• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Harkon sacrificed a thousand innocents so that he and his family could gain the power of a pure-blooded vampire from Molag Bal (Dawnguard boardgame expansion guidebook, page 8).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
At the start of the Dawnguard expansion to Skyrim: The Adventure Boardgame, the heroes had spent centuries in Boethiah's plane of Oblivion, Attribution's Share, chasing Oviorn Salith.
It's important to note that Attribution's Share was first named in the Imperial Census of Daedra Lords, an OOG text written by Michael Kirkbride.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Arch-Mage Deneth can teach you a very powerful spell (card 250).

This spell is earthquake, which causes a fracture which affects all enemies (card S66). Thus, we can see just how powerful an arch-mage can be.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I found a 4th wall break! Jee-Lar was able to get in contact with ESO's (at the time) loremaster Lawrence Schick via dreamsleeves, and agreed to answer questions from another world.
This isn't the only 4th wall break, but it's one of the most obvious (other examples include C0DA, which is very controversial in it's OOG nature, and the 37th Lesson of Vivec, as well as the cinematic trailer for Legends: Houses of Morrowind).

This would also imply that our universe is a part of the Aurbis (or perhaps another phase of the Godhead).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
To resalvage another lost gif, the cinematic trailer for Legends: Houses of Morrowind shows a transition between our world and the world of Tamriel.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Arch-Curate Vrythur destroys pillars by telekinetically tearing out large chunks of stone and slamming them into the pillar with great force (all the while having his head rested on his chin).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gelebor raises up the stone wayshrine for you to enter the Chantry of Auri-El.

Curiously, this act is described as impressive by the Skyrim Prima.
(Skyrim Prima, page 543)

What makes this curious is that there are other structures in a few ancient ruins throughout the game that are raised up in a similar way (some which even look more solid and heavy than the wayshrines, such as the trap in Angarvunde which kills Medresi Dran), and the Prima never notes them as being impressive.
(Skyrim Prima, page 474)
(Skyrim Prima, page 952)

So, the impressive part of this is that Gelebor raised a large stone structure. There are two possible explanations for this; the first is that Gelebor raises the wayshrine with his own reserve of power. However, if you look closely at the other Wayshrines, you can see the light coming down from above.

A frame-by-frame comparison.
In anycase, even if this was done by channeling the power of a god, it's still impressive, and it would still make Gelebor and the other Wayshrine attendants still impressive. Also, I'll have to have another look over this, because those spheres of light may have been sent down from the Sun itself.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A new Meet The Character for Fa-Nuit-Hen. Fa-Nuit-Hen claims to have mastered every fighting style in the Aurbis, and he says that the Baron Who Moves Like a Shivering Droplet claimed that his blades move fast enough to "split light" and can "sever rain from a thundercloud." He also makes reference to his friendship with Morihaus and how they drank taverns dry and "lay waste to the beasts of the land."
Fa-Nuit-Hen once heard a story in which he slaughtered an entire battalion of Xvivlai to protect a small shepherd boy, and says that it was actually two battalions (and the boy was actually a buxom maiden).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I found another very interesting book! No corporeal life can reside within the void, and incorporeal life (such as the daedra) refuse to discuss the dark expanse between worlds.
Within Oblivion are a large number of realms, both with and without a ruler(s) controlling their paths across Oblivion. Lordless realms often destroyed, and these planes are crushed by the path they take. Fates of these doomed realms can be seen int he watery reflections of the Realms of Revelry, and in the dreams of Quagmire.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Well well well...I found a very interesting RP/brainstorm from the old forums (archived to the UESP and The Imperial Library). This is one of the few times I've seen other devs talk about

