War of the Worlds power, feats, respect & lore thread

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
War of the Worlds is a classic science fiction story about invaders from Mars who attack the Earth in giant tripod machines, but are ultimately wiped out when all of mans weapons fail by bacteria. It has been adapted into movies, TV shows, comics, radio shows (which has become infamous for causing mass panic when the listeners thought it was real), musicals, video games and has inspired the real life development of scientists (such as liquid fuelled and multi-staged rockets). It has a series of sequels, and the iconic tripods have inspired and been featured in other works.

In this thread I'll be covering as many iterations of this story as I can, and specifying which version they're from.
cPiUBCk.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Martians intellect is far greater than that of humanities, and they study humanity like a scientist would study microbes under a microscope.
No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man’s and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water.
Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.
The Martians are mostly brains, who create bodies for their own needs.
We men, with our bicycles and road-skates, our Lilienthal soaring-machines, our guns and sticks and so forth, are just in the beginning of the evolution that the Martians have worked out. They have become practically mere brains, wearing different bodies according to their needs just as men wear suits of clothes and take a bicycle in a hurry or an umbrella in the wet.
Diseases are implied to not exist on Mars because the Martians destroyed them all.
Micro-organisms, which cause so much disease and pain on earth, have either never appeared upon Mars or Martian sanitary science eliminated them ages ago.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
People are described like ants compared with a tripod.
But the Martian machine took no more notice for the moment of the people running this way and that than a man would of the confusion of ants in a nest against which his foot has kicked.
A description of a tripods speed, moving a hundred yards in a flash and smashing down pine trees.
A monstrous tripod, higher than many houses, striding over the young pine trees, and smashing them aside in its career; a walking engine of glittering metal, striding now across the heather; articulate ropes of steel dangling from it, and the clattering tumult of its passage mingling with the riot of the thunder. A flash, and it came out vividly, heeling over one way with two feet in the air, to vanish and reappear almost instantly as it seemed, with the next flash, a hundred yards nearer.
Another tripod smashes down pine trees like a man parts reeds.
Then suddenly the trees in the pine wood ahead of me were parted, as brittle reeds are parted by a man thrusting through them; they were snapped off and driven headlong, and a second huge tripod appeared, rushing, as it seemed, headlong towards me.
The tripods are described as 100 feet (30.48m) tall and as fast as an express train.
They were described as ‘vast spiderlike machines, nearly a hundred feet high, capable of the speed of an express train, and able to shoot out a beam of intense heat.’
The Martians' Heat Ray sets fire to a town in moments.
The giant saved Woking station and its cluster of houses until the last; then in a moment the Heat Ray was brought to bear, and the town became a heap of fiery ruins.
The Heat Ray can melt lead & glass and make iron soft.
However it is done, it is certain that a beam of heat is the essence of the matter. Heat, and invisible, instead of visible, light. Whatever is combustible flashes into flame at its touch, lead runs like water, it softens iron, cracks and melts glass, and when it falls upon water, incontinently that explodes into steam.
The Heat Ray causes an explosion felt from a considerable distance.
Then suddenly we saw a rush of smoke far away up the river, a puff of smoke that jerked up into the air and hung; and forthwith the ground heaved under foot and a heavy explosion shook the air, smashing two or three windows in the houses near, and leaving us astonished. ‘Here they are!’ shouted a man in a blue jersey. ‘Yonder! D’yer see them? Yonder!’ Quickly, one after the other, one, two, three, four of the armoured Martians appeared, far away over the little trees, across the flat meadows that stretched towards Chertsey, and striding hurriedly towards the river. Little cowled figures they seemed at first, going with a rolling motion and as fast as flying birds.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
As well as the heat ray, the tripods spray toxic black smoke.
