The random photos you took thread a.k.a. selfies of other things

This may or may not just be an elaborate way to justify posting this pic of a praying mantis that was casually chilling on my building's wall by the entrance this morning.

DpE5hBH.jpg

Prolly Mantis religiosa 🤷‍♂️

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
i think so, that's a really old photo but i remember finding a bunch of them crawling around on some trail near water. cute little fellas

Reactions: Ral
i think so, that's a really old photo but i remember finding a bunch of them crawling around on some trail near water. cute little fellas
Wow just wow... I so wanted to see one in person... I had a "swamp turtle" as a kid which I caught with my dad while fishing! It was full of leeches and that was too much for mom :skully

Good times.

Well I might as well begin acting like a responsible member of this fine establishment we have here and actually show you all the "swamp" I mentioned above, been over 23 years since I last went fishing with my dad there so I can't say it wasn't exciting going again today even if I picked the only actual hot day of the month :skully

qqzqRQU.jpg

Xr2lXfY.jpg

kTWe9TJ.jpg

Looks like something straight out of Stalker now.

PerfectGreenDeer-size_restricted.gif

Thanks to @jane for inspiring me to move my ass for an actual rare good memory I have with my dad.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
you are welcome! that sounds like it was a nice time.

Reactions: Ral
you are welcome! that sounds like it was a nice time.
So and so really. He was an awkward dad, not bad per se just not someone fitted for the "job". The most bright and I guess wholesome memory I have of him is when mom went out and he had to take care of me, I was about 6 or so and he was feeling sleepy so I told him to go to sleep while I play being a barber. He did and I started messing with his hair, he woke up with like a dozen hair rollers in his hair :skully

Wake up covered in cold sweat and an empty yet noisy mind.

Get yourself together just to get out of bed knowing what's waiting beyond.

Realise the weather is just right to get out despite the unsettling aura of desperation in everyone's eyes.

Open the apartment door, step out, slowly but determinately head towards the building's front door only to glimpse something on the wall next to you with your peripheral vision, see a cool ichneumon wasp just sitting there no worries in her head just a single goal in life, give life by sacrificing another's, realise she will never understand she has doomed not only herself and her purpose in life but also all her unhatched children, try to help her out of the building, she flies off into the upper floors, fuck this bitch doesn't appreciate me anyway...

GPXotC2.jpg

Back