The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
One of the realms of Oblivion that Attrebus and Sul end up in contains a jade moon.
Something struck his feet, and Treb’s knees buckled, taking him straight down on his face in a bed of yellow wildflowers that smelled like skunk.
He and Sul were on a hillside covered in various colorful blossoms and odd, twisting trees with caps like mushrooms.
They were on a jagged island in a furious sea beneath a sky half-filled with a jade moon.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Oblivion Gates burned so hot that they melted the ground beneath them and fused to a glass-like state.
At dusk they reached their destination—the ruins of an Oblivion gate, not notably different from the one at Ione, except there wasn’t a town built around it. They gathered on the glassy, fused earth, and Attrebus and the cats knelt in a circle around Sul, who walked among them dabbing a red ointment from a small jar and marking each of their foreheads, and finally his own.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Shivering Isles is Sheogorath's own plane of Oblivion.
Shivering Isles features more than 30 hours of new gameplay and allows you to explore an entirely new plane of Oblivion – the realm of Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness.
In this expansion, you have to protect this realm from destruction, and if you have it in you, even wear the mantle of a god.
Within the Realm of Sheogorath, players can explore the two extreme sides of the god’s madness – the sublimely creative and the completely psychotic. Something is happening to the Shivering Isles and Sheogorath himself looks to you to be his champion and defend his realm and its inhabitants from destruction. Do you have the strength to survive his trials, tame a realm fraught with paranoia and despair, and wear the mantle of a God?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Oblivion is made of lots of planes, and there's a plane for each of the Princes.
Is this just another gate to Oblivion like the ones in the main quest?
No. Oblivion is made of lots of planes, one for each Daedric Prince. Oblivion featured the fiery realm of Mehrunes Dagon. The Shivering Isles is the realm of Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness. It’s a place unlike anything you’ve seen in Oblivion.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Jagar Tharn traps Emperor Uriel Septim VII in an alternate dimension.
Jagar Tharn, imperial battlemage to the Uriel Septim, Emperor of Tamriel, betrays Uriel by using an artifact called the Staff of Chaos to imprison Uriel in an alternate dimension. Tharn then assumes the Emperor's identity and place on the throne.
You and Ria Simane discover this evil scheme, but Tharn kills Ria and imprisons you. However, Ria's ghost teleports you to your home province.
You and one of Uriel's associates, Ria Silmane, discover Tharn's treachery, and threaten to expose him. Tharn kills Ria and imprisons you in the Imperial dungeons. Ria's ghost helps you escape and teleports you to your home province. Meanwhile, in an effort to ensure the Emperor never returns, Tharn breaks the Staff of Chaos into eight pieces and hides them throughout the eight provinces of Tamriel.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Clockwork City is thought by some to move around, and by others to be a giant living machine. What is known though is that it was built by Sotha Sil, who has a penchant for dark magic and mechanics.
Jonric: What kind of area is the Clockwork City, and why is it called that? In what ways is it similar to and also different from other areas in Morrowind?

Mark Nelson:
Discovering the secrets of the Clockwork City will be one of the big challenges in Tribunal, so I don't want to give too much away here. What I can say is that it was built by Sotha Sil, who is known to have a penchant for both mechanics and dark magic. Some have rumored that the Clockwork City is actually just one big living machine; others say that it moves constantly, existing in different places at different times. Regardless, it should be an interesting change of pace for the player, and one I think will be a lot of fun.
The Tribunal all possess immense godlike powers, and used to be mortals before they gained (or as some believe, stole) the power of the Heart of Lorkhan.
Jonric: Also mentioned are "the other two god-kings, Almalexia and Sotha Sil." Who are they, what kinds of characters are they, and why are they called god-kings? What kind of relationship do they have with Vivec?

