The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Miraak has a super impressive feat that got overlooked for all this time. I've never seen anyone else bring this up...

When Miraak absorbs a dragon soul in the final battle, the skies of Apocrypha change colour, temporarily turning from green to yellow. This is from the top of the tower you are fighting on, which is quite tall, and this change in colour spans to the horizon.

Here're a few other versions where they captured the moment better than I did (this effect lasts a few seconds after the dragons soul has finished being absorbed).

On top of this, it's worth repeating that not only is Miraak using multiple Dragon Shouts simultaneously, but he's able to inflict harm on others while ethereal (infact, he outright kills each dragon with a single attack).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Spells can be used to destroy someones mind, and fireballs can turn someone to char.
(From the Oblivion Prima, page 29)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Miraak is corrupting the All-Maker Stones to compel the people of Solstheim to rebuild them and strengthen his own power.
The Skaal of Solstheim revere six Sacred Stones, symbols of their bond with nature and the All-Maker. These places of power are being corrupted by Miraak, who is compelling the people of Solstheim to rebuild them to strengthen his own power.
(Skyrim Prima, page 94)

A new power in the form of an ancient creeping terror is slowly engulfing Solstheim, as Miraak is siphoning the island's All-Maker Stones and enslaving its inhabitants. His power grows, and only the Dragonborn may be able to stop him.
(Skyrim Prima, page 583)

Miraak seeks to siphon the power of the All-Maker stones and has tainted them with evil, compelling the weaker-willed people of Solstheim into constructing strange shrines for this purpose.
(Skyrim Prima, Page 584)

Miraak is the first Dragonborn, who long ago may have had a destiny to defeat Alduin, but instead chose another, more selfish path. After escaping into Apocrypha, Miraak has been growing in knowledge and power for centuries, all while awaiting his chance to return.
(Skyrim Prima, page 585)

Miraak is siphoning the power of all of the All-Maker Stones, using the enthralled inhabitants of the island to do his dark bidding.
(Skyrim Prima, page 1027)
This All-Maker Stone protrudes from the snowy ground northwest of the Skaal Village. Currently, Miraak is siphoning the stone's power, and stone arches are constructed by enthralled villages.
(Skyrim Prima, page 1030)
(Skyrim Prima, page 1047)
(Skyrim Prima, page 1062)

All of the All-Maker Stones have been consumed by a strange green energy.
(Skyrim Prima, page 587)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Rieklings will destroy the barrels they're hiding by shattering them with enough force to send nearby objects flying (note the plate next to the barrel on the right).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
At almost every corrupted Allmaker-Stone site, you can find someone carrying small boulders back and forth (said boulder is about the size of their chest).

When using Bend Will on one of the All-Maker Stones, the person carrying the boulder ran over to see what was happening, while still carrying the boulder (to the left-hand side). The All-Maker Stone would then unleash a pulse of energy which destroys the dark constructs, making the stonework violently explode.

Clear your throat and bellow the Bend Will Shout directly at the stone. The rock arches glow red and then explode, snapping the Skaal villagers from their malaise. As the pieces of masonry fall away, something is summoned from Hermaeus Mora's realm!
(Skyrim Prima, page 592)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Using Bend Will on the All-Maker Stones will remove Miraak's evil influence over them and the people of Solstheim, and restore the natural order. These stones maintain the Oneness of the land. Even if this does not stop Miraak, it would delay his return.
Upon Miraak's death, Frea feels his dark influence has finally lifted from Solstheim.
Frea: I can feel it. The Tree Stone is free again. The Oneness of the land is restored. Does that mean... is it over? Is Miraak defeated?

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The All-Maker Stones are described as being the size of frost giants (the All-Maker Stones are at least twice as tall as the giants and Frost Giants we see in Skyrim; closer to how big they are in ESO).
If you head west and southwest along the main thoroughfare and around to a promontory overlooking the town, you can see some villagers hard at work erecting a strange monument around an odd glowing sacred stone the size of a frost giant.
(From the Skyrim Prima, page 587)

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The All-Maker Stones that Miraak are corrupting are the same All-Maker Stones were once used in rituals during the time of the Bloodmoon.
These All-Maker Stones are said to be gifts from the All-Maker.
The Skaal believe all things to be in balance, and it's from this balance, this Oneness, that the Skaal draw their power. When this balance is upset, the power of the Skaal is lessened.
When you have completed the ritual, Korst Wind-Eye can feel the balance has been restored.
Bloodmoon said:
Korst Wind-Eye: I can tell that the Ritual is completed. The Oneness once again flows through the land. Can you hear it in the trees? Do you feel the humming of the living land? It is a good thing you have done here, [Nerevarine].
These stone are the Beast Stone, the Earth Stone, the Wind Stone, the Sun Stone, the Water Stone and the Tree Stone.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Miraaks takeover of Solstheim wasn't his first or only attempt to escape Apocrypha, and during the 2nd Era he made another attempt. He is refered to as the First Servant, and considered a myth even among other ciphers, spinning plots and gathering power.
In this attempt, he has had corrupted scrolls placed into Quires Wind (a scriptorium where secrets are bound into tomes) by Cipher Sabinius, which drives many there to madness, both mortal and daedra alike.
Something strange is going on in the scriptorium of Quires Wind. Hermaeus Mora's servants, mortal and Daedra alike, have been corrupted by some outside influence. I agreed to investigate Quires Wind and deal with the source of corruption.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
We finally have the blurb for the box for Betrayal of the Second Era!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Umbriel's appearance causes waves and storms to affect the seas, being the end of one poor vessel and the souls within. The effects are compared with a tsunami, but it's something different as they're in deep water (also, the natural disasters that plagued Summerset during the Oblivion Crisis are referenced).
Umbriel's appearance is first thought of as being a thunderhead/cumulonimbus, and is accompanied by a clap like lightning, but 40 times louder, which snaps the mast off the boat.
The energy Umbriel gives off is similar to that of an Oblivion Gate (even though Martin has shut all gates to Oblivion; at least all non-pact breaking ones).
The Infernal City said:
"I saw an Oblivion gate open once," she said. "When my father worked in Leyawiin. I saw things—it feels a little like that. But Martin's sacrifice—they say it can't happen again. And it doesn't look like a gate."
Another shockwave is unleashed (with something 'unbelievably foul' being carried on it), and the ship is destroyed.
The Infernal City said:
It wasn't shaped like a thunderhead, Iffech realized. More like a fat cone, point down.
Another wind was starting up, and on it something unbelievably foul.
"It doesn't matter what it is," he said. "Not to us."
And a few instants later it didn't.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
During the Made Up Word Round Up (a discussion on the Bethesda Forums), Numidium is refered to as having the ability to alter the laws of nature and mathematics, to the point that time 'before' and 'after' the Dragon Break can be considered two different universes. This could also explain why even the nature of the cosmos is described differently in different installments.
Imagine an earlier universe where pi =1.2 for example ,and somebody effed with the axis mundi using a big stompy robot to make it approx 3.14. Paelonumerology would be the study of the old numbers and rules before the change...