To begin, affamu (Douglass Goodall) says that he did some calculations as to how Nirns moons stay in its orbit when they are so big, and the reason why is they're very dense. He even made a spreadsheet to look at the gravity between the moons, and found that one would end up spinning out of orbit and orbiting the Sun eliptically, while the other would crash into Nirn and kill everyone. He goes on to reference how the moons being transparent because they are rotting corpses is something made by Kirkbride, and that Goodall prefers pseudo-scientific explanations to pseudo-mythical ones, but says that other devs feel the opposite way, so the world of Tamriel will likely continue to have lore from both approaches.
WormGod (Gary Noonan) and Tedders (Ted Peterson) talk on how scientific discovery often clashes with how things are mythically perceived, and how these different contradictory texts have been around for a while (such as the politics in Daggerfall).
Hasphat Antabolis (Michael Kirkbride) says that affamu's take is wrong.
Tedders says that the Cosmology article was written by someone with an unstable soul (as a note, this is an in-universe RP perspective and not a stab at MK, as the Cosmology article was written by someone in the Temple Zero Society), and no one of any learning in Tamriel follows the personification-of-the-moons theory anymore. Hasphat Antabolis follows up on this with a quote from the Lessons of Vivec (Sermon 31) which references the moons as being dead.
Tedders says that this is an appeal to authority, and the word of the Temple isn't always to be trusted, while Hasphat responds with how Tamriel is a magical world and it's gods walk the earth, and as such, constructs like logical fallacies don't really exist when God Himself can show you his gamebook. Hasphat then says that Molag Bal told Tedders to 'take your bargain Latin back to Target.'
Hasphat responds again, saying that the above posts by Hasphat were actually some form of doppleganger (similar to Jagar Tharn or the tseaci). He goes on to say that Mr Affamu has fallen into a fallacy of sorts, that being what he currently observes has always been the truth.. As such, because the moons in the present era appear as bright crescents with opaque shadows that means they are actually solid spheres with a light source behind them. This, however, ignores thousands of years of research into the moons, including those who have directly travelled there (in both life and death). The most widely accepted theory is that this is a result of the moons rotting, while other theories include a lunar storm which blows the surface free of the moon, while others suggest the moon is a ghost of the living moon.
Jobasha (Douglas Goodall) posts a messege that was from the Western Knight of the Sandy Mane, saying that the moons are indeed alive and protecting Nirni from the wrath of Ahnurr (Anu), and that the Cyrodiils still believe the Elven Lie even when the Trickster (Lorkhan) walks their fields and sits on their throne and makes skin-changers of their sons. He goes on to say how the Yokudan's used to believe the world was flat, but the Khajiit believed the world was round, and the Yokudan's eventually found it to be round; this doesn't mean though that reality was changed to make the world from round to flat or vice versa (a reference to Mythopoeic Forces I believe). The Western Knight goes on to say that no one else understands 'the twenty-four forms in logic' (8 Aedra + 16 Daedra), which is an Elven concept, and then mentions another logic of 8 + 8 + 2 + 8 (26). He finishes by telling Cyrodiil to wake from the Elven Lie.
Jobasha then makes a comment of his own, saying he doesn't pretend to understand Kier-Jo or Hasphat of Divayth Fir (being RP'd by Gary Noonan)
Amiel Arctus and Fal Droon (both RP'd by Michael Kirkbride) make reference to the Lunar Lorkhan theory of the Temple Zero Society, and talks about the plane(t)s of the moons and the duality of Lorkhan. This post would eventually become (abet very slightly altered) the same as the in-game book The Lunar Lorkhan.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Happy 30 Anniversary to to greatest video game series of all time! In their anniversary statement, Bethesda said that they are working on early builds for TES VI, and that they have 'other exciting projects underway.' There is also a reference to how in Oblivion you travel to the heart of the Empire and 'realms beyond.'

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Mirrormoor is a very old, long forgotten Daedric Realm.

Luminaries are beings of ancient magic.

Ithelia is descried as an 'all-powerful Daedric Prince' and uncovering secrets related to her could spell disaster for Oblivion and Tamriel alike.
In this adventure, you will uncover long-hidden secrets related to the return of this all-powerful Daedric Princesecrets that could spell disaster for Tamriel and Oblivion alike.

The Prisoner is described as being a powerful mythic figure, and a loophole in time.

Sotha Sil discusses the concept of the Prisoner, referring to the Vestige using this title. He portrays the Prisoner as someone capable of discerning the chains of causality and time that entrap all beings within the Godhead's dream, while also recognizing the exit that allows their liberation. Inherently, the Prisoner possesses the power to liberate the world.

Furthermore, Sotha Sil asserts that the Prisoner possesses 'great power, making reality of metaphor,' a phrase commonly associated with the essence of Tonal Magic. Other similar expressions include 'myth made manifest' and 'metaphor made manifest.' As detailed in the section on Thu'um, Tones form an essential element that permeates all of reality, with Tonal Magic being their manipulation. He implies that the Prisoner, as a concept, can modify the fundamental tones of the Aurbis, most likely through their actions.

The Vestige is described in their quest as a 'wound in time,' a paradoxical entity that should not exist, and a being existing outside all possipoints.

"It is good to see you again. And I do see you, in my own way. You are a wound in time, a tear in reality that shouldn't exist and cannot long endure."

"Beginning entity analysis. Error. Entity exists outside known possipoints. Transitioning to general reception array. Hello."

The Nerevarine's status as a Prisoner is characterized by their birth under uncertain stars and to uncertain parents, manifesting as either male or female with a constantly changing appearance. This attribute becomes particularly significant during Landfall, where they are described as 'quantum-vibrating' too rapidly to determine their race.