Mark Nelson:
Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec make up the Tribunal. These three were once all normal mortals, generals in the elven army. These three were given (or perhaps stole, depending on what you believe) immense, godlike powers. For centuries, they have protected the people of Morrowind, and have been worshipped as living gods. The Temple is the single biggest influence over the people of Morrowind (greater than the monarchy or the Empire), so they are truly "god-kings." The relationships between the three of them will be one of the underlying stories in Tribunal.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
You can very clearly see the three major constellations of the Firmament (the Warrior, the Mage and the Thief) in Sovngarde.
Skyrim-20240126173034.jpg

Skyrim-20240126172600.jpg

Skyrim-20240126172547.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
From the old Morrowind official website, it's confirmed that Vivec froze the mythical comet of Baar Dau with a mere gesture.
A market square in the city of Vivec. The floating moonlet in the background is the "Ministry of Truth", a mythical comet frozen in its track by a god's gesture, refashioned by the Temple into a prison for dissidents.

Unparalleled character detail allows moving lips and eyelids, as well as full armor and clothing. The characters are actually wearing these items, and they can be removed, traded for, stolen, etc.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
When Alduin is finally defeated, not only is there a great storm that covers Sovngarde, but several of the giant statues are shattered and great landslides come down from the nearby mountains. We can see this on both sides of the Hall of Valor. Note also there are no meteorites visible hitting the mountains or the statues that break.
myLUKfM.gif
5EBxtDj.gif
Looking to the skies and we see ominous clouds circling, which change in colour as Alduin is sucked into the sky.
ZBTpiXe.gif
After you strike the killing blow, Alduin soul starts to dissipate.
After you strike the killing blow, Alduin writhes in agony and his soul begins to dissipate....
(Skyrim Prima, page 236)
Alduin's soul leaves his body, and with a final thunderous spasm he is torn apart, with not even a skeleton remaining behind.
Alduin thrashes on the ground as his soul leaves his corporeal form. With a final, thunderous spasm, Alduin is torn apart, not even his skeleton remains in this afterlife. Tsun is the first to congratulate you on your mighty deed; youhave cleansed Sovngarde of Alduin's evil snare. They will sing of this battle in the Hall of Valor!
(Skyrim Prima, page 236)
Only Tsun can send you back to the mortal world, which he does so by summoning Shor's Might, but not before bestowing you with a shout that lets you summon a hero from Sovngarde.
When you're ready to leave, only Tsun can transport you from this place. Tsun summons Shor's Might and returns you tO the Throat of the World. First, though, he grants you a Shout, one that brings a hero from Sovngarde to your side in your hour of need.
(Skyrim Prima, page 236)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Alduin's death throes cause several violent explosions, which are capable of sending stones flying (and will trigger the stagger animation for Dovahkiin).
aoem5zI.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
In Steepfalls Barrow, in front of a treasure chest, there is (yep!) another sword embedded into stone. This time an Orcish Greatsword.
5BrNnZW.jpg

fgelQmg.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gargoyles can break out of their stony skin with enough force to create a small explosion (a skeleton several meters away is sent flying.
f9d9912b-e580-4fae-b36b-33e6a6ffea1a.gif

Gargoyles
Gargoyles are predatory creatures with a stony skin that allows them to protect themselves and helps ambush their prey. Gargoyles in statue form are immune to all damage and magical effects. Once they emerge, gargoyles are still highly resistant to physical attacks and drain health from their victims with each hit. Keep your distance and use magic or enchanted weapons to bring them down.
(Skyrim Prima, page 186)
SR-load-Gargoyles-are-magical-creatures.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
At the giants camp Cradlecrush Rock, there is a massive boulder that had crushed multiple people.
Skyrim-20240128224933.jpg

