The OBD in 2024

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So this year, Ral and I have been discussing some new changes and initiatives. I wanted to put this in the main section to get it more attention.

Part 1:

First, we're thinking about a rebrand to "The Battledome."

While the natural response might be to dislike this, given the long history of the initials "OBD" and "Outskirts Battledome," the original OBD is still technically on the old site. Plus the generic "Battledome" arguably leaves more room for growth and a higher ceiling of material. Plus, "OBD" kind of sucks for search engine optimization purposes because you just get "on-board diagnostics."

With this in mind, the wiki will be moved shortly from its current host (which is way too expensive) and probably get a different URL in the process. All the data will be the same and Ral says the SEO will be protected.

Part 2:

With the move and possible rebrand, I've thought of expanding the channel.

Do you remember the old OBD Monthly we did in 2016? I'm thinking about something like that but expanded. It would kind of be a publisher.

We'd make videos under the tagline of "the science of fiction" or something like that, and have content about the mechanics of fights, society, politics, geopolitics, lore, storytelling, etc. Like, you can submit the video to me, we get first publishing rights, then you can mirror it to your channel after a time, maybe 30 days, and promote whatever else you want. If we can become more financially successful I would begin paying for content if I decide to publish it.

The videos can be expanded to other media too but we shouldn't try to do too much too soon. Growing the channel is the first order of business.

I think I will be starting with "The 15 Decisive Battles of Arda (Tolkien)." That's my first idea. I also plan on analyzing some fights in martial arts series with my MMA coach. Other videos too.

Just gauging interest here.

Back