VS Battle The Millennium Earl (D.Gray Man) vs Father (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
Both in character and bloodlusted.

The Earl decides to invade Amestris and turns its citizens into Akuma. Father wants to stop him.

Round 1: 1vs1.
Round 2: The Earl has Akuma on his side, Father has the Homunculi and the Amestrian military and State Alchemists like Mustang and Armstrong.

Restrictions: Father doesn't have access to Truth yet.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I haven't watched D-Grayman, where does the Millenium Earl scale at?
He nuked Edo Japan with his Dark Matter, which I believe is city level or higher. And that was done casually, mind you. In terms of raw power, without Truth, I'd say the Earl takes it.(he should also take speed, unless I'm mistaken, as I'm pretty sure DGM just has better speed feats than FMA, reaching well into the hypersonic range, but maybe someone can correct me on that, as I don't really recall anything from the FMA series that's all that impressive speed-wise.)

In round two, it goes even worse for FMA, as none of the homunculi or alchemists, sans maybe Pride, due to his nature, have a resistance against the kind of poison that Akuma have, which literally causes disintegration shortly after contact with flesh(this includes with fumes emitted from level 1's missile attacks), with the only thing known to purge it, for the most part, being Innocence, the power used by Exorcists, due to it being the direct counterpart and opposite of the Akuma's main power source of Dark Matter.

Now, I'm not going to go NLF and say that the alchemists and homunculi can't even destroy any of the Akuma, on account of them lacking Innocence, however, close combat would be a no-go, as any touch at all with an Akuma emitting even the slightest bit of Dark Matter, will end whoever destroys any of them, and there'd be a lot.(The Earl had so many in reserve, at one point, that a horde of them literally appeared as a huge black cloud over the horizon of a passing ship of exorcists. And this is ignoring how he can straight up fuse them into gigantic monster-Akuma with but a mental command, which wield much more destructive potential than said Akuma individually(and can also lead to the birth of a level 4, even when killed, if I'm not mistaken. and a level 4 is comfortably above Allen and Kanda combined, early in the series, who produced a town level feat with their combined attack, IIRC))

This is also not going into the unique hax abilities that level 2 and 3 Akuma have shown, as they don't really matter, and are kinda overkill. Dark Matter poison alone is enough to basically be a Kryptonite for the bulk of FMA, including most of the homunculi, though I suppose one could argue for their regenerative factor keeping them going for a while longer, but against the onslaught of Akuma, especially when shit like the level 3s and 4s are unleashed, who should also be faster than any of the homunculi, given they should reach well above supersonic territory, they'll be taken out eventually.

So, yeah, without Truth, Father and FMA are kinda boned, hard-core, in both rounds. :kobeha

Last edited:

Flower

King of Nera
V.I.P. Member
He nuked Edo Japan with his Dark Matter, which I believe is city level or higher. And that was done casually, mind you. In terms of raw power, without Truth, I'd say the Earl takes it.(he should also take speed, unless I'm mistaken, as I'm pretty sure DGM just has better speed feats than FMA, reaching well into the hypersonic range, but maybe someone can correct me on that, as I don't really recall anything from the FMA series that's all that impressive speed-wise.)

In round two, it goes even worse for FMA, as none of the homunculi or alchemists, sans maybe Pride, due to his nature, have a resistance against the kind of poison that Akuma have, which literally causes disintegration shortly after contact with flesh(this includes with fumes emitted from level 1's missile attacks), with the only thing known to purge it, for the most part, being Innocence, the power used by Exorcists, due to it being the direct counterpart and opposite of the Akuma's main power source of Dark Matter.

Now, I'm not going to go NLF and say that the alchemists and homunculi can't even destroy any of the Akuma, on account of them lacking Innocence, however, close combat would be a no-go, as any touch at all with an Akuma emitting even the slightest bit of Dark Matter, will end whoever destroys any of them, and there'd be a lot.(The Earl had so many in reserve, at one point, that a horde of them literally appeared as a huge black cloud over the horizon of a passing ship of exorcists. And this is ignoring how he can straight up fuse them into gigantic monster-Akuma with but a mental command, which wield much more destructive potential than said Akuma individually(and can also lead to the birth of a level 4, even when killed, if I'm not mistaken. and a level 4 is comfortably above Allen and Kanda combined, early in the series, who produced a town level feat with their combined attack, IIRC))

This is also not going into the unique hax abilities that level 2 and 3 Akuma have shown, as they don't really matter, and are kinda overkill. Dark Matter poison alone is enough to basically be a Kryptonite for the bulk of FMA, including most of the homunculi, though I suppose one could argue for their regenerative factor keeping them going for a while longer, but against the onslaught of Akuma, especially when shit like the level 3s and 4s are unleashed, who should also be faster than any of the homunculi, given they should reach well above supersonic territory, they'll be taken out eventually.