Skyrim-20240128224954.jpg

Skyrim-20240128225024.jpg

Skyrim-20240128225112.jpg
The Skyrim Prima confirms that someone was crushed by one of these rocks, and calls them a 'fool.'
A monstrous giant makes its home near these large, ominous rocks. One rock has apparently crushed some poor, unfortunate soul-loot the fool's surviving knapsack, which lies near a skeletal foot, for additional valuables.
(Skyrim Prima, 883)
The Legends card Cradlecrush Giant features a giant violently destroying a wagon.
LG-cardart-Cradlecrush-Giant.png
Most interestingly though is that on the bonfire is the remains of a painted cow (a reference to the Seven Fights of the Aldudagga).
Skyrim-20240128224855.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
From The Infernal City. At first, the Ingenium required the deaths of about 10 slaves and prisoners a day, but then he found another way; certain people had larger souls than others, and twelve of these people could keep Baar Dau up for longer.
“He told you about the ministry? How we devised a method to keep it airborne?”
“Yes. By stealing souls.”
“We couldn’t find any other way to do it,” Vuhon allowed. “Given time, perhaps we could have. At first we had to slaughter slaves and prisoners outright, as many as ten a day. But then I found a way to use the souls of the living, although only certain people had souls—well, for simplicity’s sake, let us say ‘large’ enough. We only needed twelve at a time, then. A vast improvement. Ilzheven was chosen because she had the right sort of soul.”
As such, it's possible to find out just how much energy large black souls hold; ten a day are enough to have stopped a meteor from crashing and destroying Vvardenfall.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Three more books from the upcoming Gold Road expansion to ESO, which contain the biggest potential revelations in TES lore since The Truth in Sequence! These books are in regards to the Anticipations/Reclamations as well as Trinimac and the Magne-Ge, and to start with a big twist on Boethiah eating Trinimac...Boethiah never ate Trinimac; Boeathiah is Trinimac. She ate an imposter (Malacath) posing as Trinimac.
From Exile to Exodus said:
At the pass, the Velothi came upon the followers of Trinimac, who outnumbered them three to one.

Though Trinimac said nothing, the loudest of his followers called the dissidents rebels, traitors, and filth to be scraped from the feet of the faithful.

And Boethiah proclaimed, "Hearken unto me, Ornim! For yes, I know you as Ornim even if your chief does not." And this caused the followers of Trinimac to quieten, for the Orsimer in that time had been so convinced they were Elves that they had forgotten their days of stone and wood, sea and fire.

"This demon seeks to ensnare you," Boethiah continued. "With curses he has shrouded your senses, making it so that when you look upon him you see only me. But I stand before you now. I who brought the Orichalc. I who showed you the way to hold your blades. I who taught you the benefits of war, whether lost or won. I who showed you the angles one must cut to reach beyond."

Boethiah then formed a sign with her hands in the shape of a triangle that could only be true. And she strode forward in a manner that revealed the way to walk to achieve an Exodus.

And all in attendance felt the curse lifted from their eyes. Where once they saw Trinimac, Greatest of All Warriors, they instead saw Malak, King of Curses.

And where they had seen Boethiah, Daughter of Blades, they saw now Trinimac, as she had always been, the Warrior of East and West, and of the Starry Heart. She who bore the burden of rending divinity from the one she loved.

Frothing with rage, Malak shouted a curse yet unknown and came unto Boethiah's throat, entering her very being. And her followers despaired, for Boethiah fell to her knees retching blood and ichor. And Trinimac collapsed, seeming to all who beheld this to be dead.
The Bladesongs of Boethra talks more of Boethiah (or Boethra, as the Khajiit know her) and her battles, such as her fight with Meridia, who is described as a fallen angel, and time seems to slow as she appears..
The Bladesongs of Boethra said:
A star shot from the heavens, becoming every color of the sun as it dove, and a crystalline figure swept by Boethra on prismatic wings.

Boethra sliced down at it, but even her practiced hand fell short. Time seemed to slow, and the fallen angel that stood behind her grinned knowingly. Merid-Nunda.
Merrunz (the Khajiiti version of Dagon) attacks the Lunar Lattice and shakes and cracks it.
The Bladesong of Boethra said:
A gout of fire erupted to her right. There she laid eyes upon her sibling Merrunz for the first time in eternity. The blood of a god dripped from his axe, and his fanged smile belied the story of a kinslayer. He slammed his axe against the Lattice, and though nothing before this had ever done so, the Lattice shook and cracked under its weight.
Boethra is a quardian of the Lattice (as is Azura), and she sees both Dagon and the Rainbow Angel (Meridia) break through (IIRC, this was all referenced in the Dark Heart of Skyrim storyline too, but I didn't follow that one too closely).
The Bladesongs of Boethra said:
But behind him stepped a Demon King, striding through the blue flames with the severed head of a god in his hands, attached atop a rod of bone. It was Lorkhaj who had shown them the secrets of dark fire, and Boethra knew Molagh used it now to taunt her.

