Vecna (Stranger Things) vs Voldemort

OrlandoSky

Paramount
A lot of people have been talking about the similarities, who wins?

1a0g7zie8j591.png

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
A couple years ago did the new movies upgrade top tiers of the the HP to city level?

Remember reading something about that

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Vecna is kinda weird because of that ending

Throughout most of the show he needs considerable prep to mindfuck one person at a time, granted this is from another reality but still, while the Mind Flayer could somehow possess Will without being on the same plane as him and control dozens if not hundreds of people at a time

but then the ending of season 4 heavily implies Vecna was influencing the mind flayer????? That interpretation never made much sense to me but it seems to be the most common consensus and what Will's last lines imply

idk anything about HP though

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Vecna is kinda weird because of that ending

Throughout most of the show he needs considerable prep to mindfuck one person at a time, granted this is from another reality but still, while the Mind Flayer could somehow possess Will without being on the same plane as him and control dozens if not hundreds of people at a time

but then the ending of season 4 heavily implies Vecna was influencing the mind flayer????? That interpretation never made much sense to me but it seems to be the most common consensus and what Will's last lines imply
Basically the big reveal/implication at the end of S4 was that Vecna IS the Mind Flayer, he was using it as a Proxy/Avatar to interact with Hawkins ins S2/3. He also pretty much scales from everything Eleven can do since he's a much more experienced and buffed psychic even before absorbing and powering himself up with the minds of the rest of the Hawkins' psychic kids and everyone else he murdered in S4.

I'm not sure it's explained why needed like a week of prep to hunt down each victim, I think it might be because he was reaching them from the Upside Down's dimension.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Yeah thats pretty much what I meant

I mean we see him meet the real Mind Flayer but the common interpretation is he acts through it or molded it or some shit

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Yeah thats pretty much what I meant

I mean we see him meet the real Mind Flayer but the common interpretation is he acts through it or molded it or some shit
Yeah there needs to be an explanation on what the black dust cloud is but I think it's just an inanimate object that's part of his "hive mind"

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
A couple years ago did the new movies upgrade top tiers of the the HP to city level?

Remember reading something about that

initially were upgraded to city level cuz of the fb movies

but later got downgraded to city block+ levels

so

as trash as geek potter verse is

the top tiers are

more than enough to k.o the likes of vecna

marf

🍌 Banana Joe 🍌
V.I.P. Member
Voldermort has a mach 15 or so feat in the books, flying from Nurmengard(Austria) to Britain in a short amount of time.

City level probably came from either Newt's thunderbird creating a storm that was used to memory wipe everyone in NY.
Grindelwalds Protego Diabolica, a curse that even with Grindelwald himself no longer present would have burned down Paris if the good guys didn't stop it. Credence(?) blowing a decently sized chunk off a mountain at the end of the second movie.

I doubt it's from the thunderbird though as I don't see why anyone would scale to it.

Tom also has access to hax like Avada Kedavra which is instadeath if it directly hits a person. Transfiguration, turning people into animals and objects or conjuring things like metal. Possession, memory wipe. Cruciatus, a torture curse that will turn the victim into a vegetable if used for too long and probably some other stuff. Basic spells like stupefy and petrificus totalus might also count as hax, knocking the target out and paralyzing them respectively.

He also has some form of protection against mind based attacks via occlumency, however I have no idea how well it would work here.

Permanently killing him would also include finding and destroying all his horcruxes.

Back