• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Transformers feats/discussion

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Something I don't get about transformers.

Can they only turn into their automobil? Or can they turn into other vehicles? If they can why can't they turn into spaceships and go home?

I only watch the LA adaptations so I'm a total novice about this franchise.

Maddie

Acclaimed

Can they only turn into their automobil? Or can they turn into other vehicles? If they can why can't they turn into spaceships and go home?

In the originals show they modified their car forms to be earthlike. As the show progressed they had more unique designs like Astrotrain and Omega Supreme whose vehicle forms had an actual purpose and weren't only a gimmick for kids to buy the toys

As long as he makes contact with it he was able to siphon it, although it looks like I got the details a little mixed up
10YrMdRR28eZLII-KuiMv_THlT29nXGX7
14E7NnihdHHlXiJ3NxizyXXCJh6V7O1Nm
He became Ultra Megatron by Star Convoy willingly giving him the Silver Matrix in a hostage situation, then he uses it to absorb the Alpha Matrix's star power to become "Ultra Megatron Omega"
Omegatron is actually the one who survives Primus' big bang later

However he steals the Golden Power with no Matrix or anything, he just touches Starscream and takes it
Selects-112-AbomFinal.jpg

Selects-091-VolcaF1.jpg

This page is sort of confusing though, as allegedly the 7 universes are already merged prior to this point of the story, but then it still says earlier they're in "Creation Era" which is the multiverse before G1 so....idk
Still capping GMegs at 14x universes/low multiverse level as we already know 1 star power=1 universe. I'm not giving him scaling to the full cosmos.

Also this chapter is pretty funny because after Primus shoots Megatron with a big bang, we see one of the rare times he gets involved and just beats the shit out of anyone in his way.

So Super = Big Bang level (Universal)
Ultra = Something above universal but not clarified beyond that
Omegatron = Enhanched Big Bang level
Golden = 14x multiversal (Freeza is only 2.1x multiversal)

In 2024 I assume Toyo will actually do the Freeza Black Arc, my hopes is he threatens the multiverse (Won't happen) cuz that's put him at 25.2x multiversal

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

varies from series to series
in most comics and the cartoon,s they can't really change alt-modes at will, they usually have to be rebuilt. Scanning vehicles was something the movies introduced, but it seems like most of them aren't capable of space flight on their own, just reentry forms when they encounter a new planet. No reason for this is really ever given, and it's made stranger by Optimus' abrupt ability to fly into space in movie 4

thugshakinglunatic

Can somebody give their opinion on top 10 or top 5 in terms of scaling 2005 IDW Inverse with basic equipment (Not including gods, d void, trypticon, titans, and characters with ores or other amps, their base versions still count tho)

Last edited:

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Can somebody give their opinion on top 10 or top 5 in terms of scaling 2005 IDW Inverse with basic equipment (Not including gods, d void, trypticon, titans, and characters with ores or other amps, their base versions still count tho)
off the top of my head

Thunderwing: rendered all of Cybertron uninhabitable to the point only the Matrix could fix it. Nobody’s ever really able to do anything to him but stall until he runs out of energon.

Phase Sixers in general, but mainly OverLord: Repeatedly shown to clown on thousands of people on Optimus/Megatron/Grimlock’s tier at the same damn time. Sixshot took two hits from Metroplex and still lived. Overlord one-shotted Ultra Magnus and solod the entire Lost Light which was full of Autobot heavy hitters. Killmaster also had a moonbusting gun.

Tarn: Was strong enough Prowl thought he was a Phase Sixer, could take hits from Overlord, and his hax lets him beat any other Transformer in a 1 on 1 fight if he’s serious or isn’t killed before he can make use of it.

Galvatron: Required Optimus, Soundwave, and Arcee to fight him together to finally put him down. Also had the most combat in experience in the entire series (along with Arcee), and tore Megatron in half once.

Point One Percenters: Optimus, Megatron, Grimlock, Scorponok, Ultra Magnus/Ambus etc. are all generally portrayed as stronger than most other characters, hence the Point One Percenter marker. Megatron is the strongest when he channels Anti-Matter, though it’ll kill him as well if misused.

Not sure where to place them: Monstructor was far stronger than Optimus was in Spotlight Optimus Prime, but aside from him and Victorion combiners sucked a lot in IDW. Even Devastator ended up going out sad despite how instrumental he was to All Hail Megatron. They’re probably just under Phase Sixers, but they lack a lot of good feats.

Bludgeon apparently beat all the Dinobots at one point too, so he’s up there, and Shockwave when he forced himself to understand the emotion “anger” also beat all the Dinobots on his own once.

thugshakinglunatic

off the top of my head

Thunderwing: rendered all of Cybertron uninhabitable to the point only the Matrix could fix it. Nobody’s ever really able to do anything to him but stall until he runs out of energon.

Phase Sixers in general, but mainly OverLord: Repeatedly shown to clown on thousands of people on Optimus/Megatron/Grimlock’s tier at the same damn time. Sixshot took two hits from Metroplex and still lived. Overlord one-shotted Ultra Magnus and solod the entire Lost Light which was full of Autobot heavy hitters. Killmaster also had a moonbusting gun.