‘The Martians are able to discharge enormous clouds of a black and poisonous vapour by means of rockets. They have smothered our batteries, destroyed Richmond, Kingston, and Wimbledon, and are advancing slowly towards London, destroying everything on the way. It is impossible to stop them. There is no safety from the Black Smoke but in instant flight.’
The Martians possess handling machines with 5 legs and 3 tentacles to put their machines together and excavate the ground. It's motions are so swift, complex and perfect that it's thought of more as a creature at first. Note also the narrator says that the study of these machines afterwards helped humanity develop further.
The mechanism it certainly was that held my attention first. It was one of those complicated fabrics that have since been called handling-machines, and the study of which has already given such an enormous impetus to terrestrial invention. As it dawned upon me first, it presented a sort of metallic spider with five jointed, agile legs, and with an extraordinary number of jointed levers, bars, and reaching and clutching tentacles about its body. Most of its arms were retracted, but with three long tentacles it was fishing out a number of rods, plates, and bars which lined the covering and apparently strengthened the walls of the cylinder. These, as it extracted them, were lifted out and deposited upon a level surface of earth behind it. Its motion was so swift, complex, and perfect that at first I did not see it as a machine, in spite of its metallic glitter. The fighting-machines were co-ordinated and animated to an extraordinary pitch, but nothing to compare with this. People who have never seen these structures, and have only the ill-imagined efforts of artists or the imperfect descriptions of such eye-witnesses as myself to go upon, scarcely realise that living quality.
The Martians also posses self-automated dredging machines.
...and down on the left a busy little digging mechanism had come into view, emitting jets of green vapour and working its way round the pit, excavating and embanking in a methodical and discriminating manner. This it was which had caused the regular beating noise, and the rhythmic shocks that had kept our ruinous refuge quiver- ing. It piped and whistled as it worked. So far as I could see, the thing was without a directing Martian at all.
The Martians posses flying machines.
It was deep twilight when the captain cried out and pointed. My brother strained his eyes. Something rushed up into the sky out of the greyness—rushed slantingly upward and very swiftly into the luminous clearness above the clouds in the western sky; something flat and broad, and very large, that swept round in a vast curve, grew smaller, sank slowly, and vanished again into the grey mystery of the night. And as it flew it rained down darkness upon the land.
Martians don't need to sleep.
In three other points their physiology differed strangely from ours. Their organisms did not sleep, any more than the heart of man sleeps. Since they had no extensive muscular mechanism to recuperate, that periodical extinction was unknown to them. They had little or no sense of fatigue, it would seem. On earth they could never have moved without effort, yet even to the last they kept in action. In twenty-four hours they did twenty-four hours of work, as even on earth is perhaps the case with the ants.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The cylinders are fired from Mars, and are said to traverse thousands of miles a minute.
In a telescope it seems far profounder. And invisible to me because it was so remote and small, flying swiftly and steadily towards me across that incredible distance, drawing nearer every minute by so many thousands of miles, came the Thing they were sending us, the Thing that was to bring so much struggle and calamity and death to the earth.
Further confirmation of this; the cylinders are travelling in miles per second.
And, all unsuspected, those missiles the Martians had fired at us drew earthward, rushing now at a pace of many miles a second through the empty gulf of space, hour by hour and day by day, nearer and nearer.
Description of the cylinders destruction when it lands, and it's size.
An enormous hole had been made by the impact of the projectile, and the sand and gravel had been flung violently in every direction over the heath, forming heaps visible a mile and a half away. The heather was on fire eastward, and a thin blue smoke rose against the dawn. The Thing itself lay almost entirely buried in sand, amidst the scattered splinters of a fir tree it had shivered to fragments in its descent. The uncovered part had the appearance of a huge cylinder, caked over and its outline softened by a thick scaly dun-coloured incrustation. It had a diameter of about thirty yards.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
From the 1953 movie, the Martians Heat Ray can cause tanks to vanish, as well as people.