So, yeah, without Truth, Father and FMA are kinda boned, hard-core, in both rounds. :kobeha
For match up purposes let's say the Philosopher's Stones work like Innocence and can exorcise Akuma and hurt the Earl.

I do think Father has a chance, remember the premise is they had prep time. Round 1 goes to the Earl, but I do think the Amestrian scientists and Military can find a way to bring him down in Round 2. It's not like the Earl has the Ark or any other Noah tech with him in this scenario.

Overall the match ups favour the Earl, but I'd be curious to see what the Amestrians would do.

Let's add a Round 3, 1vs1, but Father has Truth now.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
For match up purposes let's say the Philosopher's Stones work like Innocence and can exorcise Akuma and hurt the Earl.

I do think Father has a chance, remember the premise is they had prep time. Round 1 goes to the Earl, but I do think the Amestrian scientists and Military can find a way to bring him down in Round 2. It's not like the Earl has the Ark or any other Noah tech with him in this scenario.

Overall the match ups favour the Earl, but I'd be curious to see what the Amestrians would do.

Let's add a Round 3, 1vs1, but Father has Truth now.
Still gets washed. At most, the homunculi are destroying level 2 Akuma. Level 3s and 4s will still be too much, due to upscaling from Allen and Kanda's town level feat. All this means, is they last way longer to their inevitable death, due to being immune to Akuma poison, in that scenario(Or resistant, I should say. Exorcists can very much still be infected by it, after all.)

You also mentioned nothing about prep time in the OP, but even with that, there's just nothing they can do to stop the Earl and the Akuma. The stats gap, combined with the numbers, is too much. Amestrians just get rail-roaded, is what happens.

For your round 3, that's where things get a little tricky. Father's only real feat while Truth is absorbed, before Hohenheim pulls the uno reverse card on him, is creating a mini-sun that fits in his regular-sized hand. With Truth absorbed, theoretically, he should be able to fuck with the universe itself, as Truth is one with all in the universe, but he never demonstrates this at all, in the very short time he has Truth's full power at his grasp, so his full stats in this state are kinda up in the air. Definitely above where he normally is, for sure, but to what extent? We don't know, and that makes defining him a tough call.

Going purely off the little he showed, though? Earl should still win, based off of feats, too. In my opinion, anyway.:char

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
I'm pretty sure DGM just has better speed feats than FMA, reaching well into the hypersonic range, but maybe someone can correct me on that, as I don't really recall anything from the FMA series that's all that impressive speed-wise.)
They're both into HS range.

FMA reaches into the double digits .

DGM should be MHS from Allen reacting point blank to an Akuma's machine gun fire but i've never seen that shit calced so it depends on how much a stickler do you wanna be for rules.

Father's only real feat while Truth is absorbed, before Hohenheim pulls the uno reverse card on him, is creating a mini-sun that fits in his regular-sized hand
Which netted him island lvl stats.

With Truth absorbed, theoretically, he should be able to fuck with the universe itself, as Truth is one with all in the universe, but he never demonstrates this at all, in the very short time he has Truth's full power at his grasp, so his full stats in this state are kinda up in the air. Definitely above where he normally is, for sure, but to what extent? We don't know, and that makes defining him a tough call.
With a portion of Truth absorbed you mean. He never actually eats the whole thing , just the aspect of it that sat inside Earth's Gate.

We see that he's alive and well in people for example so the notion that Father ate him whole is not correct and thus we can't attribute any of Truth's stats no matter what those may be. Just an arbitrary portion .

Now, something that peeps are missing for the second scenario.

Father can shit out PS whenever he wants. It's pretty much an instantaneous thing too and since he's working together with the other Homunculi and the State Alchemists, this means that the other Homunculi don't die unless Father wants them to and this also means that all State Alchemists gets Town lvl stats from the PS bonus scaling from Kimblee . Of course, this goes until Father himself runs out which should take a while cause he has 500K souls if he's in his first and second forms.

And finally, all of the shit above, mine or the others doesn't really matter if you want to give the Earl the accolade of being somewhat of a peer to the Heart which apparently is capable of world destruction/ life wipe.

Don't care enough to argue either way.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
They're both into HS range.

FMA reaches into the double digits .

DGM should be MHS from Allen reacting point blank to an Akuma's machine gun fire but i've never seen that shit calced so it depends on how much a stickler do you wanna be for rules.

Which netted him island lvl stats.

With a portion of Truth absorbed you mean. He never actually eats the whole thing , just the aspect of it that sat inside Earth's Gate.

We see that he's alive and well in people for example so the notion that Father ate him whole is not correct and thus we can't attribute any of Truth's stats no matter what those may be. Just an arbitrary portion .