Though stark-born to sire uncertain,
His aspect marks his certain fate.
Wicked stalk him, righteous curse him.
Prophets speak, but all deny.

On a certain day to uncertain parents
Incarnate moon and star reborn.

'The ruling king is to stand against me and then before me. He is to learn from my punishment. I will mark him to know. He is to come as male or female. I am the form he must acquire.

The Prisoner's freedom from the chains of time and predetermination is supported by numerous statements that describe the nature of Heroes, highlighting how they forge their own paths in the Elder Scrolls. The Hero is necessary for the ‘moment’ to occur, for they are the ones who ultimately cause it and fix it in time.

Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event.

tldr: The Prisoner is a unique entity unbound by causality or linear time, embodying all races and classes and performing all actions at once. They shape the Aurbis by contributing to its fundamental tones and play a crucial role in authoring the Elder Scrolls and defining events within time.

The Vestige can toss spears into the sun of Aetherius and call down meteors from the constellations, which are infinite distance away from Nirn that reside in spaces that transcend the time laws of Akatosh such as duration and eventuality.

The Vestige is capable of deflecting and outrunning Meteor.

The Vestige also has access to the Nova spell, which can bring down sunlight directly from Aetherius.

There are also direct statements from developers that The Vestige is weaker than the Dragonborn.

Dyvayth Fyr, a 4,000-year-old Dunmer sorcerer of immense power. Dyvayth can defeat Daedra with difficulty.

Dyvayth held back Nocturnal from devouring clockwork city and Sotha Sil in the past.

Dyvath is stated to have “near divine levels of power”, which caused Nocturnal to notice his presence immediately, and she attempted to trap him in response.

The act of surviving within Nocturnal’s tempest is something most mortals would not be able to do.

The Nerevarine can battle Vivec in single combat. Vivec has been trained by Barons of Move Like This.
Scroll to Barons of Move Like This: https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Fa-Nuit-Hen

The Nerevarine in his fight against Hircine, the prince had shifted the moon’s colour and position, and upon his aspect’s death the moon’s original state was restored. The moon is also infinite in mass and size, as the other celestial bodies are.

Indoril Nerevar, the Nerevarine’s original incarnation, flew to the Moon and destroyed large portions of it. He then attempted to subdue Aetherius but was blasted back to Nirn by Magnus.

C0DA being acknowledged.

Sermon 37 from ESO directly confirms its canonicity. This entire text acts as a prelude to C0DA.
"Go here: world without wheel, charting zero deaths, and echoes singing," Seht said, until all of it was done, and in the center was anything whatever.

It's also noted in other lore that this sermon was "stolen" from Vivec out of time, before he even wrote it, which further supports it is meant to describe future events from C0DA.
"How the great thief stole the "37th Lesson" from Vivec—before he could write it."

@Stocking Anarchy goes more in-depth of why Michael Kirkbride’s work like C0DA is still official.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Sermon 37 was also written by Kirkbride himself.

You also visit the Coloured Rooms, the Khajiit Lunar Colonies and various other places that were either first mentioned in C0DA (or other OOG texts) by MK (and other devs).

Like Tiber Septim and Pelinal Whitestrake, the Dovahkiin is a Shezarrine. Various story elements and dialogues hint at this, including references to them as 'Hjalti,' which was Tiber Septim’s original Breton name.
“Hjalti? Is that you? I’ve been waiting.”
“I fought by your side. To take back the Reach from the savages.”
“Do you remember me now, Hjalti?”

They are also bestowed with the title 'Ysmir,' a name historically associated with Wulfharth (one-third of the Septim Enantiomorph) and Pelinal (also recognized as a Shezarrine).
Meyz nu Ysmir, Dovahsebrom. Dahmaan daar rok. (You have) become now Ysmir, Dragon of the North. Remember these words.

The Dovahkiin can sit on Shor’s throne; upon entering the Hall of Valor, Ysgramor conveys Shor's command for them to sheathe their blades and remain stationary. The ancient tongues also await the Dovahkiin’s command to join the battle against Alduin, which strongly implies that the Dovahkiin is an avatar of Shor, sharing his authority.

During the Dragon Break known as the Middle Dawn, the laws of the Aedra were suspended, plunging Mundus into a state of 'untime' and 'unplace.' Mannimarco notes that several beings, including Ysmir, Pelinal Whitestrake, and Arnand The Fox, managed to maintain their stability amidst the chaos. He further identifies Arnand with Arctus, another Shezarrine and one third of the Septim Enantiomorph.

The Shezarrine uniquely remains stable and unaffected even as the foundational concepts of time, space, math, logic, life, death, etc. are removed from Mundus.