y.png

Ducks down and charges a krogan "in the blink of an eye", avoiding gunfire in the process.

AEJMUr7_d.jpg

While slower than before dodges a close range shotgun blast.

szXmQBM.png

While slower than before outspeeds Kai Leng in "a few fractions of a second".

78M0GUR_d.jpg

The same Kai Leng who can take down three Turians in less than a second in close range combat.

3W5SkI0_d.jpg

And dodging a close range gun shot in the process.

IjrFj9h_d.jpg

Kai Leng dodging a gun shot from Anderson at point blank range.

pYLC8KN_d.jpg

yqy3LVW_d.jpg

You have Shepard doing this.
tLXlCgF.gif

C5SopoT.gif

Mass Effect does have Particle Rifle’s.
632138-mass-effect-3-from-ashes-xbox-360-screenshot-the-particle.png

“After the Reapers obliterated the Prothean Empire's warships, the Prothean resistance was forced to develop weapons that did not rely on intact supply lines. The Prothean Particle Rifle is a stripped-down, powerful assault rifle modified to fire without thermal clips or specialized ammunition. Alliance scientists agree that it appears to share some principles with the Collectors' particle beam weapon, although this gun requires a temporary cool-down period if it overheats. An amalgam of two different eras of technology, the particle rifle is still a deadly, efficient weapon.“

This weapon called Reaper Blackstar.
latest

“The Reaper weapon nicknamed "Blackstar" is so advanced that Alliance scientists can only offer speculation about how it works. The gun appears to exploit an element zero core and mass effect fields to fire gravitational singularities - micro black holes - that revert to their natural lethality when they impact a solid object. Researchers theorize that the blast tears apart the strong nuclear forces that hold the target's atoms together, resulting in a localized fusion reaction in light atoms and a fission reaction in heavy atoms. If that hypothesis is correct, the weapon alters nuclei, thus changing the chemical composition of the target. It destroys organic tissue, corrodes surviving armor, and leaves a visible trail of light-emitting particles.

Although some might argue that the Blackstar's single-launch capability makes it a liability, its capacity for utter destruction is essential when the user requires large-scale, instantaneous damage.”

The Reapers Ships with their particular round grazed the planet Klendragon and making a valley.
latest

Here’s a size comparison between the Dreadnought ships and the Collector Cruiser/Ship.
ALZk5up.jpg

Someone was able to extract the ship models from Mass Effect 2 and 3. 1 Pixel = 0.5 meters
https://web.archive.org/web/2016080...bioware.com/topic/490753-ship-sizes-revealed/

Normandy SR-2:
1913.png

Length: 196m
Width: 87m
Hight: 35m

Alliance Dreadnought:
468px-156_0427.JPG

Length: 1000m (est.)
Width: 260m (est.)
Hight: 164m (with antennas; est.)

Geth Dreadnought:
ME3_Geth_Dreadnought.png

Length: 1190m
Width: 300m
Hight: 253m (without antennas)

Collector Cruiser:
Collector_Cruiser.png

Length: 1004m
Width: 256m
Hight: 493m

Last edited:

Maddie

Acclaimed
Humans actually didn't do too bad against the covenant on the ground. Spartans, higher velocity weaponry, and better tactics evened the playing field to the fact that Elites had supersonic reactions and the weaponry could instagore targets. It was the space battles that matter. The whole Covenant war until the end was done by just one ministry, not even the entire war machine.

Maddie

Acclaimed
We definitely need to re-evaluate the Mass Effect Universe... though the Covenant should ultimately be able to body the verse due to the sheer numbers and tech advantage they still have.
It is commonly agreed everywhere aside for Forerunners, ME seems to body ground forces for Halo, but Halo focuses on spacebattles, and there they dominate ME badly.

Back