mQgDXn.gif

ZVN2G8.gif
The Martains ships shields protect them from a nuclear bomb.

oQkGnL.gif

BLjwvo.gif
The Martians attack L.A, blowing up buildings in impressive explosions.

KZvJB8.gif

59X2MX.gif

pQlJny.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
From the 2005 movie, the aliens (not from Mars this time) create a huge storm with the arrival of their spaceship/portal to send the aliens down to the tripods, which also works as an EMP.
mQgDj9.gif

MQxLAO.gif
A tripod burst up from underground, throwing around and crushing cars and breaking nearby buildings.

4RP1q7.gif

ZVN2DQ.gif

MQxL2m.gif

mQgDPG.gif

yrxVnn.gif
The Heat Ray turns people to dust, pushes cars and shatters buildings (note also in the shot when it pushes the car, it hits it again and flips it).

9QPkPD.gif

BLjwjY.gif

VPKXKX.gif
The Heat Ray destroys a big bridge and sends the bridge and the cars and trucks full of petrol on it flying.

G5oBVL.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The tripods destroy a plane (or it comes down because of the EMP effect). Also the sheer number of tripods possessed by the aliens are shown, and one of them destroying a building.

ZVN3VE.gif
Tripods move underwater to ambush a ferry (creating a large whirlpool), flip the ferry and harvest the people floating in the water.

The tripods destroy a plane (or it comes down because of the EMP effect). Also the sheer number of tripods possessed by the aliens are shown, and one of them destroying a building.
Spoiler:
ZVN3VE.gif

Tripods move underwater to ambush a ferry (creating a large whirlpool), flip the ferry and harvest the people floating in the water.
Spoiler:
oQkDRz.gif

L8wL9g.gif

9QPlrP.gif
The tripods deflect military bombardment. One the the tripods is burning, so an explosion managed to hit it, but with only superficial damage (if at all). Even without shields the 2005 tripods are durable.

Spoiler:
ZVN3VE.gif

Spoiler:
oQkDRz.gif

L8wL9g.gif

9QPlrP.gif

One the the tripods is burning, so an explosion managed to hit it, but with only superficial damage (if at all). Even without shields the 2005 tripods are durable.
MQxRY3.gif

xvwYOr.gif
Even when the tripods are weakened by diseases with their shields down, it takes multiple rocket launcher shots to take one down.

vorNgV.gif

qYmGYR.gif

wmvOmm.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The musical version of War of the Worlds adapts the book quite closely, but there are some points it adds. The tripods pick up men and bash them against trees.

Artilleryman: Anyone here?
Journalist: Come in. Here, drink this.
Artilleryman: Thank you.
Journalist: What's happened?
Artilleryman: They wiped us out. Hundreds dead, maybe thousands.
Journalist: The heat ray?
Artilleryman: The Martians. They were inside the hoods of machines they'd made, massive metal things on legs. Giant machines that walked. They attacked us. They wiped us out.
Journalist: Machines?
Artilleryman: Fighting machines, picking up men and bashing them against trees. Just hunks of metal, but they knew exactly what they were doing.
The tripods wade through bridges like paper.

Journalist: We saw tripods wading up the Thames, Cutting through bridges as though they were paper. Waterloo bridge, Westminster bridge, one appeared above Big Ben.
It's confirmed in this version they did away with all the bacteria on Mars long ago.

Journalist: Man's empire had passed away, taken swiftly and without error, by these creatures who were composed entirely of brain. Unhampered by the complex systems which make up man, they made and used different bodies according to their needs. They never tired, never slept and never suffered, having long since eliminated from their planet the bacteria which cause all fevers and other morbidities...
The Martians interfere with communication systems on Earth from Mars.

