Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
isn't this the one who was passively screwing up galaxies in planet mode

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
The strongest C'tan, Void Dragon, was beaten when multiple blackstone fortresses blasted him into shards; context for this is each blackstone fortress needs to team up with several others to be planet busters.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
isn't this the one who was passively screwing up galaxies in planet mode
Nah that's FunPub Unicron aka just regular Unicron. IDW's version isn't a part of the collective consciousness Unicron has going on and is much weaker, in the multi star level range
The strongest C'tan, Void Dragon, was beaten when multiple blackstone fortresses blasted him into shards; context for this is each blackstone fortress needs to team up with several others to be planet busters.
Oh damn I thought they fed on stars or something so this would be more fair

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Nah that's FunPub Unicron aka just regular Unicron. IDW's version isn't a part of the collective consciousness Unicron has going on and is much weaker, in the multi star level range

Oh damn I thought they fed on stars or something so this would be more fair
They do eat stars.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
The only thing I really know about Void dragon is emperor beating and sealing it and it's probably corrupting the Mechanicus on Mars

and all? or nearly all of the C'tan got fucked over at the end of the WiH and shattered into shards weakening them (not sure on the deceiver)

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Curious, because of the retcon with the Shards, does that mean the individual Shards were the ones feeding on stars? So the "whole" version would be stronger?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
The only thing I really know about Void dragon is emperor beating and sealing it and it's probably corrupting the Mechanicus on Mars

and all? or nearly all of the C'tan got fucked over at the end of the WiH and shattered into shards weakening them (not sure on the deceiver)
The Emperor beat and imprisoned a wounded shard of the Void Dragon on Earth then took it to Mars. He never fought any full power C'tan.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
That honestly makes it worse for the Mechanicus... but it does make sense considering how badly the C'tan got fucked up

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Curious, because of the retcon with the Shards, does that mean the individual Shards were the ones feeding on stars? So the "whole" version would be stronger?
It wouldn't change anything about their previous state before they got their coporeal/living metal/necrodermis bodies, but all the ones fought/released in recent millenia were just shards

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
No, you aren't really understanding. The War of Heaven happened because the Old Ones (the obligatory super advanced ultra transcended mega evolved oldest sentient civilization in 40k's Milky Way Galaxy) didn't want to share immortality with the Necrontyr. Therefore, the Necrontyr declared war on the Old Ones and observed a life-form that was barely living, the original incarnation of the C'tan, being these peaceful star and energy eaters. They created specific physical metallic bodies for the C'tan, which drastically upraised their intelligence but also made them huge assholes.

In turn the C'tan turned the Necrontyrs into the Necrons, immortal, soulless, empowered living dead metallic semi-robotic beings. Thus the War of Heaven really kicks off with the Old Ones creating the Eldar and the Korks (precursors of the Orks); with the Eldar being the psychically most powerful race, they were creating and manifesting their own Gods during the war till the Old Ones were rendered nearly extinct, and the Necrons still fighting the Eldar. When the Silent King realized the C'tan really had betrayed them with the whole fucking SOUL FURNACE thing, the Necrons began a war on the C'tan. Void Dragon, The Deceiver, Nightbringer, The Burning One, etc...were relatively shattered by combined attacks from various Necron armies, their super weapons, or those of the peak ascendant Eldar.

The Necron Overlords, relatively equivalent to a Chapter Master or somewhere between a Custode and Primarch, can also amp and empower themselves to become literal Gods if they have one or more C'tan shards. Trayzn the Infinite defeated a transcendent fragment of The Deceiver who was amped with multiple other C'tan shards and won. Then again this guy might be as OP as the Silent King considering he pokeball'd an entire fragment of a Tyranid Hive Fleet for keks.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Then again Trayzn also tanked and blocked a blast from a blackstone fortress and it is implied the Eldar had to use like a dozen or two dozen to hurt the Void Dragon, so he's still likely at full power probably multi-planet level to star+ level.

>reminds everyone Matthew from VSB was arguing star system level Sigismund
:lmao

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
No, you aren't really understanding. The War of Heaven happened because the Old Ones (the obligatory super advanced ultra transcended mega evolved oldest sentient civilization in 40k's Milky Way Galaxy) didn't want to share immortality with the Necrontyr. Therefore, the Necrontyr declared war on the Old Ones and observed a life-form that was barely living, the original incarnation of the C'tan, being these peaceful star and energy eaters. They created specific physical metallic bodies for the C'tan, which drastically upraised their intelligence but also made them huge assholes.

In turn the C'tan turned the Necrontyrs into the Necrons, immortal, soulless, empowered living dead metallic semi-robotic beings. Thus the War of Heaven really kicks off with the Old Ones creating the Eldar and the Korks (precursors of the Orks); with the Eldar being the psychically most powerful race, they were creating and manifesting their own Gods during the war till the Old Ones were rendered nearly extinct, and the Necrons still fighting the Eldar. When the Silent King realized the C'tan really had betrayed them with the whole fucking SOUL FURNACE thing, the Necrons began a war on the C'tan. Void Dragon, The Deceiver, Nightbringer, The Burning One, etc...were relatively shattered by combined attacks from various Necron armies, their super weapons, or those of the peak ascendant Eldar.

The Necron Overlords, relatively equivalent to a Chapter Master or somewhere between a Custode and Primarch, can also amp and empower themselves to become literal Gods if they have one or more C'tan shards. Trayzn the Infinite defeated a transcendent fragment of The Deceiver who was amped with multiple other C'tan shards and won. Then again this guy might be as OP as the Silent King considering he pokeball'd an entire fragment of a Tyranid Hive Fleet for keks.
oh yeah that makes sense, so it was the original full forms crunching on stars all along

also never heard of the Korks before :skully

Maddie

Acclaimed
Didn't multiple C'tan shards create or expand a 1 light year black hole in Bellisaurius Cawl?

What hax does Unicron have? C'tan have reality warping, time manipulation, causality manipulation, spatial manipulation, dimensional manipulation, existence erasure, temporal BFR, among other things

OtherGalaxy

V.I.P. Member
Whenever he shows up, he eats a fuckton of stars on arrival, and also ate a supermassive black hole
FKNo5lRUUAMyX2q

FKNq_ltVUAMZWcO

I'd forgotten about this, but he's linked to every star in the galaxy and can eat hundreds of them at a time. It doesn't seem like he can destroy the entire galaxy in one go though. He also eats them "nonlinearly throughout time"

He has also absorbed Shockwave's 13 ores which each provide different powers. He primarily used the Teleportation/Spacial abilities, but he has access to Time Manipulation, a sort of Death aura, Gravity manipulation, transmutation, and is able to some degree to resurrect things from the dead (though seemingly not himself)

He doesn't have any resistances to existence erasure, which I think would be one of the biggest problems here. The only IDW transformer that has anything remotely conceptually nullifying would be Shockwave with prep

Maddie

Acclaimed
The best way I can describe Ctan are walking solar system scoped infinity gauntlets. Complete and utter control over all facets of physical reality within a limited range/destructjve level.

Back