• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

The Tarrasque (Dungeons and Dragons) vs Nasuverse

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Since Nasuverse seems like the new method of test for verses on this level :mjpls How far does this bad boy go?

the_15_most_powerful_monsters_in_dd_2_0.jpg

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Since Nasuverse seems like the new method of test for verses on this level :mjpls How far does this bad boy go?

the_15_most_powerful_monsters_in_dd_2_0.jpg
Remind me what the breakdown on the Tarrasque is again? I keep forgetting :mjlol

At least continental/ftl with an anti-magic shell/probability manipulation due to legendary resistances right?

seth

Preeminent
Remind me what the breakdown on the Tarrasque is again? I keep forgetting :mjlol

At least continental/ftl with an anti-magic shell/probability manipulation due to legendary resistances right?
multi continental with a lot of hax resistance

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Much higher, actually. Its carapace also has a chance to reflect spells cast upon it. It also has an aura that prevents flight above 20 feet for anything nearby the Tarrasque. It also has resistance to most mind manipulation effects, as well as stuff like fire, poison, disease, and life drain-type abilities. What's broken about the Tarrasque is its regen, as it can regenerate from shit like disintegration, and in-universe can only be truly killed by being knocked unconcious and then using reality warping. Which is a lot easier said than done, since even abilities that would produce incurable wounds or instant death effects are negated. In 4e it doesn't even become unconcious, it just fucks off and goes back to sleep :kobeha

Stat-wise it should actually be planet level minimum. Since the Tarrasque is comparable to demon lords such as Orcus and Demogorgon, and stronger than most godly avatars (as well as elder evils such as Allabar). It isn't even too far behind the true forms of Lolth and Tiamat, meaning it's more accurate to place it around star level+. It should also be MFTL+ since even the lowest of fodder are at that level.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Much higher, actually. Its carapace also has a chance to reflect spells cast upon it. It also has an aura that prevents flight above 20 feet for anything nearby the Tarrasque. It also has resistance to most mind manipulation effects, as well as stuff like fire, poison, disease, and life drain-type abilities. What's broken about the Tarrasque is its regen, as it can regenerate from shit like disintegration, and in-universe can only be truly killed by being knocked unconcious and then using reality warping. Which is a lot easier said than done, since even abilities that would produce incurable wounds or instant death effects are negated. In 4e it doesn't even become unconcious, it just fucks off and goes back to sleep :kobeha

Stat-wise it should actually be planet level minimum. Since the Tarrasque is comparable to demon lords such as Orcus and Demogorgon, and stronger than most godly avatars (as well as elder evils such as Allabar). It isn't even too far behind the true forms of Lolth and Tiamat, meaning it's more accurate to place it around star level+. It should also be MFTL+ since even the lowest of fodder are at that level.
So remind me, something like Polymorph wouldn't be affected by its carapace but something like Ray of Frost would? (sort of a similar situation to Accelerator but also not really, you get what I mean)

Because I remember that being that case.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So remind me, something like Polymorph wouldn't be affected by its carapace but something like Ray of Frost would? (sort of a similar situation to Accelerator but also not really, you get what I mean)

Because I remember that being that case.
Pretty much. Though even that would require the spellcaster to bypass its spell resistance.

MFTL+ D&D fodder?

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
MFTL+ D&D fodder?

Basically everything and everyone within the Nentir Vale, Forgotten Realms, and Eberron settings (as well as any characters who cross over to said settings) scale to this.

So basically, strong enough to basically even give Grands/Artoria/Arthur/Gilgamesh trouble while being far slower than it at it's maximum interpretation?

I can say Tarrasque will lose against Beasts/Space Ishtar/Velber/Outer Gods at it's maximum level and at the minimum you give it, he will lose to high end Servants/Grand Servants/TYPEs

Back