Utility of the current Mafioso app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
For those who are behind, Ral and Worst set up a lovely little handy man's tool to assist in game tracking:

All you have to do is ask Ral to add you as host so you can access the tools and add your own upcoming game or update it.

If you can, please elaborate on your vote in the poll in the thread.
Keep in mind if you do select your preference for an onsite addition, this is going to take alot of labor and love from Ral. Worst can get busy from time to time so as a coding partner he isn't consistently reliable.
The current iteration as of now will likely be tweaked and maintained as it has been.

Adding the tool directly to OLF is challenging due to Xenforo's syntax.
It's a solo effort, unless I miraculously gain super syntax powers.
If you prefer integration, you need to be patient.

I'll go one step furtherm
Consider beta testing with Ral.

Bonus: I might create a special skin (collectively decided among the stash of people who do this) for those contributing to OLF's maintenance. Collaborate on themes, assist in graphics or coding – a collective effort to thank you for supporting OLF and Ral.

So if you like the tool but feel it'd be best directly tied to OLF, don't expect instant gratification and use. If you're truly interested in the tool, talk with Ral as a beta tester. Work with him, tell him what you think should be added, tell him what's janky, what's inbetween.
Right now, if you do want to be a beta tester (learning new things to assist isn't required) it will be relevant to the current iteration of the tool, not the potential future it may have.

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
If something like a full on-site integration would be too difficult at the moment, that's ok with me.

imo I think instead of eating the whole pepporoni pizza small stuff like an on-site vote counter/tracking system would go a long way in reducing labor and automating games. I say this with uh, 0 experience in implementing that feature but I feel like that should be relatively easier in the grand scale of things.

Basically drafting up games and set ups takes time anyway so having to use an external application isn't all that inconvenient. But utilizing it for tasks that I'd rather be done with as quickly as possible might

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
imo I think instead of eating the whole pepporoni pizza small stuff like an on-site vote counter/tracking system would go a long way in reducing labor and automating games. I say this with uh, 0 experience in implementing that feature but I feel like that should be relatively easier in the grand scale of things.
Yup, voting is top #1 feature to tackle first for in-forum integration (as an add-on).

It's a ton of work, but if sites like MU could develop and still use such an outdated but still functional feature-set, I have no doubt in my mind that I can get it done. So long as I get some feedback, of course lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back