Tarn: Was strong enough Prowl thought he was a Phase Sixer, could take hits from Overlord, and his hax lets him beat any other Transformer in a 1 on 1 fight if he’s serious or isn’t killed before he can make use of it.

Galvatron: Required Optimus, Soundwave, and Arcee to fight him together to finally put him down. Also had the most combat in experience in the entire series (along with Arcee), and tore Megatron in half once.

Point One Percenters: Optimus, Megatron, Grimlock, Scorponok, Ultra Magnus/Ambus etc. are all generally portrayed as stronger than most other characters, hence the Point One Percenter marker. Megatron is the strongest when he channels Anti-Matter, though it’ll kill him as well if misused.

Not sure where to place them: Monstructor was far stronger than Optimus was in Spotlight Optimus Prime, but aside from him and Victorion combiners sucked a lot in IDW. Even Devastator ended up going out sad despite how instrumental he was to All Hail Megatron. They’re probably just under Phase Sixers, but they lack a lot of good feats.

Bludgeon apparently beat all the Dinobots at one point too, so he’s up there, and Shockwave when he forced himself to understand the emotion “anger” also beat all the Dinobots on his own once.
are there any statements about the point one percenters being relative to each other? also when was bludgeon stated to be able to beat all the dinobots

Last edited:

thugshakinglunatic

off the top of my head

also didnt shockwave make himself resistant to tarns hax by getting rid of his own hearing

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
are there any statements about the point one percenters being relative to each other? also when was bludgeon stated to be able to beat all the dinobots
Not necessarily but I can’t recall any showings that make any of them dramatically above the others. I think Bludgeon beat them in one of the Livio Ramondelli short series but I haven’t finished those, it’s just something I heard about recently. I’ve read all of the main idw run but there’s a few of the miniseries I haven’t tackled yet.
@OtherGalaxy How would Soundwave vs Octavia be for a death battle for Soundwave?
Not familiar with that character, what are they from?
also didnt shockwave make himself resistant to tarns hax by getting rid of his own hearing
I don’t remember ad it’s been a few years since I read Lost Light, I just remember even the phone call causing paralysis, but also Tarn can shut you down by touch too (he’s Glitch) he just typically doesn’t because he can use his voice.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Not necessarily but I can’t recall any showings that make any of them dramatically above the others. I think Bludgeon beat them in one of the Livio Ramondelli short series but I haven’t finished those, it’s just something I heard about recently. I’ve read all of the main idw run but there’s a few of the miniseries I haven’t tackled yet.

Not familiar with that character, what are they from?

I don’t remember ad it’s been a few years since I read Lost Light, I just remember even the phone call causing paralysis, but also Tarn can shut you down by touch too (he’s Glitch) he just typically doesn’t because he can use his voice.
It was suggested on the DB thread as a possible matchup for Soundwave. She's a Warframe who uses sound based weaponry and is super loyal to her master

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
It was suggested on the DB thread as a possible matchup for Soundwave. She's a Warframe who uses sound based weaponry and is super loyal to her master
oh that makes sense, yeah Warframe in general seems like a good fit for Transformers, and they’ve got similar personalities/themes too

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Not a new feat or anything but I think I finally "get" Zero Space, which I'd said confused me too much before to really analyze. Basically, Zero Space actually helps us understand the branch universe vs wider multiverse confusion.

Regeneration One is the comic that drives home every universe has infinite pasts and futures. The Corrupted Matrix Entity was using Zero Space to manipulate Rodimus by sending him to many of these alternates including Galvatron II's timeline, however it explicitly could not break out of that into the rest of the multiverse. This is like, the entire plot of the final arc of Regeneration One, it can't get into the others.

This pretty clearly spells out that despite these infinite pasts/futures/branches etc they don't inherently let you just hop into an entire different universal stream's timelines, the an artifact like the Sword of Primus was needed to accomplish that. It also spells out that the infinite possibilities are not just a way to refer to the rest of the multiverse at large (eg RID and Armada being branches of G1 or something). You could probably use the Japanese concept of "flows of time" from Cloud that connect related timelines to explain this, although of course it's unlikely Furman was aware of those stories and just created a similar concept.

Basically if it wasn't obvious before that the uncountable infinity of branch universes and infinite pasts and present timelines are their own separate things, not related to other continuities, Zero Space makes it far more clear. It's where all of time and space meet...which in this context means, all possibles spacetimes for one universe (Marvel G1 in this case, Rodimus even got to see a bit of the original Unicron vs Primus fight). It doesn't let you venture outside of that on its own, because those are separate groups of timelines with presumably, their "own" Zero Spaces.

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
What is US G1 + IDW + WFC Soundwave's feats?
WFC/Prime is on the weaker end of the spectrum, you might find something city level in there somewhere, but not a ton of big feats there even for cosmic characters (Hasbro explicitly said the Aligned Unicron isn't multiversal for example)

G1 is either weak as shit or gets some portion of the ridiculous planet+ scaling a lot of their high ends show up as. IDW, is an Outlier with the ability to read minds, and should scale to the general country-continental stuff most IDW high tiers sit at. He was part of the team that took out Galvatron, who for all intents and purposes is probably the strongest "normal" Transformer in IDW.

Back