As is her nature, she could do nothing but accept the challenge. Boethra forgot her role as the guardian of the Lattice. She saw Dagon break through. She even saw the Rainbow Angel slip in behind him. But Molagh was there, taunting and laughing, and telling her that Lorkhaj died for her.
Azura is said to have slain Vaermina (she got better), and is the only one whom Namiira fears. Noctra (Nocturnal) then uses the Skeleton Key given to her by Azurah and Boethra and uses it to unlock herself, blending herself with the night itself.
And Noctra said, "Boethra, Mother-Master, I have learned all I can from you. I have heeded Mafala's words. Now I learn from Azurah, she that slew Vaarmina, and she whom Namiira fears only. I take with me your lessons, and now I take those new."
"With this key I can at last say I am not Namiira. I am Noctra, and I will shelter you in darkness."

Then Noctra took the key and pierced her own breast. It sank into her like a dagger, and then she turned the key. Her very form became as shadow and cloth, a cloak of darkness billowing around the sisters.

As the cloak spread, her form grew mighty, taller than all the rest, and it went on to blend itself with the night.

And then did darkness shroud the Aether Prism long enough for Azurah and Boethra to reach Merid-Nunda.
Azurah and Boethra then battle Merid-Nunda (Meridia, in both Khajiiti and as she was referred to when she was still a Magne-Ge), who's planing to plot a course through the Varliance Gate to many possible futures. Boethra is able to move just as fast as the light of Merid-Nunda which alters the flow of time. Not only that, but it directly references to time dialation effect of red shift. Boethra then cuts up Merid-Nunda, and Azurah throws these mirror pieces into the Void, so Merid-Nunda reflects on her colors and becomes trapped within them.
[QUOTE"The Bladesong of Boethra"]
They tore Merid-Nunda from the Prism, though shards of her remained behind, and they cast her down along the Crossing.

Merid-Nunda rose, wiping golden blood from her lips. She glanced around and saw that Dagon and Molagh were both gone, but there was no sign as to where. Behind her sang the Varliance Gate, a doorway that led to so many possible futures for her.

But before Merid could plot a course, Boethra strode forth with such speed as to not be counted in time. She had grown used to the red shift that altered time, and now Boethra was able to dance just as fast as the light that bent the waves.

In doing so, the precise cuts of Boethra divided Merid-Nunda unto all the shades and hues of light she embodied, all the mirror-pieces that forged her into being.

There Azurah saw her chance. She gathered up the mirror-pieces and threw them beyond the Crossing into the Void. But Azurah knew she could not leave it thus, so she bent the light just so that Merid-Nunda reflected upon her own colors and became trapped within them.
[/QUOTE]
As a footnote to this, even if this story isn't a literal truth, the fact that red shift and time dilation are referenced and known concepts in-universe

Boethra then finds herself atop White-Gold Tower during the Dragon Break of the Middle Dawn, and in Monkey Truth (a reference to Marukh the Monkey Emperor) the sorcerers on the Tower speak 'lies in a way that makes them true.' She is exiled by Akha to the Many Paths, where there isn't Akha (the Time Dragon) or any of Akha's aspects or children. During her exile, she wonders if she was ever the Daughter of Blades, or if it had been one long dream of someone she'd never known.
Then it was she found herself atop the tower. There were magicians there who shouted in Monkey Truth, and it was then that Boethra felt doubt for the first time in eternity. The sorcerer apes spoke lies in a way that made them true, and as she heard the words Boethra saw new runes form in front of her eyes that she could not deny, and there again she felt something akin to fear.

Boethra remembered Akha exiling her to the Many Paths and yet these new words said that Akha was never there, nor was Alkosh, nor Alkhan, nor any Children of Akha, nor any of the lands that he seeded and brought unto his kingdom. And in this chaos Boethra began to wonder if she was the Daughter of Blades at all, or if it had all been one long dream of someone she never knew.

