Verses with Largest universes

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Beyond the controversy, perhaps ToAru too, in its universe it is supposed to be full of hundreds of millions of phases that are supposed to even can collide and are in the form of layers, which are mostly the size of the universe, some not even have a concept of time or space, other phases are heaven, hell, Olympus, Naraka, etc.

All of this is generally considered to be in one universe, I am not going to enter into the debate whether that would be multiversal in scope or not but it would be a single fairly large universe.
??

It's a plot point that they don't occupy the same space though
the collision of phases and the resulting sparks and sprays in the surface world says hi

the religious phases = / = the phases that occupy the surface world either (including the main phase that the story mostly takes place in)

unless we want to call the entire cosmology of To Aru/the Tree of Sephiroth a "universe", which is.... questionable, to say the least:char

Last edited:

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Dark Tower I think where the cosmology is an endless staircase with each step being a progressively higher microcosmic realm existing in the next (the universe exists as a grain of sand in the next step’s realm, the following exists in a snowflake within the next step’s universe and so on) shit’s weird

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Some of these will likely cross over into more than just one universe territory...

The Elder Scrolls has realms (which can be of infinite size & mass) which consist of many (potenitally infinite) subrealms & pocket realms (parts of which may have been absorbed from other planes). These realms can also have infinite alternate versions, if the beings in charge of them see it so. Memories and dreams are also different realms, some illusionary, others even physical. The Clockwork City, one realm, contains 'wheels within wheels and worlds within worlds.' Different realms can also have multiple layers of reality.

Gridman has each computer contain it's own universe (which, as per Gridman Universe, can be entire universes in and of themselves). On top of being their own universes, these worlds can also contain alternate versions (including in Gridman vs Diaclone, an entire multiverse of unknown size), different planes & dimensions, alternate timelines and even computer worlds of their own (how high up and down this goes I'm not sure).

Wakfu/Dofus has the Krosmos surrounded by three layers (Incarnum, the Astral Plane & the Ether), all of which surround the Material Plane (which is infinite) in a great cosmic egg. There are also other krozmic eggs (other universes), each of which are surrounded by their own three layers. on top of this, there are also Islands of Wakfu, fragments of reality which form islands leading to the Core of the Krozmic Egg.

Little Witch Academia has leylines which warp space and dimensions via quantum superposition, creating places which can only be visited via leylines. There are also other worlds of other sorts (such as feyfolk realms, and possibly other timelines).

The Unwritten has stories (both fictional and real) exist in worlds up and down an endless cosmic hierarchy, and these worlds can contain entire universes (which can include their own hyperdimensions and planes).

Discworld has different pocket dimensions which exist within the universe, such as Hell (as well as infinitely branching alternate realities).

Earthbound has a Magicent, which is very explicitly a universe, exist inside each and every person.

Lord of the Rings has Ea split into at least two halves; the Seen World (the material realm) and the Unseen World (the spiritual world). These worlds can arguably be further subdivided into other worlds (such as the Wraith World), and Ea contains 'infinite extensions of time and space.'

Kill La Kill has Life-Fiber Worlds which can exist in the minds of those who wear clothing with lifefibers in them. These lifefiber worlds are their own realities, which others can physically break into and out of. There are also alternate timelines/dimensions, and even recursive worlds within worlds.

The Chronicles of Narnia has Aslan's Country, a divine platonic realm where each layer is bigger and more real than the last, and all other worlds (which are entire universes, said to be endless in size) are merely reflections of Aslan's Country, which goes on and up forever.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
wrt Gridman vs Diaclone, Diaclone’s a transformers universe so theoretically it should have a >infinite amount of alternate possible versions of itself.

I’ll explain more about Dungeons & Dragons.

Dungeons & Dragons hosts a multiverse (the D&D multiverse) consisting of various realms and dimensions. Central to this are the Material Planes, which can be of infinite variety and host countless worlds like the Forgotten Realms/Kara-Tur, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Eberron, Dark Sun/Athas, Ravenloft, Planescape, Spelljammer, Mystara, Birthright, Al-Qadim, Ghostwalk, Council of Wyrms, Nentir Vale, Exandria, Innistrad, Dominaria, Kaladesh, Zendikar, Amonkhet, Strixhaven, Ixalan, Ravnica, and Theros. Surrounding these are the Inner Planes, representing the elemental forces and consisting of both Elemental and Energy Planes, potentially infinite in their own variations.

The multiverse also includes the Outer Planes, which are realms shaped by moral and philosophical ideologies, potentially hosting an infinite number of alternate versions based on the beliefs and actions of their inhabitants.

Connecting these realms are the Transitive Planes such as the Ethereal and Astral Planes, which function as the glue of the multiverse, allowing travel and interaction between different realms and realities.

Additionally, there are countless Demiplanes, which are smaller, often bespoke universes created by powerful entities, each with its unique laws and constructs.

At the heart of this multiverse is Sigil, the City of Doors, acting as a central hub with doors leading to every corner of the multiverse, embodying the idea of 'worlds within worlds.'

The D&D multiverse is thus a sprawling cosmos with layers upon layers of reality, each plane or realm capable of containing its own universes, dimensions, and alternate timelines, governed by the myriad beings that inhabit them.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I thought the MtG multiverse was separate from D&D?

I know they're like, actually connected, but that just means the D&D multiverse is connected to the MtG multiverse, not that they're the same thing :hm

The Blind Eternities aren't the same thing as the Phlogiston(?) or w/e it is that exists between crystal spheres and whatnot

seth

Preeminent
I’ll explain more about Dungeons & Dragons.

Dungeons & Dragons hosts a multiverse (the D&D multiverse) consisting of various realms and dimensions. Central to this are the Material Planes, which can be of infinite variety and host countless worlds like the Forgotten Realms/Kara-Tur, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, Eberron, Dark Sun/Athas, Ravenloft, Planescape, Spelljammer, Mystara, Birthright, Al-Qadim, Ghostwalk, Council of Wyrms, Nentir Vale, Exandria, Innistrad, Dominaria, Kaladesh, Zendikar, Amonkhet, Strixhaven, Ixalan, Ravnica, and Theros. Surrounding these are the Inner Planes, representing the elemental forces and consisting of both Elemental and Energy Planes, potentially infinite in their own variations.

The multiverse also includes the Outer Planes, which are realms shaped by moral and philosophical ideologies, potentially hosting an infinite number of alternate versions based on the beliefs and actions of their inhabitants.

Connecting these realms are the Transitive Planes such as the Ethereal and Astral Planes, which function as the glue of the multiverse, allowing travel and interaction between different realms and realities.

Additionally, there are countless Demiplanes, which are smaller, often bespoke universes created by powerful entities, each with its unique laws and constructs.

At the heart of this multiverse is Sigil, the City of Doors, acting as a central hub with doors leading to every corner of the multiverse, embodying the idea of 'worlds within worlds.'

The D&D multiverse is thus a sprawling cosmos with layers upon layers of reality, each plane or realm capable of containing its own universes, dimensions, and alternate timelines, governed by the myriad beings that inhabit them.
cool but this thread is about indivual universe not multiverses

Back