Pasadena Control: It's looking good. It's going good. We're getting great pictures here at NASA Control, Pasadena. The landing-craft touched down on Mars 28 kilometers from the aim-point. We're looking at a remarkable landscape, littered with different kinds of rocks - red, purple... How 'bout that, Bermuda?
Bermuda Control: Fantastic! Look at the dune-field.
Pasadena Control: Hey, wait. I'm getting a no-go signal. Now I'm losing one of the craft. Hey, Bermuda, you getting it?
Bermuda Control: No, I lost contact. There's a lot of dust blowing up there.
Pasadena Control: Now I've lost the second craft. We got problems.
Bermuda Control: All contact lost, Pasadena. Maybe the antenna's...
Pasadena Control: What's that flare? See it? A green flare, coming from Mars, kind of a green mist behind it. It's getting closer. You see it, Bermuda? Come in, Bermuda! Houston, come in! What's going on? Tracking station 43, Canberra, come in, Canberra! Tracking station 63, can you hear me, Madrid? Can anybody hear me? Come in, come in...
We also have art from the album. The cylinder on Horsell Commons.
cPiUBCk.jpg
The Heat-Ray destroys a building.
JN8Bm0t.jpg
A tripod destroys the HMS Thunderchild.
GLfeET8.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A Martians destroys bridges by walking through them as it sews black smoke.
By mid- day a Martian had been seen at Barnes, and a cloud of slowly sinking black vapour drove along the Thames and across the flats of Lambeth, cutting off all escape over the bridges in its sluggish advance.
The Heat-Ray slices through the Thunder Childs iron side like a white-hot iron through paper. And it still plows onwards.
They saw the gaunt figures separating and rising out of the water as they retreated shoreward, and one of them The War of the Worlds raised the camera-like generator of the Heat-Ray. He held it pointing obliquely downward, and a bank of steam sprang from the water at its touch. It must have driven through the iron of the ship’s side like a white-hot iron rod through paper.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
There are multiple comic adaptions of War of the Worlds too. The following scans are from the one by Ian Edginton & S'Israeli, which is a faithful adaption of the source material, that allows us to see just how great Martian tech is. The green mist shooting out from Mars can be seen in comparison to Mars itself, and happens in a short timeframe.
xnxWe00.jpg
Scale of how large Martian clinders are, and the craters caused by their impact.
K2c9s3N.jpg

anTvanO.jpg

LdZyoXa.jpg
The Heat Ray skeletonizes its victims, and melts metal.
3DQp8yz.jpg

V9TVYMg.jpg

XYyudRO.jpg
zXI1OYO.jpg
A toppled tripod causes a massive amount of water to evaporate.
m2XAgbB.jpg

7j7ZG69.jpg
The Thunderchild destroys a tripod, but the Heat Ray blows it up.
VqdKiXe.jpg

l1gvWoZ.jpg
The handling machine and the dredger, and the Martians drain their victims of blood.
cTUWOEs.jpg

rWvuxru.jpg

jiZwYDO.jpg

zAs9nL7.jpg
The Martians development of their base in London, and their flying machine.
8STgxSc.jpg

mqe1uBa.jpg

WTpxJcB.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The sequence in the book with which the fallen tripid topples into the water. It's also noted to destroy a church steeple in its death throes.
The decapitated colossus reeled like a drunken giant; but it did not fall over. It recovered its balance by a miracle, and, no longer heeding its steps and with the camera that fired the Heat-Ray now rigidly upheld, it reeled swiftly upon Shepperton. The living intelligence, the Martian within the hood, was slain and splashed to the four winds of heaven, and the Thing was now but a mere intricate device of metal whirling to destruction. It drove along in a straight line, incapable of guidance. It struck the tower of Shepperton Church, smashing it down as the impact of a battering ram might have done, swerved aside, blundered on and collapsed with tremendous force into the river out of my sight.

A violent explosion shook the air, and a spout of water, steam, mud, and shattered metal shot far up into the sky. As the camera of the Heat-Ray hit the water, the latter had immediately flashed into steam. In another moment a huge wave, like a muddy tidal bore but almost scaldingly hot, came sweeping round the bend upstream. I saw people struggling shorewards, and heard their screaming and shouting faintly above the seething and roar of the Martian’s collapse.

For a moment I heeded nothing of the heat, forgot the patent need of self-preservation. I splashed through the tumultuous water, pushing aside a man in black to do so, until I could see round the bend. Half a dozen deserted boats pitched aimlessly upon the confusion of the waves. The fallen Martian came into sight downstream, lying across the river, and for the most part submerged.