Now, something that peeps are missing for the second scenario.

Father can shit out PS whenever he wants. It's pretty much an instantaneous thing too and since he's working together with the other Homunculi and the State Alchemists, this means that the other Homunculi don't die unless Father wants them to and this also means that all State Alchemists gets Town lvl stats from the PS bonus scaling from Kimblee . Of course, this goes until Father himself runs out which should take a while cause he has 500K souls if he's in his first and second forms.

And finally, all of the shit above, mine or the others doesn't really matter if you want to give the Earl the accolade of being somewhat of a peer to the Heart which apparently is capable of world destruction/ life wipe.

Don't care enough to argue either way.
I did consider using that, but was uncertain about doing so, given the destruction/life-wipe sorta sounds like it may have been a chain-reaction, and since the feat itself, coming as a result of the Earl's battle with the Heart bearer, has never been shown directly on-panel, it makes the whole thing kinda iffy, at best.

Also, knew I was missing something when it came to Father with Truth. :kobeha Had no idea that tiny sun creation feat nets island level(any chance I could be shown the calc that gives it that?). If that's the case, then leaving aside Earl's lore feat(and any potential shit he might get in the next number of years, provided Hoshino doesn't have another hiatus, which she prob will, unfortunately, even with a quarterly schedule:wow) Father should have the power advantage in that scenario. Speed... Probably still in the Earl's favor, though with Father being the more powerful one, the Earl can't out-muscle him, and with the PSs, due to a change in this MU, now having Innocence equivalence, can't really just argue immediate Akuma poison, seeing as with how PS functions, it would count more as a parasitic-type, which as shown with Allen, auto-heal the virus on command.

I still see it as the Earl winning the first two rounds, but the 3rd looks like, with what you just revealed, may be slanted more in Father's favor to win, now, unless the Earl has some broken hax in his pocket that's yet to be revealed, which wouldn't be shocking, given everything he's done in series so far has been with little effort, and how broken the Noah's abilities are(Tyki and Road, in particular, off the top of my head). Still since that hasn't been shown, we only have what the Earl's given so far, which is not enough to overcome Father, I don't think, in round 3.

Also, apologies on getting the absorption part somewhat incorrect(speed too). Haven't seen FMA in a bit, so am definitely rusty on my knowledge of the series. Thanks for that, lad.:mshad

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
I did consider using that, but was uncertain about doing so, given the destruction/life-wipe sorta sounds like it may have been a chain-reaction,
Not what Road implies and it doesn't matter anyway. Two niggas duking it out and killing the world in the process are > a City to island lvl verse by default really.

has never been showing directly on-panel, it makes the whole thing kinda iffy, at best.
This is true.

l(any chance I could be shown the calc that gives it that?).
Not by me. If others want to , great.

It's on the other forum (if Poatato man didn't nuke it ) . IIRC Iwan did it. Not gonna fish for it.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Not what Road implies and it doesn't matter anyway. Two niggas duking it out and killing the world in the process are > a City to island lvl verse by default really.

This is true.

Not by me. If others want to , great.

It's on the other forum (if Poatato man didn't nuke it ) . IIRC Iwan did it. Not gonna fish for it.
True, but with the recent reveals from the manga, it might not have even been the Earl and the Heart bearer themselves who caused the end of the world directly, and I think you know what I'm talking about.

Then again, it could always be revealed that the cross we see which caused it was the Earl all along, which would have interesting implications, so I'll hold off on that, for now. And true, even over time, causing 3 days of darkness that is essentially DGM's great flood event would definitely be above anything seen in FMA. Shame we don't have that shit shown on-panel to allow it for the Earl, as the full context is necessary, I'd say, for that lore feat to be givable.(Others may disagree, but that's how I see it.)

Also, if it's on the other forum, it's prob gone by now. Even so, Waybackmachine might be able to snatch it up. Maybe. :wow

OrlandoSky

Paramount
I will say Father seems to have a stamina advantage. Since the Earl would have to kill him hundreds of thousands of times to make it permanent

If power equalization is in effect in this scenario, how does Father’s alchemy nullification power factor in here?

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Father's alchemy nullification is literally energy nulification. More specifically, it's the null of his Philosopher Stones that are spread around Amestris which have two functions :
1. They forcibly suppress the real energy needed for alchemy, which is the energy produced by tectonic shifts .
2. Act as a substitute for that tectonic energy so that people can still perform alchemy , albeit at an nerfed state.

So he's basically shutting down his own energy supply .

Thing is that this was done before the start of the story and obviously needed prep .

It's something way too specific to be covered by the equalization rule , not to mention that Innocence and Dark Matter are not really your typical energy source ,the former is more of a foreign substance which has its will in a way and that's where the synchronization comes in.

I really wouldn't go for total equalization here.

Back