• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

grillmaster

Paramount
r_fallen053.png

we need new figure of the fallen why the fuck is this the only figure he has, its either this or the bay design

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
Speaking of Megatron vs Shockwave, this is actually a pretty impressive feat
fightlead1-jpg.27424686

Megatron's fusion cannon launches Shockwave, a giant fucking robot, THROUGH Mount Saint Hillary, crashing through the side of the fucking mountain, and sending him flying across Oregon. Mount Saint Hillary is meant to be closest to Portland, so for reference I suppose we could use the distance to the nearest mountain from Portland
This is notable in part because Megatron was impatient in this scene and WAS NOT AT HIS PEAK, still wounded from his battle with the Autobots and being poisoned, so he could be even STRONGER than this
The kinetic energy from this total is 137.3338910134 kilotons of TNT, this is done by a weakened Megatron and shockwave has sufficient durability to withstand all this.

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
im curious how you got this, the kinetic energy to fling shockwave through the air i can get, but what about plowing through the mountain
In fact, Megatron instantly launched it at a distance of at least 113 kilometers, I took one second plus the entire approximately 90 tons (this is the entire Ultra Magnus).

grillmaster

Paramount
In fact, Megatron instantly launched it at a distance of at least 113 kilometers, I took one second plus the entire approximately 90 tons (this is the entire Ultra Magnus).
oh i see, makes sense
i went with a lowballed weight since magnus is a big dude, i think it was 4300 kgs like you mentioned before, and i got a number in the low kilotons range.
what im saying is i think the true power could be even higher, as the kinetic energy to get shockwave flying through the air doesnt account for the energy to blow through a mountainside

Thirteen prime

Preeminent
oh i see, makes sense
i went with a lowballed weight since magnus is a big dude, i think it was 4300 kgs like you mentioned before, and i got a number in the low kilotons range.
what im saying is i think the true power could be even higher, as the kinetic energy to get shockwave flying through the air doesnt account for the energy to blow through a mountainside
Shockwave is 35 to 40 feet tall (the latter was mentioned once) and Megatron is slightly taller than him.
Laststand-autobotsarenomore.jpg
Among the Decepticons, Shockwave is second only to Megatron in strength (which says a lot).Screenshot_2018-01-04_at_4.53.05_PM.png
Shockwave was able to get out of the rubble littered with a ton of iron ore.Screenshot_2018-01-04_at_5.19.04_PM.png

grillmaster

Paramount
scaling from the weird rocks and the speed lines flying out is this the size of the hole?
1712172563095.png
32 pixels in diameter
292.58 meters in diameter
this is probably an overestimate but its interesting

grillmaster

Paramount
nobody take this at gospel i was curious
so this is a 292.58 diameter hole blown out of this mountain
Mount Hood is Andesite, so 2,771 kilograms per cubic meter
a 292 meter diameter sphere is over 13 million cubic meters
36,339,566,521.7 kilograms
the energy to blast all that rock out at once and send it flying over 70 miles (113 kilometers) hypothetically
2.3200996245779E+20 J
55.45 gigatons
this is probably not the value cause we sadly dont actually see the big hole so it could be bigger or smaller, and the hole would probably be a cylinder not a sphere

grillmaster

Paramount
regardless of the actual numbers he still blew a big fucking hole through a mountain at low power and shockwave tanked it lmao

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Just something for future reference, but you and Thirteen are doing really good documenting a lot of feats, mostly for g1 but also for other continuities. There's two blank posts below the OP that used to have other stuff I deleted, but it might be good to repurpose one as a directory for feats for specific continuities. So eg. if you wanted to do a master post breaking down Sunbow feats/lore/scaling, then it'd be added to that directory, and we could continue to do that for other series/continuities over time. Just would make it all more accessible kinda like how OP is currently a cosmology breakdown (though there's room for me to expand it).

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
r_fallen053.png

we need new figure of the fallen why the fuck is this the only figure he has, its either this or the bay design
he's confirmed for the toyline after Legacy, though I'm not 100% sure if it's the dreamwave design. I hope so as the rest aren't as good lol. But they're doing Aligned Vector for some reason instead of Cybertron

grillmaster

Paramount
he's confirmed for the toyline after Legacy, though I'm not 100% sure if it's the dreamwave design. I hope so as the rest aren't as good lol. But they're doing Aligned Vector for some reason instead of Cybertron
are you serious cmon man i prefer the UT vector design

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
are you serious cmon man i prefer the UT vector design
What I'm hoping is they just wanna get two uses out of the mold, so it will functionally be UT Vector, but with a headswap and different colors. He's way more popular than Aligned so no clue why they teased that design first

grillmaster

Paramount
Just something for future reference, but you and Thirteen are doing really good documenting a lot of feats, mostly for g1 but also for other continuities. There's two blank posts below the OP that used to have other stuff I deleted, but it might be good to repurpose one as a directory for feats for specific continuities. So eg. if you wanted to do a master post breaking down Sunbow feats/lore/scaling, then it'd be added to that directory, and we could continue to do that for other series/continuities over time. Just would make it all more accessible kinda like how OP is currently a cosmology breakdown (though there's room for me to expand it).
oh man thats sweet
id love to after finishing g1 go to aligned, ive just been rewatching more of the toon as of late after a long time and i noticed its a lot crazier featwise, then went to the scripts to see if any details were left out of the final episodes
like part of what i mean, we all know that insane ass Ultimate Doom Megatron feat by now, but i didnt remember that in Countdown to Extinction, the Decepticons actually acknowledge how powerful an explosion that was, theyre shocked to even see Megatron alive afterward. I had assumed the cartoon would just never comment on how powerful of an explosion that is because they obviously dont think about this like we do, but i was pleasantly surprised

grillmaster

Paramount
What I'm hoping is they just wanna get two uses out of the mold, so it will functionally be UT Vector, but with a headswap and different colors. He's way more popular than Aligned so no clue why they teased that design first
actually just remembered theyre already doing figures of UT characters, so it will hopefully be something like that
would be kind of weird to make a mold for a design that as far as i remember only shows up in a book rather than the one from the tv show lmao

Back