Thick clouds of steam were pouring off the wreckage, and through the tumultuously whirling wisps I could see, intermittently and vaguely, the gigantic limbs churning the water and flinging a splash and spray of mud and froth into the air. The tentacles swayed and struck like living arms, and, save for the helpless purposelessness of these movements, it was as if some wounded thing were struggling for its life amid the waves. Enormous quantities of a ruddy-brown fluid were spurting up in noisy jets out of the machine.
The Artillery Mans comment on the London base and the flying machine.
‘They’ve gone away across London,’ he said. ‘I guess they’ve got a bigger camp there. Of a night, all over there, Hampstead way, the sky is alive with their lights. It’s like a great city, and in the glare you can just see them moving. By daylight you can’t. But nearer—I haven’t seen them—’ (he counted on his fingers) ‘five days. Then I saw a couple across Hammersmith way carrying something big. And the night before last’—he stopped and spoke impressively—‘it was just a matter of lights, but it was something up in the air. I believe they’ve built a flying-machine, and are learn- ing to fly.’
The wreakage of this flying machine was actually seen, and the martians were experimenting on the Earths atmosphere.
Across the pit on its farther lip, flat and vast and strange, lay the great flying-machine with which they had been experimenting upon our denser atmosphere when decay and death arrested them.
How martians reproduce.
In the next place, wonderful as it seems in a sexual world, the Martians were absolutely without sex, and therefore without any of the tumultuous emotions that arise from that difference among men. A young Martian, there can now be no dispute, was really born upon earth during the war, and it was found attached to its parent, partially BUDDED off, just as young lilybulbs bud off, or like the young animals in the fresh-water polyp.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Now we come to our first sequel. Scarlet Traces (by Ian Edginton & S'Israeli of the above comic adaption) is a steampunk story about how after the war, people reverse-engineered the martians technology. Thanks to all their martian tech, England is the strongest nation on the planet, and takes over most of it (two-thirds). We see walker tech everywhere, from vehicles to tiny vermin exterminators, plus flying machines.
Rio5BOx.jpg
ZLET5pq.jpg

0IDrmZZ.jpg
Scarlet traces England possess hand held mini heat rays that can burn straight through a person.
Tj4Wgm7.jpg
g8hDoVg.jpg
PC2unXl.jpg
Red Weed has been cultivated (a new breed that can survive on Earth) in order to keep the machinery working.
JSWmZq7.jpg
All the developments were thanks to the sole surviving martian, who sealed it's tripod when it saw what was happening and crafted a filter to get all the infections out.
sca8KWN.jpg
The intent of the British government is to counter invade Mars, but the martian warns that they are doomed, and they (the martians) aren't the worst thing on Mars.
v4yKQ1U.jpg
Using giant gravity cannons, the British Empire will fire their own missiles to Mars, each the size of Saint Pauls Cathedral. Also, live footage is a thing this Victorian/Edwardian Era England possesses.
l4cK69S.jpg
OpLZogO.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Scarlet Traces: The Great Game continues the story of the original Scarlet Traces, and jumps to the 1940s, where Britain is still waging war on Mars, including in space. A battlefield on Mars, where we see the British Heat Rays and fighter planes and armies of tripods. We also see the Martians Heat Ray's range can shoot down said planes.
qOxCJeS.jpg

iyA4thW.jpg

bSNoHPJ.jpg

16fM3XQ.jpg
The British space ships.
JCyiAQg.jpg
England has helicopters with searchlight tentacles, and jump jet passenger planes.
qogd84Z.jpg
GIrONll.jpg
The spaceships fly from Earth to the Moon, where they are launched to Mars through an accelerator. The passengers in their gravity chairs enter hibernation surrounded by gel in order to protect them from the immense speeds, and their suits deal with human waste.
JuJRQJC.jpg

J8G6flx.jpg
Said accelerator accelerates the space ship to tens of thousands of miles a second.
hdjfZep.jpg
One inventor made an anti-gravity gel, which he regretted doing so, as it could be used in warfare, which it ultimately was. The British Empire uses missiles that fire the gel all over Mars and wipe out its surface, killing all Martians and any humans remaining there.
eI9FQZm.jpg

rfcqJUO.jpg

20wUsNb.jpg
The British Empire set up sky elevators over Mars, and the Martian heat ray is strong & precise enough to take down the sky elevator and the approaching spaceship up in orbit from the ground. The gravity chairs then eject and make their way down to the ground, dodging around danger.
CQZPl4N.jpg

tlAhtfg.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Flashback of the original Martian Invasion, shots of the vast architecture of the British Empire and comments of how robots took over many peoples jobs.