But Boethra was the Warrior, and so she steeled herself and drew her hidden sword. Khenarthi took heart at the sight. She smiled and spread her wings, promising to reach Azurah so that her children might remember the untime to come.
Boethra then ends up in a place with many spinning wheels (twelve), and she recognises the truth within the lies of the Imga's dance. She sees a flame-feathered serpent who's crystal scales, head of a hunting bird and a man that speaks against Mannish impurity in all the known worlds; and a serpent of the blackest scales which all the Void seemed to eminate from, and from its shifting scales new ideas born and die as soon as they appear. This seems to represent the clash of Sithis and Anui-El (or Padomay and Anu).
Boethra opened her eyes to many spinning wheels surrounded by fire. Twelve in total they were, but she dodged each with the precision of her practiced art. Beyond she saw warring serpents, and in their conflict she recognized the truth within the lies of the Imga's dance.

One was a flame-feathered serpent, brilliant and pure, with crystal scales and a head like that of a hunting bird, its eyes sharp and clear, its mane an argument against all the Mannish impurity of all the known worlds.

There to meet it was a serpent of the blackest scales, and all the Void seemed to come with it, so much that one would think the feathered could never stand against it, and yet it did.
And this serpent's eyes burned red as blood, and its scales moved and shifted with new ideas that were born and died as soon as they appeared. Despite this chaos, its mane was white and gentle, and in it Boethra saw a fleeting chance for peace along the Wheels.
Boethra cuts through concepts at strange angles, and soon the world continues on in proper time.
The Bladesong of Beothra said:
Then she dashed forward, cutting concepts at strange angles, and soon after the world began to spin again in proper time.
Interestingly, twelve worlds is the same number given in The Annotated Anuad.
The Annotated Anuad said:
Meanwhile, life sprang up on the twelve worlds of creation and flourished. After many ages, Padomay was able to return to Time. He saw Creation and hated it. He swung his sword, shattering the twelve worlds in their alignment. Anu awoke, and fought Padomay again. The long and furious battle ended with Anu the victor. He cast aside the body of his brother, who he believed was dead, and attempted to save Creation by forming the remnants of the 12 worlds into one -- Nirn, the world of Tamriel.
The third and final book, The Nine Coruscations, talks of nine of the Magne-Ge in a fragmented way. The Mnemo-Li is one known of before for a long time (and brought up mainly in meta-lore), who's connected with Dragon Breaks.
The Nine Coruscations said:
Mnemo-Li

The Blue Star. The Reclusive Princess. … retroactively constructed by the … named her Memory. Appears when the Dragon … untime … frozen moments of unfettered destiny … unbound time gives way … Dragon Break … as it was in the Dawn … endless possibility … rewritten narratives … even the Elder Scrolls … always there is born a Prisoner Unbound … as is the will of the Prime … there is no right lesson learned alone.
Sheza-Rana (Shezarine?) is connected to the period of calm after Dragon Breaks.
Sheza-Rana

The Cyan Star. The … of Water. The Spritely Liar. She brings a period of rest after the Break. … a calming moment between storms. … said to promote relaxation. The daylight's vitality … erased … the shadow of … teaching the youth the various triumvirate roles to be retaken. Wisdom of … how the story has unfolded before. … there at the Cradle of Devotion. Creativity … as fuel … Energy that uplifts. Even if she … peace and tranquility … without harmony and balance … until Azura opens the Third Eye … clarity, foresight, intuition … Mystery, Memory, and the Unknown.
Londa-Vera is the Green Star, connected to Earth (the element of earth? Our planet?) and the Starry Heart, and after inspiration from many of the female et'ada, Londa-Vera was forged with a cry that echoed (down?) endless ages. She exists everywhere and nowhere as the feminine power of magic that allows the Mundus to exist despite the impossibility of it all.
Londa-Vera

The Green Star. The … of Earth. The … of the Starry Heart. When Magnus drew up his plans, he … for all that would be. … He sought to create something he could finally … A perfect being, born of Light within Love. He drew upon all of …: the beauty of Nir, the eyes of Azura, the smile of Mara, the body of Dibella, the wings of Kynareth, the will of Boethiah, the mystery of Vaermina, the wisdom of Mephala, the determination of Namira—and from … fated forge Londa-Vera emerged with a cry that echoed … endless ages. So divergent was her birth that she never truly formed, but the aspects of her being scattered across the Aurbis and broke upon … She is everywhere and nowhere, the feminine power of magic that allowed the Mundus to exist despite the impossibility of it all.
Vilai-Sha was tasked with the most difficult mission of all, which may have been to burst through the firmament and scatter magicka across the newborn realm, and is associated with fire.
Valia-Sha

