• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - One Othinus To Rule Them All

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Top59 I believe you calc’d that laser feat before? If so, what numbers would we get for Touma and Kanzaki going by it traveling at light speed?

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Top59 I believe you calc’d that laser feat before? If so, what numbers would we get for Touma and Kanzaki going by it traveling at light speed?
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/toaru-stats-speed-in-particular.1222815/post-63318897

Kanzaki is ~7 times faster than Dragon Breath, if you take the DB as light speed for being a photon laser she would be 7 x FTL.

Otherwise by the distance the DB traveled in seconds, Kanzaki would be between 6% to 33% of the speed of light.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
And Touma?
In Touma's case I didn't calculate it because there is controversy about whether it was aim dodge or if he really reacted to it, I don't have a good way to measure the exact distance between Touma and Index, plus it would be less than Kanzaki due to Kanzaki moving after the IB was repelled but before it reached Touma's face so it was less than 1 meter.

So in the best case (assuming that DB is the speed of light and that it was not aim dodge) it would be relativistic, Touma was a few meters from Index (impossible to know exactly how many meters) and touma would have moved at least ~0.8 meters for the size of his arm.

Otherwise it would be MHS+.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
In Touma's case I didn't calculate it because there is controversy about whether it was aim dodge or if he really reacted to it, I don't have a good way to measure the exact distance between Touma and Index, plus it would be less than Kanzaki due to Kanzaki moving after the IB was repelled but before it reached Touma's face so it was less than 1 meter.

So in the best case (assuming that DB is the speed of light and that it was not aim dodge) it would be relativistic, Touma was a few meters from Index (impossible to know exactly how many meters) and touma would have moved at least ~0.8 meters for the size of his arm.

Otherwise it would be MHS+.
Pretty sure the excerpt outright says that the INSTANT the beam was shot, he raised his arm. So it's not aim dodging at the least from my memory.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
We know he took action after it fired towards him, so no aim dodging or doing something beforehand. It’s solidly Relativistic

A pillar of light shot out from within the cracks.

It looked something like a laser beam about a meter across. The light was so pure a white it looked like it had been melted by the sun. The instant it shot out at him, Kamijou thrust his battered right hand out in front of his face.

Last edited:

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Random question, but what instances of time manipulation exist in the series besides Magic Gods and Alice?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
None other that I can recall outside spin-offs. You got the Tamgram from the Toaru X Virtual On who hit the reset button on the whole timeline at the end

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Random question, but what instances of time manipulation exist in the series besides Magic Gods and Alice?
Pirate Girl Luca can manipulate her own time to freely age and deage herself, as well as use once-in-a-decade magic immediately.
World Rejecter itself is time stuff.
Izzard can reverse time, I think.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Forgot about Luca. Than again, the entire Kamisato arc was pretty forgettable.

Don’t recall Izzard reversing time. Just that he undid the destruction of his building by those nights through unknown means. Basically reality warping.

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Maybe, maybe in Mental Out manga is possible that something related to manipulating space-time in some way will come out.

In non-canon, in IF Touma, Aleister and Kazakiri can resist the time stop of Shana and with a special grimoire many magicians too.

Irradiance

Slightly Above Average
Don’t recall Izzard reversing time. Just that he undid the destruction of his building by those nights through unknown means. Basically reality warping.
Guess it's a matter of interpretation. It's made clear that things basically play out in reverse order down to the dust. Whether it's reversing time or just a simulation of exactly the same effect is anyone's guess.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Maybe, maybe in Mental Out manga is possible that something related to manipulating space-time in some way will come out.

In non-canon, in IF Touma, Aleister and Kazakiri can resist the time stop of Shana and with a special grimoire many magicians too.

what the fuck is going on in Mental Out :mjlol

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
what the fuck is going on in Mental Out :mjlol
Appered the level 5 #1 esper before Accelerator and he or she became a cube and can control the space in an unknown way, it seems that there is something related to the Shadow Metal that Misaka level 5.3 created in the Daihasei arc, a group of esper girls who do JoJo poses and have very rare powers, it has few episodes to say something more relevant.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Toaru is going to have a crossover with every other major light novel at this rate. Not feeling this one since I didn’t like Irregular much.

Best crossovers so far for me were Shakugan No Shana, Nier, Danmachi, and Konosuba

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Nier showed that Square Enix IPs are also up for grabs,

Give me a Final Fantasy X Toaru event, I guess with 7 due to the ongoing remake.

Or perhaps a Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts or even a Mana crossover

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
erxa04yzzna51.jpg

Back