Galo de Lion

Burning Firefighting Soul​

Flashback of the original Martian Invasion, shots of the vast architecture of the British Empire and comments of how robots took over many peoples jobs.
Spoiler:
Ae3kLDR.jpg
An ancient map on Mars reveals how the Solar System was long before, an the "Martians" originated from the planet between Mars and Jupiter, which has since become the asteroid belt, and the Earth appearing to still be in its Pangea stage. Life aso resides on the Moon, Venus and Mercury.
gEqTivK.jpg

D5mHMiC.jpg
The original Martians lived on Mars for millions of years before the Invaders arrived, in cities that spanned thousands of miles.
XqHNXPd.jpg
For reasons unknown, the original Invader home planet was destroyed (its remains became the asteroid belt), and the after effects of this explosion included destroying the Martian atmosphere and caused a planetary shift across Mars, and for meteorites to hit Earth and wipe out the dinosaurs.
h1XdRU4.jpg

Y0x75yl.jpg
Scanners detected the Invaders sending cylinders to Venus in order to flank Earth. The British Empire sent their own missiles filled with diseases and infections, but this time around the Invaders had developed an immunity.
KFKZgvs.jpg

idKK2cw.jpg
The Invaders though had more subtle plans too. They captured and experimented on humans, and began genetically engineering human-"martian" hybrids, who could infiltrate the British Empire and take them down from the inside.
cGs7RDH.jpg
zFjsQIO.jpg

19yBIRU.jpg
The humanoid Invaders had taken over the moonbase and used the accelerator to send car-sized moon rocks at England every 5 minutes. The artillery fire from the Moon is visible from its orbit.
Q88FMpJ.jpg

WYBgRrA.jpg
5JQY49t.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The 2005 tripods take down a plane (offscreen). Note how there are no bodies to be seen, but clothes strewn everywhere.
7LBXZA.gif

xvr1MJ.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Superman: War of the Worlds is a cross over between Superman and War of the Worlds. The tripods are immune to artillery fire. The tripods heat ray hurts Superman (Superman isn't as powerful here as in other incarnations, at least as far as I know; he says he doesn't have the strength to throw a martian back to Mars).
pWxQmxY.jpg

OD4YVoU.jpg

lAgQKhI.jpg

6YXuI57.jpg

8GVeyo2.jpg
They make a prison strong enough for Superman.
m6N8rAt.jpg
The Martians communicate telepathically.
Mz3Gak6.jpg
Martians topple from their cylinder into the pit, and survive this fall in Earths greater gravity with their large masses.
Ohh4jZm.jpg
Even with the legs destroyed, a tripods hood can still hover thanks to anti-gravity. However, something passing beneath them can affect this.
Z4u9Vtn.jpg

rcUiYbP.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
(Sigh). Asylums War of the Worlds and its sequel War of the Worlds: The Next Wave tripods cause impressive destruction (seen off screen) and have flying machines.

yhI282a.png

8Cd06Op.png

RP0wH9Z.png
Jq9E9D.gif

The Martians can create wormholes that allow them to travel from Mars to Earth in a nanosecond.
10:12
The "heat rays" teleport the victims into the mothership to be prepared for harvesting.
13:15
The Martians mothership is creates creates a time hole through tachyons.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
War of the Worlds: Second Wave is a comic by Michael Alan Nelson & Sunder Raj (with no relationship to War of the Worlds 2: The Next Wave). The tripods toss a fire truck.
OmnJMt3.jpg
The tripods fall/are fired from orbit and survive.
JGZzz1H.jpg

WpTcM5A.jpg
Whenever these tripods fell to disease, they didn't die but became incapacitated. Scrubbers that clean the atmosphere in certain areas allow them to resurrect again.
MwjpwHT.jpg
Said scrubbers are also fired from orbit and survive.
4PLxGsw.jpg

vR9D5nE.jpg

A2llAJn.jpg
The heat ray cuts a car in half and rips up the road.
ftb2oHn.jpg
The Martians drink people straight through their tentacles.
NbWaaWa.jpg
The tripods withstands a tank round, and bullets bounce off it. It retaliates with a heat ray that skeletonizes people and melts a tank in half.
tqUEb2p.jpg

8625bc1.jpg

CoKP8g3.jpg

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Another graphic novel version of War of the Worlds by Dobbs and Vicente Cifuentes has the Martians being able to mentally probe humans. I hope to get more scans in the future, but you can kind of see it here.
bJrJxeY.jpg

Back