The Orange Star. The … of Fire. The Burning Bride. Royalty among the Scions of Magnus. The most loved of all wayward Star Orphans. Valia preached patience and compassion during the War of … Yet in the mean, she was tasked with the most difficult mission of all. … burst through the firmament, scattering magicka across the newborn realm. … so she traveled far to find each of them in turn, and she offered them a place among her kingdoms. … To each who would say yes she offered a piece of herself, until so many accepted that she herself began to fade away. … If that light ever returned … But so too none can doubt the number of lights in the starry sky.
Unala-Se taught her sisters to brace themselves along the firmament and be unmoveable and undevourable against the unstars of the Serpent, and she and her sisters watched as the tragic tale of the prince of Lyg (Mehrunes Dagon?) unfurled and across the Realm.
Unala-Se

The Yellow Star. The … of Air. Scion of … Unyielding. To brace her sisters along the firmament and teach them to be immovable. … the unstars came, and still she taught them to be undevourable. Unala-Se taught all the orphans the ways of the word, the blade, and the sign. … they watched as black bile swept across the land like a sickened sea, not yet knowing that their … the tragic prince of Lyg … and the darkness within him poured forth from the wound, taking a life of its own in the realm. … the dark encircled even the Elden King of Graht who seemed so steadfast … drank of the dark and became something more … after her fall a black tree of poison and death … she showed us that which we were meant to see. … watches still, hoping we will remember Love.
Xero-Lyg (which has again been a very important concept in meta-lore, or at least Lyg has) is said to have fought alongside Lorkh(an) in the adjacent spaces (with further references to 'alternate worlds unto endless possibilities'), and how the King of Dreugh (Molag Bal) fell to Mehrunes, and (either or both of them) were forced on to the next kalpa. Xero-Lyg cataloged all the events (of unknown) through both time and untime, and 'found paths unseen to those among the stars.' Once she looked at the Wheel and saw it had no centre.
Xero-Lyg

The Black Star. … of Flesh. The Orphan Opposite. … unto the adjacent space and fought alongside Lorkh within … alternate worlds unto endless possibilities … King of Dreugh fell to Mehrunes the Razor … was forced to … the next kalpa … to spiral ever-out and see the land and sky preferred to sea. … she was left to wander beside the serpent, so dark as to not be at all.

Carried among unstars … Xero-Lyg cataloged all the events that … through time and untime, and there she found paths yet unseen to those among the stars. … to ask what she saw as she looked within the wheel and the center was gone. … This is known only … and … why they now bear this burden alone.
Merid-Nunda is the Magne Ge we all know most, she bore witness to the Crucible of Creationm and is capable of 'blinding the Dragon and bending his form.' She wishes for false-life to be abolished, and with the fire of new light the Mundus may be reforged.
Merid-Nunda

The Red Star. Harbinger of Dawn. Second Daughter of … She is the Light of … who bore witness to the Crucible of Creation. … Refraction within reason … Goddess Who Holds […] Free will is to be surrendered to passion … destiny is fulfilled for the vessel … Radiant in times of … blinding the Dragon and bending his form … Mirror of the Lie … revealing purity in chaos with fervor … that false-life might be abolished … with the fire of new light may the Mundus be reforged.
Iana-Lor is said to be the First Daughter of Magnus, and rescues souls. By her will, the disks continue to whirl.
The Nine Coruscations] [B]Iana-Lor[/B] The Violet Star. The Soul Matron. The Light of … becoming magicka interspersed among … She sits upon a throne … and scatters the souls of mortals along innumerable roads. Through this … fate has a chance to be born said:

The White Star. … our Prime Archon. Queen of Fates Unwritten. … showed her the Infinite Abyss … Indeterminate Sea (Mora Obscura) … revealed the Indefinite Limits of Lorkh-Apeiron … to the four corners of the Aurbix Arenae … myriad kingdoms along innumerable paths … at last came to the South.

… not only … Anui-El and Sithis … harmony within duality; unity of opposites … that contained starlight and endless possibility beyond cosmic interplay. He named her … the Colors of Light … the madness of the Time God and the first challenge of his shadow, who in nothingness saw those endless possibilities first. … outside and separate from the Tri-Nymic, yet crucial to all three. Linear time layered atop infinite possibility, thus did Aka … in the South, and yet … learned why his insanity is all that is and could be. … by this lesson … Ada-mantia, stable spire fixed by a stone of nothing-possible … cleaving a path through the everything to reach Numancia. Thus we must … against Man … that our violence might bring forth a Numinous Paravant, who may with unbound hands echo forth the Prime Archon's endeavor.
All three of these books harkon back to the classic OOG texts and metalore/deep lore in both concept and writing style. Upon first seeing them I wondered if they were written by Kirkbride himself (or Goodall). However, I then came to another realisation, that even if they weren't written by Kirkbride or Goodall or another of the old OOG text authors, and this was written by someone new, it means that the spirit of this lore still exists strong enough in current TES to continue on. They could have easily not have had these novels in the game (infact, not putting them in would have been easier than referencing everything in them, or even just writing them), but whoever wrote them went out of their way for them to be put in the games.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Nine Coruscations are mentioned already in another in-game book which has existed since the very start of ESO; the Exegesis of Merid-Nunda. Curiously, this book also references Herminia Cinna, an Imperial scholar on Aylieds who appeared in Oblivion and would not yet be born for centuries to come.
Exegesis of Merid-Nunda said:
However, working outward from fragments previously translated by Wenegrus Monhana and Herminia Cinna, I believe I can shed some new light on certain key passages in this mysterious manuscript. Our format shall be to provide the translation of each passage, followed by my interpretation of its meaning.

"… were known as the Nine Coruscations, who followed the parabolas that led away from Magnus. Merid-Nunda was of these Sisters, as was Mnemo-Li, as was Xero-Lyg, as was …."
The UESP's lore page for Herminia Cinna suggests it's possible that the Aylied bookshelf in the Gandranen Ruins may have drawn books across time and space to it, which is possibly how it turned up in the 2nd Era.
Elder Scrolls Online said:
Tales say that Gandranen was built by an Ayleid sorcerer, a worshiper of Hermaeus Mora who so loved books that she created a series of magical halls that would attract books from across Tamriel, no matter where—or when—they were published.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Daggerfall Chronicle describes Aetherius as an alternate dimension.
This is the final quest in the Totem series, and most likely the end of the main storyline. Once the Totem has been given to someone, you can visit Nulfaga. Only Nulfaga can transport you to the Aetherius (an alternate dimension) where the Mantella has been hidden.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Going back through my saved video clips to remake gifs that Imgur deleted in all their imaginary wisdom.

Alduin causes a large cave-in with his tremors.
b238d7be-6ef0-4ffd-9907-ec4d8b59f16e.gif
Alduin alters the weather as he resurrects a fallen dragon (who bursts out of their dragon mound in a wave of boulders and dirt).
A giants ground pound will create a large explosion of dirt and rock.
e170d052-a2cc-4602-8402-88a120c79349.gif
A giants stomp will bring up a large dust cloud.
75250243-b164-4ae9-ace9-e20cf41c39c8.gif
Large explosions caused by cannonfire at Japhet's Folly.
ce72d659-cdb9-4485-a3c5-5f1b6c1f7456.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Soul Cairn contains at least two moons in it.
Skyrim-20240208181609.jpg

Wt7dUJt.jpg

Skyrim-20240208191332.jpg
This is not the only cosmic phenomena of interest in this plane of Oblivion, the sky contains a swirling darkness, like a great eye gazing down.

Soul-Cairn-sky.gif

The poor souls trapped in the Soul Cairn will sometimes comment on the sky, saying how it feels like they're being watched.
Trapped Soul: That sky... it feels like I'm being watched. Can't stand it anymore!
They will also comment on how the sky and the clouds are wrong.
Trapped Soul: The clouds, the sky... it's all wrong. Everything's wrong.
They will also comment on how they're 'always being watched.'
Trapped Soul: Shhh. They're watching us. Always watching.

Back